Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 24, 2009
This screen protector, although it fits perfectly, does not work with the Garmin Nuvi 1350. According to an authority (my son) here is the likely reason it does not work. The Nuvi 1350 is a "resistive" screen type and therefore requires direct contact between a finger or touch device and the screen. The protector puts a shield that prevents this contact. The other type of screen -- a capacitive screen type -- found on some cell phones and other devices is not affected in this way. We demonstrated this by moving this screen protector to a capacitive display of a cell phone; it worked perfectly. I cannot say whether my observations are relevant for any other Garmin Nuvi device other than the 1350. But, buyer beware.
on December 7, 2009
I just got mine today and finished applying it in 30 seconds.

I have the Garmin GPS 255W. Got it for a great black friday deal from Staples.

Order this from Bargin Cell. Decently fast delivery.

Item works flawless. I'm actually a pro at putting shields on electronics as I have done iphones, macbook pros, ps3, kindles.

More about this item:

1) Fits screen well.

2) It's glossy surface (although I would prefer matte instead because of glare, but it's fine)

3) if you know what your doing, no air bubbles on the first try.

4) when you touch the protector, it does leave finger prints but are easy to wipe off with any microfiber cloth (basically your eye glass cleaning cloth).

5) came with a really small microfiber (useless, get a decent size one from your eye glass dealer) and a small plastic thing for getting rid of air bubbles (which, I found useful for when making sure no bubbles were on at the edge of the protector.

All in all, I would recommend this to anyone. Great product.
on July 1, 2010
This protector was easy to install, but be sure to read the instructions first and follow them correctly. It is also very clear and stays on after applied. I have a Garmin Nuvi 1300 and it does not cause any problems with the touchscreen properties. Overall, a great product.
on November 25, 2011
11/26/11
The Universal 4.3-inch Screen Protector for Garmin Nuvi 1300 I paid $ for is, according to Garmin, unnecessary and will make the unit unusable. I am disappointed that was not mentioned in the product info.
What can Amazon do to prevent this problem from wasting good money on an unusable item?
BRM
on September 9, 2013
I think they over charge for one small sheet of thin plastic. Seriously, if you can get it cheaper, you should, because I can't help but be embarrassed at paying for than 75 cents for a little piece of film. Next time I'll see if I can just rig something up.

It fits, so they must've cut it to the right size. Woo-hoo.

It does what I want, which is to provide a barrier for my GPS.
on May 10, 2015
This is a good thing to put on the GPS. It keeps off scratches, etc. It is relatively easy to install. Be sure everything is clean clean clean. Stay away from any lint items. Be careful, work out bubbles and it should be fine.
on December 1, 2013
Like most screen protectors, a bit tough to apply, but serves the function intended. Applied when new, and haven't had to put on a new one since -- over 4 years. Does decrease touch sensitivity a bit.
on February 8, 2015
I love it, more than the recent one, because I can play music with it, the only poor thing is that it has a small memory and you can not up grad with the recent map with nore visual picture. but I still love it because I can use it just like a tape player at home too.
on June 9, 2010
Others have commented on this and they are correct. I have the garmin 1350T and this didn't work. It wouldn't allow me to make any selections on the GPS. Save the money and go buy yourself an ice cream.
on August 2, 2014
My car has a built-in GPS, but I bought this for a vacation rental car. Purchase cost less than renting their GPS for the two weeks, and I will use it for future rentals. Easy to set up, easy to use. Actually like it better than the built-in my Accord has.