1,047 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover at a good price
Published on February 2, 2011 by Sean Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but...
This case looks atually very nice, however, it snaps into the ipod and if you have a screen protector it will peel it off at the corners rendering it usless. I bought a high quality screen protector and this cheap case screwed it. Thankfully I got 3 other so I can replace the brand new I had installed.

If you do not use screen protectors then it looks really...
Published on June 17, 2011 by Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover at a good price, February 2, 2011
This review is from: Unique Transparent S Shape Protective Case for iPod touch 4G (Solid Black) (Electronics)
I was bit hesitant to order this cover since it only had one review but I admit it was great buy. It's the perfect mix of hard and soft rubber with clear back. It's stylish and looks great. It fits very well on the Ipod touch 4th gen with access ports for headphones, charging/upload jack and camera. The power and volume buttons are covered but are "raised" and allows for easy use. The material is not a lint magnet like some silicone covers and I carry it in my pocket frequently. I would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price + Quality = Happy Customer, December 8, 2011
The price of this case is unbeatable, and that is just it, for under $5 this case will protect your iPod from scratches and screen shattering drops.

The only thing I do not like is the exposed Apple logo area. There is nothing there, just open space for keys or whatever to scratch away at the apple logo. That is the only thing that annoys me about this case but, for this price, I won't complain.

The grip on this case is amazing compared to my old case which was more smooth and was hard plastic. This case has grips on the side and I can feel it when I am holding the device. This just means it will be less likely to slip out of your hands, unless of course you just open your hand when your holding your iPod.

The shipping took a bit long as the package was shipped from Hong Kong, so if your about to buy, I'm giving you a heads up on the shipping time.

Some reviewers are saying that the case is peeling away at the screen protector they had on their iPods but I've had a screen protector on my iPod for as long as I've owned the thing and there is not a problem.

I know this review was a bit long but please leave a comment if you've found this helpful or have questions, I'll try to answer as soon as I can. I just ordered a few more of these for friends by the way, great gifts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Cover For The Money, January 27, 2011
I wanted to get a stylish case for my 4th Generation iPod Touch, but one that would protect it sufficiently from drops and scrapes.
Its made of hard plastic and rubber, and each surface is incorporated effectively into the design.
Once installed, this case looks "hi-tech" and fits very snug on all corners. The only flaw is the small rubber strip that runs across the bottom edge near the charger plug that probably could have been omited. Or conversely, made this section using the hard plastic. Its a minor annoyance that I am willing to overlook due to the good price.
Overall, I am pleased with my purchase and recommend this protective case to my fellow Amazonians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value in an Attractive Case, June 1, 2011
Rich (Tampa Bay) - See all my reviews
This case is exactly what I was looking for, a low priced case that was well designed and looks good. Be aware, this is designed as a one piece unit that protects that covers the back and that you slip your iPod into. It fits like a glove with Sid protection and a rim that comes slightly over the front to hold it in place. Their is no cover for the front, but the ridge should provide some protection from drops.
The back piece contains alternating black silicone in the bottom right corner and up the right hand side (see image), then you have a hard, clear plastic piece that covers much of the middle, with a hole for the Apple logo. Then, the left side and corner(near camera lens is made of a black hard plastic. The hole for the lens itself is rimmed with silicone. The volume controls and sleep button at top are covered to keep protected, but the raised covering is fitted properly and do not interfere with the controls. The cutout for the bottom ports also are interference free.
One final benefit is that both sides have a easy grip surface (not sure exactly how to describe it) that allows for easy handling and decreased slippage.
Try this case if this is the type of design that you are looking for. I am quite pleased with it and I am confident that you will be as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but..., June 17, 2011

If you do not use screen protectors then it looks really good, no question about it, but stay away if you want to protect your screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its #1 rating as Amazon's best-selling cover is well-deserved., December 9, 2011
It's hard to correlate the price (incl. postage) of this cover with its functionality and aesthetics. This is as close as any manufacturer has come to duplicating the outstanding qualities of the Speck CandyShell cover, other than the price (it's 1/15th the cost of a new Speck). The fit is dead on, tight and right--so well designed and executed that the cover is barely distinguishable from the iPod 4g itself.

