4.0 out of 5 stars A pocket full of fun for the price of a small pizza.
Published 18 months ago by A. Kinard

3.0 out of 5 stars Good communication
Seller was very diligent. He contacted me immediately upon my placing the order and followed up after I had received the product. There was a delay of several days in the package arriving but this was wholely the reult of a meltdown at UPS . The lens fit my Moto X phone with no problem. The macro lens creates nice sharp images. The fish eye does as it is supposed to do (...
Published 8 months ago by doug hutchinson

4.0 out of 5 stars A pocket full of fun for the price of a small pizza., June 15, 2013
This review is from: Universal 3 in 1 Camera Lens Kit for Smart phones (including iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, HTC, Motorola and More), Tablets, iPad, and Laptops includes One Fish Eye Lens / One 2 in 1 Macro Lens and Wide Angle Lens / One Universal Clip / One Microfiber Carrying Bag / with Camkix® Retail Packaging (Red) (Camera)
I've been a professional fashion/advertising photographer and yes, I have the big guns (Canons, of course). But I have to admit that I'm rather amazed at what can be produced by a common iPhone these days. Being used to spending five or more figures on lenses for my professional equipment, I was pretty interested in what capabilities I could gain for my iPhone for basically the price of a small pizza. After exhaustively comparing all the offerings online, I placed my bet on this set by CamKix and I wasn't disappointing. The images were pretty decent - enough to amaze my friends with lesser standards. Well worth the $15 strictly for the added pocket full of fun.

Note. I had one small dissapointment, which was an imperfection on the glass coating where apparently a tiny bubble caused a clear spot. It doesn't perceptively affect the images as the focal length is beyond the glass. No biggee. At these prices, these things are practically disposable. These things would make good stocking stuffers come Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Turns my iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch into awesome cameras., August 15, 2013
Now I don't have to carry my expensive camera to events/travel where it'd be overkill. Wide angle and fisheye work well; the macro is a bit hard to use. You tend to have to get VERY close to what you're shooting to get it to focus. All in all, well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good lenses, no instructions, December 6, 2013
I'm no camera expert, but these lenses seem to work fairly well. I uploaded a few images if anyone needs proof. The wide angle lens consists of the macro lens attached to a second lens. Take off the second lens, and you're left with the macro. I'm not sure that everyone realized this, and that may be why people aren't getting good macro images. No instructions were included, which doesn't help.

Also, my phone is already pretty thick, so the lenses don't really fit if I have a case on. I saw some reviews where people said it worked alright with their phones and cases, though. Just keep in mind that a case may or may not get in the way.

Finally, at least on my phone, I can see a bit of the edges of the lens when I'm using the wide angle. If I'm very careful with centering the lens, they're almost unnoticeable in the corners of the image. I guess this will vary based on your camera and whether or not you have a case. Of course, the image can just be cropped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and well worth the price., October 17, 2013
Peter (Bridgewater, NJ) - See all my reviews
In the summer of 2013 some close friends got married. They had a pretty budget wedding but definitely wanted to get video of the ceremony, since the groom's father is disabled and was unable to get to the church. They asked me to video the day, and get pictures where I could.

Using a videocamera I was able to capture the closeups for the actual vows, but to record the entire ceremony a Wide-Angle lens was necessary for the iPhone 4s used on an adjustable tripod. With a week countdown I purchased this set of lenses and put them through the resting ringer. All the lenses worked perfectly, and the video came out excellent from the big day.

Extra bonus for this model for it not being iPhone or iPad specific. I was able to use them time and time again since on my Galaxy Note 2/3, Nexus 7 and an iPhone 5s. Convenient carrying case was also very helpful in keeping all the pieces together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lens Kit, November 26, 2013
I really wanted a lens kit that can be used with my iphone case. The universal clip makes it possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value and Highly Entertaining, September 8, 2013
This is a slick little kit that I took a chance on just to see what is possible with a smart phone camera. I had just picked up a Galaxy S4 and of course a new phone needs new accessories, right? The fish eye lens alone is well worth the price of admission. It does exactly as advertised. The Macro and Wide angle also do as advertised but neither produce the "wow" factor I was looking for like the fish eye does. Each lens screws (and unscrews) from the clip (which is padded where it makes contact with the phone) and you simply line the accessory lens up using the phone's camera view until the clip body is no longer visible to the phone's camera. This sounds more complicated than it is and usually takes me less than 5 to 10 seconds to get right.

The only negative aspect to the kit is probably unique to my phone and that is simply that the clip interferes with the built-in flash which essentially renders the flash unusable. Certainly not a deal breaker at this price point, but it is a minor annoyance. And like I mentioned earlier, the fish-eye alone makes the whole package a great deal, flash or no flash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Macro Pictures, October 31, 2013
I use the macro lens to determinate diseases on plants as well as to share my hobby with friends by showing pictures.

Its easy to use and works great, the pictures are clear but be aware, they do not have any depth of field at all. You will be able to focus on a flat surface like a coin, but anything in the for or background will be blurry. It's kinda challenging to make sharp pictures of even a spot with this lens. But when you manage to do, the pictures are nice enough to show to friends, but I wouldn't use them as wallpaper for example.

My Tip: Place the phone on a table and connect the apple earplugs. Place the object you want to photograph on a platform, like a matchbox. Then, instead of moving the camera, move the matchbox in front of the lens and use the + button on the earplugs to make the pictures. That way, you don't get shaky pictures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a pleasant purchase!, June 23, 2013
You get money's worth. I don't know about others but for $15, I'm really glad with this purchase. If you're expecting some high end quality lenses for a phone, then look somewhere else. By that, I don't mean to devalue the capabilities of these lenses. These work very well with the iPhone 5, and the great thing about it is that it is a clip-on, so you can use it for majority of the smartphones out right now. I tried it on the HTC One X and seemed to work without any complications. The only problem that I can think of is that when I use it for the front facing camera, there are two circular bands of light that is located at the dead center of the frame so it kind of messes up the pictures. Would bump up the review to five stars if it weren't for this problem. Oh and the carrying pouch is a little too exact for the lenses, I would have preferred a slightly bigger bag for it. But I'm overall satisfied! Also the representatives that I've spoken to are friendly and do what they can to help you out with any questions. So that's a plus too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly good quality for the cost, March 18, 2014
Can't believe how solid these feel, how easy to use, and how effective they are for only $20. Amazing what the macro lens can see! If you're on the fence, buy it. You won't regret it. Check out my customer pics for an idea what these can do for a mediocre smartphone camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful item, December 15, 2013
I had one given to me as a gift. As a "gotta have a camera in my hands" kind of person, this added to the joy of a phone camera. The macro really IS one, and the wide angle rocks. Of note: once the macro is screwed in, you MUST turn the wide angle counterclockwise to set it. A note would have been useful to include. I recently bought one to give as a gift, person was thrilled too!