5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
Published 15 months ago by aliwishes

1.0 out of 5 stars House was broken in 2 days after installation, roommate said I was inviting someone to break into my house.
Two days later after installing the fake cameras someone thew a rock at it, and broke it, so it is now hanging off my house in pieces, and they proceeded to break into my house via a window, and steal my lap top . So I wonder if it was really a deterrent? or was I telling the world I have something of value in my house to steal, and that is why I have a video camera on...
Published 13 months ago by Marc Mingeldorff

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, May 19, 2013
This review is from: UniquExceptional UDC9white Solar Powered Fake Dummy Security Camera (Electronics)
It works good. Feels like a quality product. The on/off button is nice and left it off for a couple of days to charge up the battery. Green light tells you it`s charging. There are real cameras that have blinking lights contrary to popular belief. I have one. You don`t read horror stories about people getting robbed that have fakes. Love the back up battery option. I have several fakes including motion and talking ones. The talking one scared away an intruder B4 I got the others installed. It lasts about 10 days on a 3-4 hr.charge. It`s mounted directly in the sun but have one mounted under a carport and it works perfectly. Zitrades and this model is the only one I recommend. As an added precaution glued the edge of the solar plate as this is a potential week spot but more than worth the purchase. You don`t have to mount it directly in the sun as I have several under the eaves. It has gone thru rain,snow,sleet,hail and the hot summer at 120 degrees.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad..., December 16, 2013
This dummy camera certainly looks realistic and the solar power is good. The LED light is bright enough to be seen flashing even in full sunlight, so at night it's clearly seen as you can imagine. Don't expect this camera to have the same weight and feel of a real security camera, as it does not. It's sort of cheap and somewhat thin plastic, but it is strong enough and it certainly does its job all the same. The only "complaint" that I have is regarding the mounting screws that are supplied. They are junk and strip out very easily. So, if you buy this camera be sure to get some good, stainless steel, screws of the same size and you should be ok.

Mounting this camera is pretty much the same as you would mount a real security camera, so you just have to sort of "think" about it, and set the base and armature accordingly to the area you want people to think you're "watching".

I opted to not put the AA batteries in it because I didn't see the need. The lithium ion batteries that come with the unit seem to be very powerful, and charge extremely well. Even after the LED had flashed all night long, I never saw any diminishment of the power. So, I'd have to say that the LED would be likely be very bright even after several days of cloudy weather. Oh yeah, and the little charging indicator is perfect and lets you know for sure when the solar panel is receiving the ultimate light source for power. This is handy if you're hanging the camera in an area that you're not sure if it will get the right light for charging or not.

I am happy with this camera and I would buy it again. It looks the part, and the LED and solar panel do their job well.

4.0 out of 5 stars UniquExceptional UDC9white Solar Powered Fake Dummy Security Camera, October 23, 2013
Great design idea in incorporating solar charging of the battery and even has a battery compartment for a backup pair of AA batteries ( batteries not included ) in case the rechargeable one fails. The unit looks realistic. The only drawback is the limited ability to angle the camera. The solar cells are sensitive enough to show charging, noted by a green LED, even without direct sunlight, red LED blinks to show camera is functioning so, in all a good value in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars shop savy, August 17, 2013
This is one of the better ideas that I have had in a while. It stops people from stealing my Lions from the end of my drive, which I have had problems in the past. I would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars looks real to me......, August 5, 2013
the red light works on just the solar pannel, has been through some rough weather, and hopefully deters any thoughts of trespass or theft.

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic looking, August 4, 2014
Great quality, they look authentic Easy install

5.0 out of 5 stars True decoy, February 23, 2014
Good quality and it looks as real as the REAL ones!! I use it outdoors to prevent breaking into my convertible and up to now, no problem, considering the neighborhood...

4.0 out of 5 stars There is no substitute for the real thing, but..., January 20, 2014
R Bayless (Lodi, CA USA) - See all my reviews
If you are in a hurry and want to fool the less professional thieves, these will ward off most before they get themselves into trouble and your property. The real deal can easily be added later if you think about the wiring for them when you install these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, January 5, 2014
I ordered three of these "cameras" after my property was vandalized for the third time in 7 years. I don't know how effective their presence will be, since all is well now; however, they look so real! If I were a thug with nothing better to do than destroy mailboxes, yard lights and flower pedestals, I'd think twice before doing it if I saw one of these cameras. My son installed them and was also impressed with the look of them. The only problem was that the screws provided are poor quality and strip easily. Luckily, he had different screws he could use and installation was no problem then. Since these are a new purchase for me, it's hard to rate the performance at this time. So far, they look real, they blink even though there has been limited sun (I did put batteries in for backup), and I can recommend them highly at this point.

4.0 out of 5 stars good enough, August 27, 2013
Jesse J. Logan (Brentwood, Ca, United States) - See all my reviews
should do well for a couple years. don't know about the solar recharge - it did not come with batteries.

UniquExceptional UDC9white Solar Powered Fake Dummy Security Camera