Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 12, 2007
We bought this for our son, who is in 1st grade, when he had to report on a state for school. He loves the book and is enjoying reading all the facts about each state. The pictures keep him interested and the facts are both standard and eclectic so everyone in our family learned something new from this book. It is also simple enough for him to read on his own. I would highly recommend this book for any elementary school student wishing to learn more about the states.
on April 22, 2012
I teach Kindergarten, and wanted a fun way to learn something different AND tie it in with Dr. Seuss. I created a bulletin board/door decoration with the title, "Oh, The Places You'll Go When You Read Across America!". How we did this was to "discover" 2 states in our country every day. This book was awesome! It gave interesting facts about each state. It provided a detailed map of each state, showing land forms and bodies of water. The states were presented in alphabetical order, which was an added bonus. This was one of my best purchases to date!
on December 19, 2009
Bought for my 7 and 4 year old in hopes of teaching them about places we will be traveling. It is okay for my 7 year old but even with that might be slightly too complex. The pages are very busy. It is a good book with lots of details but the pages have more information than I anticipated so that it will be hard to have her focus on the simple details. Still a good educational book.
on December 6, 2011
I was looking for an overview of US States with some basic information. I got some really really limited information from this book. Not what I was really looking for--wanted a little more information... This would be a good book for a young person....lots of illustrations.
on February 26, 2013
We're starting our unit on the 50 states, and I like the layout of this book. It's done alphabetically, with some quick facts about each state. The border around the US map in the front lists the states and their abbreviations, each state page has the common "have to know" facts such as capital and bird/flower/what have you, but they also include some really fun facts. They tell of extinct species, what's unique to each state, ancient dwellers, and other "hmmm...I didn't know that" stuff. I really like having this book for my kids to peruse and use in their studies.
on August 19, 2015
If your child loves resource books like my 7 year old then purchase this book! It's filled with wonderful interesting facts about the different States. I'm a former teacher turned homeschooling mom and wanted a good fun book to help my son learn about basic information about the different states (state bird, flag, etc) This provided all of that! The layout of the book makes it easy to read and provide illustrations alongside the facts, which make it fun to read. It keeps them engaged. It's a book they can keep coming back to because of the layout. It's like a "look and find" type of book. Great basic book and affordable book for young learners. I highly recommend it! It's similar to the Maps book by Aleksandra Mizielinska and Daniel Mizielinski which I also highly recommend. It's more expensive but well worth it. It's also a large sturdy book. with nice pages and similar layout to this book.
on July 27, 2015
love this! each state gets its own page with the normal info of capitals, state birds, flowers, flags and such but also little fun facts regarding the state as well. we have been studying all the states this summer with our 8 year olk. He goes through and picks the flag that he likes the best and then we learn all about that particular state. There are even things that I, as an adult, am learning about the different states too.

Great price for a book packed with fun and informative info
on July 28, 2015
I bought this book to use as a tutor a Mexican woman in English and our culture. I would have preferred it if it weren't so busy looking. Also, I don't think she really cares about state birds and flowers. I was just trying to share a few items to differentiate each state and make it come alive for her. This book will help, but it's not perfect for my needs.
on October 28, 2015
I am homeschooling early elementary grades and we are going over US history and incorporating it with a state study.There are nice colorful illustrations with pertinent state information. Plus there are pictures of US flags!
I think its a nice addition to our homeschool resource library!
on May 12, 2015
A little busy book, but a great book! My 5 year old loves learning about the States and each one hold so much facts to intrigue his mind! He's as busy as the book it. Love the state flags pages and the fun individual state facts!