- File Size: 754 KB
- Print Length: 246 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: David Crumm Media, LLC (January 1, 2014)
- Publication Date: January 1, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00FN91A4I
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,126,085 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #492 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics
- #2160 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics & Citizenship
- #5043 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
|Print List Price:||$16.95|
Save $6.96 (41%)
United America: The surprising truth about American values, American identity and the 10 beliefs that a large majority of Americans hold dear Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 246 pages|
"The Black Presidency"
Rated by Vanity Fair as one of our most lucid intellectuals writing on race and politics today, this book is a provocative and lively look into the meaning of America's first black presidency. Learn more
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
This book can inform those in business seeking to understand the greater culture we are a part of, those looking for common ground after the evening news, and those who believe values are at the root of our behavior.
I would strongly recommend that you read this book and join in what Dr. Baker calls the “civil dialogue.” You will not be sorry.
By Duncan Newcomer
This book is a tool and a tool-kit. As a tool it can promote dialogue across political divides because it starts with the blockbusting news from the social sciences that there are ten underlying values that Americans hold dear, values that can hold America together. As a tool-kit it offers a treasure chest (to extend the image) of apt historical background, many little-known intriguing facts, unusual and significant quotes from great Americans and great American documents, uplifting samples of blogger opinions, relevant and pointed questions, (we’re not done yet) fascinating takes on pop culture, heart-warming anecdotes, all under-scored with a broad array of highlights from a variety of contemporary academic writers. That is a full kit.
The book is valuable in the very same way that the ten core American values are valuable—that is to say that regardless of your gender, age, income, race, religion, or politics you can find this book inspiring you to live up to the values you will recognize as your own, and can begin to believe belong to others as well. You may not have thought the people on the other side of your fence shared those values with you, but you can begin to believe it.
If you believe, as many do, that a one-side media and narrow-based politicians have high-jacked our political world you’ll find growing comfort in this book. If you want motivation for greater harmony you will find that also in this book as you read the facts of just how far we all are from living up to the values we share.
This handy little book belongs in lots of college and high school class rooms, in every campaign manager’s brief case, and in thousands of small group discussions. It belongs in Congress.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Outstanding read for every American, young and old! Dr. Baker explains scientifically the ten core beliefs that we share as Americans regardless of our race, sex, religious... Read morePublished 17 months ago by S. Stitt
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics & Citizenship
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Sociology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology