Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL

Flavor: GrapeSize: 144Change

on October 3, 2007
I know what you're thinking, yes they give you creatine, yes you don't need to use a blender, but how do they taste. Well, I was wondering that too, and I have good news for you.

The smell is like that of those bottle caps candy you used to get on Halloween, and the taste(I got orange) is also similar to the candy. The only difference is in texture, the best way to describe it is eating orange flavored, superfine sand. It is kind of gritty, but thank god I don't have to use my blender to get some creatine. The chewables are about the size of a marshmallow(the small ones), and you are supposed to take 4 of them daily. As for the results, they are typical for this kind of supplement, so basically however your body reacts to the stuff. I'm satisfied though, I would buy these again.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I have been for almost 42 years a 98 lb weakling. Let's get this out of the way. I'm learning what it takes to build a body. I did some research and discovered that in addition to surplus amounts of protein intake, I'd need to have some creatine to my diet.

It's been about 4 months now, with the weight training, dieting and creating and I've notice remarkable results. I'm seeing legitimate definition especially in my chest and my body feels different, better.

Creatine along with a protein-rich diet and consistent training is doing the trick for me.

I highly recommend this product.
VINE VOICEon April 24, 2012
I've had good results using different creatine supplements, but these Universal Creatine Chews are by far my favorite. The grape flavor is like eating candy, so you can pretty much look forward to your daily dose rather than having to choke down a couple capsules or whatever. Very easy to take and easy to carry a couple with you for after your workout.

I've seen some comments about weird side effects, but I've personally never had anything like that happen and kind of doubt its a result of any creatine. If you've done much reading about creatine, you'll know its one of the common, studied supplements - and its already in your body naturally.

Great price too. This is going to be my go-to for the foreseeable future.
on September 5, 2013
These are just ok. They are very hard to chew (you fee like you might break a tooth). If they a bit softer they would be better. Also I prefer the grape flavor over the orange. The flavor is a bit like a chewable Vitamin C tablet. I like that they chose not to use artificial coloring in them.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 9, 2014
Universal Nutrition puts out some good products; this is one of them. You get 144 chewable tablets, which amounts to 36 servings if you follow the jug's directions and take four as a serving. In those four tablets, you get 18 calories and 5 grams of Creatine Monohydrate, plus a few small things.

The jugs these come in is a little big for the size for the actual product; it's 6" tall and 4-1/2" in diameter. The tablets are small, a little bigger than an Altoids mint. They're not gummy or chewy; they're more like an antacid tablet. The taste is fine (I got the orange) but is a little bit chalky. Just drink the water you're supposed to be drinking anyway and you'll be fine. The tablets supply the creatine you want without any adverse effects: no bloating, no jittery feeling, and no upset stomach. After each serving, drink 16 ounces of water. The jug says to take a serving after a workout, but I normally take two tablets before and two tablets after each workout.

There's not a lot more to say about these. Between creatine pills and these chewable creatine tablets, it's becoming easier and easier to taker your creatine without having to chug down a nasty, powdery concoction. The price - $13 for 36 servings - is more than fair for the convenience these provide.
on August 31, 2011
Creatine monohydrate is one of the only workout and exercise supplements that has actually been scientifically proven to help improve your strength and recovery from workouts.

I've been taking creatine monohydrate for several years and one of the biggest problems with most creatine powders is that you have to mix the powder with water and you always end up losing part of the powder as a residue that won't mix and ends up in the bottom of the glass. That's why these creatine chews are a great idea. You just chew four wafers to get your daily creatine boost. With a tasty orange flavor, you'll actually look forward to taking these and all the creatine easily gets into your system.

The creatine chews are such a good idea that I'm surprised no one thought of this sooner. I am definitely going to continue taking this product.
on November 16, 2012
Traveling with creatine powder is a small pain in the butt, so having these "chews" is a better option. The 'chews' is more a reference to how they are consumed versus their consistency. I had soft creatine chews years ago and thought that these would be soft as well, but they are more like flavored ant-acids, and only two flavors to choose from.
on October 31, 2015
No scooping or measuring powder
No worries of grainy powder left behind in shaker bottles
They are flavored (depends on your taste)
If you like the taste, you get to have 4 chews to make 5g
Comes with a giant ball of cotton on top to help keep them dry

Some people complain about them being too hard (however I found them just fine, it all depends on how you chew/grind your food)
Could be too may if you don't like the flavor (I like the grape, the orange is just meh)
The orange tablets are white (if you're picky about them just having to be orange, I'm ok with it either way)
Could be a tad more expensive than getting powder (although the price may change from time to time)

Overall, I love these because I hate pouring water in my protein-creatine shake bottle after I've drunk all the protein but notice how other powders have still all settled to the bottom or the sides of the bottle, so these are magnificent as you know you're getting all your creatine. It's also nice to have a tasty treat like this after working out, at least with the grape flavor, but the orange is ok too. It does take 4 tablets to make 5g of creatine, which will last you 36 days so it does run a bit shorter than most other powders but at least here you know for sure you're consuming all the creatine you need. This will probably be the only creatine I buy from now on as long as they keep making this brand.
on February 14, 2015
For people wondering what these taste like the easiest way to describe them is that they taste exactly like PEZ candy so if you liked PEZ as a kid (or adult) you should be fine with the taste.
on September 30, 2011
These chews are decent tasting, and very convenient. Much easier to pop a few chewables than mix powder. The creatine effect is equivalent to powders I've used.