From the Back Cover
- IBM's definitive, authoritative DB2 for OS/390 and z/OS reference and self-study guide!
- The only comprehensive IBM(r) DB2 UDB V7.1 for OS/390 certification prep guide
- Covers administration, security, SQL, application development, tuning, and much more
- Contains dozens of expert DB2 tips, techniques and guidelines
- CD-ROM contains complete DB2 for OS/390 sample exam
Written by IBM Gold Consultants for DB2 and S/390
- The total resource for every professional running DB2 UDB V7.1 in OS/390 and z/OS environments
- Database administration, security, monitoring, tuning, SQL, and application development
- Sample test questions help you prepare for IBM's new DB2 UDB V7.1 for OS/390 exams
The CD-ROM included with this book contains a complete IBM DB2 for OS/390 certification sample exam.
IBM's DB2 Universal Database Version 7.1 for OS/390 delivers unparalleled performance, scalability, and reliability in today's enterprise e-business environments! Now, there's a complete, authoritative guide to deploying, managing, and developing applications with DB2 UDB V7.1 in both OS/390 and z/OS environmentsand preparing for IBM's updated DB2 UDB V7.1 for OS/390 certification exam!
Direct from IBM, this comprehensive day-to-day reference for running DB2 UDB in OS/390 and z/OS environments is also the only book with the in-depth knowledge professionals need in order to pass IBM's latest DB2 for OS/390DBA certification exam. Full of expert tips, techniques, and guidelines, it covers virtually every aspect of working with DB2 UDB in enterprise server: administration, connectivity, development, and much more.
IBM Gold Consultants Richard Yevich and Susan Lawson present start-to-finish coverage of DB2's latest and most powerful enhancements, tools, and utilities, showing how to make the most of DB2 running on both OS/390 and next-generation z/OS platforms. Coverage includes:
- An overview of the DB2 UDB product family
- DB2 in OS/390 and z/OS environments: address spaces, attachments, interfaces, commands, and utilities
- Comprehensive security coverage, including access controls and auditing techniques
- SQL in depth: DB2 data structures, database objects, basic database design, and advanced coding
- DB2 UDB administration: maintaining data, backup/recovery, and more
- Performance monitoring and optimization: access paths, indexes, parallelism, buffer pool tuning, and subsystem tuning
- Data sharing: architecture and implementation in a Parallel Sysplex environment
- Detailed application development coverage: database extenders, cursors, stored procedures, triggers, object-relational extensions, locking, and concurrency
Whether you're deploying DB2 UDB V7.1 in an OS/390 environment, managing DB2 UDB V7.1, preparing for DB2 UDB V7.1 certification, or all three, DB2 Universal Database Version 7.1 for OS/390 Certification Guide will be your single most valuable resource.
About the Author
RICHARD YEVICH and SUSAN LAWSON are internationally recognized database consultants and principals of YL&A, Inc., an international firm specializing in consulting, performance audits and development of some of the world's largest and most complex databases. They are IBM Gold Consultants for DB2 and S/390. They are co-authors of DB2 Answers! and DB2 High Performance Design and Tuning. Both are award-winning speakers and are active authors in many trade journals.