Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on September 13, 2012
First you shouldn't ever lose this tomahawk. Out of the box blade is sharper than expected. Paracord is nice for a little better grip. About ny 20th swing or so the paracord came loose and I had tied it up tighter. Makes a more firm grip. The spike is very nice. It'll tear up just about anything. I've added some pictures cause there was only one to look at. Overall great chopping tool.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment78 of 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2012
The Paracord wrapped handle fits nice in the hand. The handle is light weight. The head is solid. The cutting edge is sharp, and the spike on the back end is great. Of course the Zombie Apocalypse coloration on the handle is just for fun as this particular tomahawk does come with handles of varying sizes. I like that the back end is not edged. The spike is sharp and pointy, but the lack of a blade on the back end allows me to choke up on the hawk, and use the cutting edge for more precise cutting chores. It very much reminds me of a bearded axe which is a good thing. Overall to anyone who is preparing for a zombie apocalypse, likes the novelty of the zombie apocalypse items (my category), or wants a solid tool I would recommend this.

Added bonus, the day glow green handle is not going to be easily mis placed if you are using this hawk while on an excursion into the outdoors.
0Comment44 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2013
I love this thing!... it's neon green and top heavy which means you can throw this at anything and it will stick!... it does need to be sharpened however so keep that in mind!, wrapped in paracord it's a great survival tool to have around!
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2013
Got this as a gift for my husband. He was thrilled with it. It is super sharp and well made.
on October 10, 2014
these are a bit narrow for my liking but they work great. not too heavy, just the right weight. will come in handy in zombie senarios but i use them to cut down branches and split wood. seem to do the job quite nicely. obviously there are much better options out there for the task that I'm doing but I bought this mainly for the color. can't find a neon green axe anywhere! lol. the color stands out so much that I can see it peaking through my wood pile! time to split some log....
on October 19, 2012
I must admit, I am a fan of the zombie wave that has taken so many by storm. I dabble in prepping for the possibility of life changing events that require gathering and storing items that would be necessary to survive.

I've researched every type of tomahawk/axe/hatchet around. I really liked the look and reviews on the SOG and Cold Steel variants. Only after reading numerous reviews, I stumbled upon the M48's from United Cutlery. And then, I found this weapon.

My review is only based on the look and feel of this tomahawk. I just received it yesterday and have not had a chance to see how it would respond to rugged use yet.

The green is what caught my attention. It's definitely something every zombie apocalypse prepper needs! The cord wrapped handle feels great. It's well balanced and feels very durable. The nylon sheath secures the axe head by snaps. There's also a nylon belt loop for transportation.

I've uploaded various pictures. I hope they help show you how good this tomahawk really is.

It's a keeper!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2012
If you don't have one, buy one now. These are magnificent tomahawks. Light in the hand but solid. Wicked sharp and tough. This one is the neon green zombie version, but I have the olive green one too. Great weapons/gear.
0Comment13 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2014
Got this for my son for his birthday and he LOVED it! Has a very "cool" look to it. Not sure what he plans to use it for. So far he has just done some practice throwing (at a stump) with it.
on January 28, 2013
It was a great tomahawk for chopping wood and was light weight. The sheath was pretty cheap, it was actually well balanced for throwing. But after about ten throws the metal broke and the plastic around the screws busted. But if you don't throw it I would give it a ten for practical use.
0Comment40 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2013
I had these Tomahawks for about 3 weeks, during which time I sharpened and practiced throwing about once or twice a week. Loved em' until a friend threw one at a tree and the handle split in half. It is an obvious manufacture defect, it appears an air bubble developed in the handle just below where the head is attached when it was made. The force from throwing snapped it in two, revealing the almost 3" long air pocket inside. I have had no trouble with the other one, but that is perhaps because I have not tested it enough. Still awaiting an RMA from these guys, we'll see if they honor their product warranty or not; but as it sits now I am displeased. I hope to be able to write a retraction once the problem is fixed.