The Speck offers perhaps marginally more protection--the gummy part is both more extensive and slightly more resilient--but as a result the cover is slightly more conspicuous. The generic "Gummy Cover" is at once sleek, understated, ultra-cool and at the same time functional (it offers adequate protection as well as access to the important controls), stylish, and durable (that is, if the user can resist the temptation to remove the cover from time to time). Whereas the Speck covers up the entire backside of the iPod, this generic cover leaves an ingenious, perfectly placed opening that serves as a frame and a showcase for the famous Apple icon.

The Speck offers raised nodules, or "indicators," above the volume controls and the on/off switch; the Gummy generic cover does the same, though a trifle less conspicuously. In fact, the inexpensive gummy cover will make your iPod seem thinner and more lightweight than it actually is. And even at that, it's slightly less slippery than a Speck Gummy Bear Case because of the thoughtful inclusion of 2 pixillated, grip-friendly areas on both long edges of the case. In short, this cover appears to have been designed and constructed according to the most exacting standards, blowing away virtually all of the competition, regardless of price.

It must be acknowledged, that the Speck and the Gummy generic cover share the same potential weak spot--a thin strip of plastic that runs across the bottom front-side of the iPod. Removing the cover, even a few times, might be sufficient to break that "thin thread" (I know from experience). But as long as Amazon keeps carrying this particular cover and at this price, such an incident is no longer cause for grief and consternation (I've just read a review of a disappointed Speck owner, who plans to try gluing the broken strip. Trust me, it's an effort doomed to failure. Best give up the project as a lost cause and order a couple of these).

Frankly, this is such a good deal it could be enough inducement to pick up an iPod Touch 4g if you don't already have one. (Or, for that matter, if you do.)

[After owning this cover for a month, I can vouch that it out-classes its upscale neighbors iin ways I previously hadn't considered: 1. standing alongside my iPod4 with Speck Gummy Cover, it's significantly (measureably and palpably) lighter and thinner than the trim Speck while sacrificing very little in the way of protection; 2. the design of the cover complements the audio of the Touch4g like no other cover, amplifying the sound and making it sound not simply "louder" than an iPod Touch2g but twice as loud.]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iPod Touch Protector!, May 5, 2011
I read the other reviews before I picked this protector. It does fit the 4th generation iPod Touch perfectly. It was easy to put on and has a good feel to it. It is a sturdy cover and has ribbing on the sides which help to give it a good non-slip grip. It poses no problem when you want to plug it in for recharging, to use headphones or to plug it into a dock. You do have to use a firm touch to use the on/off/sleep button or the volume buttons, but it is nice that those buttons are protected with this cover.
I like it. It would be nice if it came in different colors but I'll keep it like it is for the quality and the value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best case ever!, May 15, 2011
This is the best case I've ever ordered from Amazon at a very cheap price. The quality of this product is amazing! It fits exactly around the iPod touch 4 and does not slip or move. It does not attract lint at all. It gives the iPod an amazing look and feel. You could get TPU cases like this one in stores for about 20 dollars but just plain and ugly. This is cheap, beautiful looking, and just awesome. If you buy this case, you will not regret it. Best quality you could find. This is absolutely replacing my hard case. I even think it looks better than Otterbox cases and it has the same type of hole in the back to show the apple. Unbeatable product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty handy, April 1, 2011
Pretty neat. I dropped my old iPod Touch on the floor so the digitizer broke, so when I replaced it I immediately started looking for protection for the new one. Of all the cases for the iPod Touch, I liked this the most. It looks great, is affordable and I'm sure I would already broken my new iPod without it. It's easy to fit on the iPod and fits very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect protector case for Apple iPod Touch 4, June 24, 2011
I was skeptical in purchasing this case for my ipod touch being that it takes a lot to make me happy when it comes to cases and covers, but was I ever blown away by this case. It's the absolute perfect case for the ipod touch 4. I hate the hard cased because they end up making small scratches on your devices after a while and the silicon ones are to soft and attract to much dust and lint, but this one is beyond perfect. It's soft enough to where it wont scratch your device yet firm enough to stay on perfectly and the material is nice and sleek as to attract no dust, lint or anything else that would normally stick to those flimsy silicon covers. And the look of it is so stylish and modern. I've gotten so many compliments on this case, I purchased another one for my husband, and he loves it even more than I do. If your wondering whether or not to purchase this case, don't! Just get it, you wont be disappointed.