5.0 out of 5 stars Just a Great Worship CD
Published on June 30, 2006 by Matthew W. Paradise

3.0 out of 5 stars United We Stand....meh
United We Stand...

Hillong United's latest album. My own opinion: the album is very good, has a very good vice but it sounds like a Look To You Pt. 2, I mean, i love Look To You, it's my fav United album, but this new album it's more of the same, it has very good songs like Came To The Rescue, The Time Has Come, Hallelujah but I don't consider it as their best...
Published on May 13, 2006 by Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a Great Worship CD, June 30, 2006
Matthew W. Paradise "nutmegs" (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: United We Stand (Audio CD)
I love this CD. My buddy who went to Australia got me into these guys, and now I'm hooked. I have quite a few Christian CDs, but only a few worship CDs. Probably because I am not a fan of cheesy singalong praise and worship. And that is why I love this CD. It is full of emotion, passion, praise and worship that feels REAL. Lyrics and music are great! There are songs on this CD that make you want to just close your eyes and sing.

So I'll stand

With arms high and heart abandoned

In awe of the One who gave it all

So I'll stand

My soul Lord to You surrendered

All I am is Yours

I love this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Worship! 20 Stars!!!, April 10, 2006
This review is from: United We Stand (Audio CD)
In August of 1983, Brian and Bobbie Houston started Hillsong Church, and within 4 years, it flourished to 900 people. As time progressed, Hillsong's music program became internationally recognized amongst other christian groups. With songs like Shout To The Lord, written by artists such as Darlene Zschech and Geoff Bullock, Hillsong's music has become popular and sung in churches throughout the world. Hillsong has released over 40 albums since.
Through Hillsong's extensive music program, Hillsong United was born in 1999. Now widely known in Australia, Hillsong United sets up a annual conference called Encounterfest where they record their new album in front of a live worshipping audience. So far, Hillsong United has produced 7 albums that have progressively shown a growing maturity not only in their sound, but in their attitude and lyrics. Their new album, prominently called "United We Stand" was described as a "History making night where 4,000 students all gathered together to encounter Jesus Christ."
Sometimes hailed as the U2 of Christian artists, Hillsong United has big shoes to fill, having to follow their recent successful album, "Look to You." In keeping with their productive release schedule, "United We Stand" is the group's customary yearly installment, offering a familiar mix of declarative praise rockers and sweeping, worshipful anthems. Something common in all their albums, is their fast to slow paced rhythm. Things kick off with a bang with the irresistible "Take It All" and "From God Above," two rollicking numbers melodically akin to "Tell the World" and "Look to You." After this, they dive instantly into a slower approach, really catching the heart of worship; one that can be felt when heard. The energy level picks up once again with "Revolution" and "Kingdom Come," and then once again dives back into a more contemporary rhythm for the remainder of the album.
The overall feeling towards christian artists is that because they are christian, their music will automatically be terrible. Although I disagree with that allegation, I believe that every album should be given a fair chance. Hillsong United's message is this, "All over the big old planet we temporarily call home, there is a generation rising up and joining in... living things that declare the praises of God, and are passionate about bringing hope and answers to the lost and broken humanity. It's time for a stand, united in our love for God and our love for all the people, not just in song or intention, but in our action."
Driven by sweet guitar riffs and passionate lyrics, Hillsong United's new album will not disappoint. Whether you're into the christian scene or not, there is something in this album for everyone. BUY IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars You will not be disappointed., June 5, 2006
This review is from: United We Stand (Audio CD)
If I could only have one CD for the rest of my life and I could never listen to anything else as long as I live, I would seriously pick this CD - Hillsong United, United We Stand.

