5.0 out of 5 stars Go to sleep fast, wake up without a hangover!
Published on March 12, 2010 by G. King

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work So Well For Me
Published on October 29, 2012 by T. Robert

5.0 out of 5 stars Go to sleep fast, wake up without a hangover!, March 12, 2010
This review is from: Unisom SleepMelt Tablets, Cherry, 24-Count (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
These Sleep Melts melt quickly in your mouth, and within 15-20 minutes you start feeling like you want to go to bed. I feel that I sleep better when taking these and I don't wake up feeling groggy or hungover like when taking Unisom gelcaps or 50mg of diphenhydramine. I decided to try these when I was trying to go to bed early for my early AM shifts and was amazed how quick and how well they worked! They taste decent too, like a cherry candy! And amazon has a great deal where you get two packs for less than you would at the drug store (PS they are hard to find on some shelves so Amazon is the way to go!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best chewable sleeping aid, August 28, 2010
I was glad to see that amazon is carrying these, since I can never seem to find them in the store. I can't swallow pills, and trying to grind up sleeping pills is a big hassle. I've tried a few of the natural sleep aids, and none of them work very well - not lasting through the night and occasionally causing nightmares.
Unisom's sleepmelts are easy to take, work quickly, last all night, give me restful sleep, and don't seem to have too much of a morning after-effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars I agree, these work very well., April 6, 2010
They ARE hard to find, but it's worth it to go to the trouble to find them. They do taste really good, and they do get you in a "ready for sleep" mode.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work So Well For Me, October 29, 2012
I'm sorry to say that, unfortunately, this product didn't work so well for me. I was hopeful after reading some of the reviews here on Amazon, but it took me a long time to finally fall asleep after taking it. When I finally did sleep, I got just a few hours that was choppy and not very restful. I was glad I was able to get some sleep but it was not as much as I had hoped for. When I woke up, I felt somewhat groggy and it also seemed like it made me cranky. The search for an over-the-counter sleep aid that works well for me unfortunately continues...

4.0 out of 5 stars These work!, June 18, 2014
Great for those nights when you find it hard to switch off and struggle to get to sleep as a result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff, December 17, 2013
Classy Lady (NEW YORK, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
If you couldn't sleep before, you will be able to now. These things work. They have helped sleep many times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - but am bummed out!!, October 5, 2012
I have used every sleep-aid know to man, from Lunesta to OTC pills - Unisom Cherry Melts are the best. I bought them, along with some other sleep-aid products trying to find one that actually works for ME! It ended up that the Unisom Cherry melts really did the job.
Amazon HAD them on their subscription plan cheaper than Walmart's price of $6.24/box. HOWEVER I just received an email to day that this is no longer available - only for other sellers - who charge for shipping. None are sold with the Prime shipping. I really like the automatic reordering as it is something I use regularly AND I don't have to go try to find them in the store (all stores do not carry them - even Walmart has a sparse supply).

5.0 out of 5 stars They WORK. Taste awful.... but work GREAT!, September 6, 2012
The Schultz (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I know that the box may say "great cherry flavor" or something along those lines, but don't let it fool you. It is quite the feat getting through the "melting process" of these suckers.

There are crunchy little bits you end up having to nibble on and the bitter taste makes me CRINGE the whole time they're dissolving on my tongue - which takes quite a bit of time - somewhere around 5-10 minutes.

HOWEVER - having said that - everything else I have to say about them is positive! They work. And FAST. More quickly then taking the pill form, even the liquid capsule. More quickly than anything else I have tried (and I have tried everything under the sun). I start to get sleepy before they're even fully dissolved! And I have MAJOR insomnia problems, so that's truly saying something.

They make me feel sleepy. Not drugged-up. I don't get up and start putting weird things in the fridge or hallucinate as if I'd just taken LSD (thanks, ambien) or wake up with a horrible metallic taste in my mouth (ehem, lunesta) - I just wake up and feel as if I slept. It's GREAT! I will actually sleep through the night!

If you can fight through the horrible taste it's so worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful!, December 20, 2011
Mama Robs "Mama Robs" (Muncie, In United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered these because I have trouble sleeping, but I need to take a half dose so I'm not a zombie the next day. I take one of these (dosage is two) and sleep soundly, wake up feeling great! My local store carries them at almost double the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars no morning grogginess!, December 9, 2014
I have been using unisom off and on for years. This is the only sleeping aid that doesn't make me feel groggy the next morning. Take it an hour before you want to be sleeping. Make sure you are laying down and relaxed... You should have no problem drifting off to sleep!