4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and fit
Published 8 months ago by S & J

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened to the pockets?
Published 6 months ago by Justin I.

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened to the pockets?, July 10, 2014
Justin I. (Chico, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unionbay Men's Survivor Belted Cargo Short (Apparel)
The shorts fit well & the cargo pockets are nice & deep. But what happened to the hand pockets, they are super short. I can't keep my phone or keys in them because they fall out when I sit down. I like everything else about the shorts. Bought two pair, should have returned them, but think I'll just extend the pockets. These seem to last a long time, I've had my other pairs over 5 years, so its worth the extra effort for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and fit, May 30, 2014
This review is from: Unionbay Men's Survivor Belted Cargo Short (Apparel)
This is a solid, middle of the road short with a very good fit. The only minor complaints I had is that the fabric is a touch heavy, which could be a problem for very warm weather, and the leg openings are a little wide, which makes my calves look smaller and out of proportion with my thighs (you can kind of see this in the picture they provided here). I decided to go with Unionbay's Cordova shorts instead, which I found more flattering and a little more comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect waist, but long, June 25, 2014
The waist is perfect like I was expecting, considering it's the only measurement I was given. Unfortunately, the shorts as a whole are longer than I'm used to, and subsequently the crotch is too low. Other than that, they're a great pair of shorts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts, July 9, 2014
Jay T (Grand Rapids MI USA) - See all my reviews
Shorts fit as advertised and material is not the thin cheap stuff. Overall great shorts for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 16, 2014
Anthony Bopp (Vinton, IA United States) - See all my reviews
Would like it if the pockets were about an inch deeper but otherwise they are fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Younger cut, June 13, 2014
Not my 1st pair of Union Bays, so it was not a big surprise they are cut a bit low in the waist for my taste. Having said that, I have worn them several times now & have no complaints. The waist is sized right, the length looks good & the pockets(very important to me)give me a place for everything I like to carry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Long shorts, shallow pockets, October 2, 2014
These fit me quite well, and the belt is a nice addition. Be aware that the pockets are very shallow. My 5.5" smartphone doesn't even fit all the way in the pocket - the corner hangs out. It is very easy for my phone to slip out my pocket when I sit down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shorts, September 12, 2014
Seem to be very well made. They are comfortable and attractive. There is adequate room so that I don't squash my balls when I sit down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall good shorts, May 12, 2014
The shorts themselves fit well but the pockets area little shallow for my liking. Waist and length fit well. Would buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product quality, as in the pictures, but sank in me, was not as stated in the measures. unfortunately., January 8, 2015

Unionbay Men's Survivor Belted Cargo Short