It is AMAZING and the DVD is uplifting. This CD is my favorite Hillsong album so far and if you like to praise and worship God in a real way, you will not be disappointed by this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond 5 stars !!!, May 25, 2007
This review is from: United We Stand (Audio CD)
Wish I could give it a 10+ ... I had this album for over a year and it just sat around and I never really gave it a chance....don't know why but I didn't and then I finally decided to give it a chance and boy was I in for a totally unexpected suprise....once I really listened to it, it did not leave my cd player for 4 months straight. Seriously!! I listened to this CD day and night, on my way to work, at work, at home, working out... wherever I could find a place to just listen and worship. That was why I could not get enough of this CD, it makes you just want to worship and praise Jesus. It is by far the most influential and powerful worship CD I own and I own TONS of Christian albums. I cannot begin to tell you the impact this album has had on my family and friends. I have shared this album with all of my friends and it has had a tremendous impact on them as well. My kids LOVE this album. I would say this, the best songs for me start from tracks 5-10 (From The Inside Out to Fire Fall Down) and 15-17 (The Stand to Hallelujah). These are the passion and root of the album personally. You just get continous and endless praise and worship songs that you can just sing along to, lift your hands and JOYFULLY worship and adore our Creator. This album just makes you want to stop whatever it is you are doing, close your eyes and focus on Him and what He has done for us and how good He is. I have played this cd so much that it is worn out and I have to eventually buy another one. My family and I also saw them at Fellowship Church in Grapevine not too long ago and it was one of the best experiences at a concert in terms of simple worship without alot of unnecessary production. There were no fancy lights or special effects or what have you, it was just simple praise and worship I truly felt Joel Houston's love and passion for Christ and it was a very moving and powerful experience. Truly love this album, love their creativity and most importantly their love for Christ. I not only recommend this album but share it with everyone whom you come in contact with and tell them about this album.IT IS JUST THAT GOOD!!! EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS ABLUM....

5.0 out of 5 stars cant give better, February 7, 2007
Curtis Lyon "curtlyon19" (Carson City, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: United We Stand (Audio CD)
the reviews just before this say it all. I wanted to add that this is made MUCH better when you buy the CD/DVD combination. While the DVD doesnt have all the songs, it gives you a much better look and closer feel to their music. Unlike one review below, I think they are getting better with each release much like their parent church. AND they have a new one coming out in March 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, October 20, 2006
Do youself a favour:

But Chris Tomlin See the Morning, Paul Baloche A Greater Song, The Vine Who May ascend?, Desperation Band Who Are You? and Hillsong United United We Stand and you have the five top albums of 2006. Put them on shuffle and you may think you are in heaven

United come to HK on Nov 15th

John Snelgrove

Hong Kong

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Amazing, May 27, 2006
Chirs Taylor "Juampi" (San Jose, Costa Rica) - See all my reviews
This review is from: United We Stand (Audio CD)
I am a Christian guy from Costa Rica, for all people who says that Christian music is boring, all I can tell you is to listen this CD, I have ALL united and Hillsong live albums and I have authority to say that this is the best album so far, great performing and it takes you straight to the presence of God. Go Hills Go!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Hillsong United yet, February 1, 2007
Jimi Oke (Pennington, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: United We Stand (Audio CD)
From the days of "Best Friend", "More than Life", and "Look to You", United has been really on fire bringing live praise. But "United We Stand" is a totally wonderful worship experience. The bass-driven songs put your feet to dancing, and the slower, worship songs like "Fire Fall Down" usher you into spirit-filled worship. A lot went into the music, and this is a more-refined and better-sounding United.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!!!!!, April 10, 2006
This review is from: United We Stand (Audio CD)
United is an awesome worship band. They have a cutting edge sound! Youth around the world enjoy their edgy rock sound. At their concert in Indiana, people traveled from all over the U.S.- Texas, Minnesota, Michigan...what an awesome message!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, July 10, 2006
This review is from: United We Stand (Audio CD)
I have a friend who is getting ready to go to school at Hillsong. So a few months ago we went and saw their world tour .. I pretty much fell in love with them! I now have every CD and they are an amazing worship band. You will love all of their songs and I always just break out singing them anywhere. I just came home from a Christian Camp called BigStuf and they were even playing Hillsong songs! These guys are becoming pretty well known and I don't blame them. They are awesome!

United We Stand
United We Stand by Hillsong (Audio CD - 2010)
Rate and Discover Movies