Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on May 2, 2011
3 of these arrived today and they are a nice quality product. From importer520.

The straps are 1.5 inches wide and 14 inches LONG when measured flat (end to end). This is a stretchy 'hook and loop' design. the 14" will stretch to about twice it's relaxed length (appx 24"). Remember 14" is the flat length not circumference. You need about an inch to fold back in itself for the 'hook'.

the majority of the strap is the stretchy (soft) loop material and on the same side as the loop is a 1 inch patch of hook at the end.

One end terminated in a heavy black plastic buckle and the other end adjacent to the hook is in simulated (I assume) black padded leather. Every thing is black.
The entire length, with the exception of the very end is stretchable soft loop material. Soft enough to not scratch bare skin.

I can see all kinds of uses for a wide elastic strap to secure objects.

As I said a quality product that didn't requiring and burning of 'fly away threads' like most imports.

You could use it in an unconventional way by folding the hook end back on itself and make a belt loop of any width and have the buckle dangling at the end for other things...

I like it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2011
Okay, I know that this is supposed to be an 'armband', however, I use it for a different reason. I use it on my ankle as a way to hold my boot straps in place when I'm riding my motorcycle. I don't have good riding boots that zip up along the side to conceal the shoe strings, so I use some desert boots that I was issued when I was in the military. Anyway, I lace up my boots, tie the knot, and then put these over the knot. Work great so far, won't come off. Great deal for the price with whatever application you can think of. It fits around my ankle just fine - snug with plenty of slack left to spare. So, if any of you skinny people (no offense, I'm pretty skinny myself) are concerned it might be too big for your upper arm, consider that it fits my ankle. Can't get much smaller than that. The only thing that I would change about this product is the amount of velcro it has on it. I mean the strap only has a thin strip to hold it in place, which might not make it as secure. But, for the price, you can probably by some more velcro and stitch it on. I don't know. Might be too much hassle, but it's a thought. Thanks for reading my review.
on April 27, 2013
The band is too wide (1 1/2") to fit inside the end ridges of my Sansa Clip Zip 4GB 8GB MP3 Player. That means it doesn't securely fasten and the Sansa needs frequent adjusting. The right size would be about 1 1/4" wide. For the price paid it's not worth shipping back to exchange.
on February 19, 2014
This does not fit the Sansa Clip+. This arm band is 1 1/2" wide. In order to fit the clip(perfectly), it needs to be 1 1/4" or 1 3/16" wide. Sure, the Velcro band is flexible, but in this case, IMO, you are taking a risk of your mp3 not being secure & will twist, if not fall off, especially if you are exercising. Unfortunately, my suggestion is to buy an arm band holder(case). Many options out there from neoprene to canvas. To my knowledge, you will not find the perfect Sansa case like Apple products have. Fortunately, I still have my old Velcro arm band that's 1 3/16" wide from my old Sansa Fuse that is a perfect and more secure fit w/ my new Clip+. Keep in mind that w/ the Clip+, you are merely clipping to the band so this is not "bomb proof" like the old Fuzes were w/ their silicone cover. W/ the Clip+, there is a chance that your mp3 player will fall off the arm band or any place that you CLIP to and there is no way around this - a good reason to invest in a silicone cover to protect your mp3 player when it drops. Sure, the Clip+ can be clipped anywhere, including your waist, but I strongly prefer my mp3 player on my arm where it's up close, so that I can more easily operate & see my mp3 quickly. Note, that with all of the arm mp3 cases I have found, none of them allow you to operate(adjust) or even see your mp3 player without first removing it from the case. Because of this, a simple Velcro band is preferable. I bike ride on a trail and have occasional road crossings where I need to press pause, so a mp3 case will be a pain for me....

Also, I do not expect the clip(the clip it's self) to last that long...It looks like the clip will break before the player does. W/ that in mind, I also bought a canvas type arm holder. Hopefully this little Sansa clip+ will last as long as my Fuze has. My Fuze still works btw...

Note, I have looked all over the internet for a 1 3/16" or a 1 1/4" Velcro armband and it doesn't seem to exist anymore. My old Velcro arm band came as part of a Sansa Fuze accessory bundle.

Indecently, it took quite a while to receive this from the seller. The first one never showed(no tracking...) and when I finally did receive the second one (at a higher price) it ends up not working for my new Sansa...My advice to Sansa Clip+ owners is to not buy this.
on July 8, 2012
In and of itself the product works as advertised, but it is simply too small. Unfortunately, the specifications did not indicate the size of the armband. I am no bodybuilder by any means, nor are my arms uber-flabby, but I really think this is more of a child-sized item.

Even if I have the velcro pads overlapped just slightly, it acts as a slight tourniquet and my arm is turning purple by the end of my jog or workout.

If you have really skinny biceps then this product is probably fine for you, but if you have any meat on your bones then I would recommend taking a measurement first and find a similar item that indicates what circumference of arm it will fit.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2012
I lost the band for my ipod case and needed a replacement. This one is cheap and does the job. It's adjustable, stays on your arm, and keeps the ipod there. Just to be clear, this is only the band so if your case doesn't have a clip already attached or slots to slide a band through, this is probably not what you're looking for. Otherwise it serves as a great replacement band.
on October 27, 2010
It does it's job, and for the price it's a no brainer. The original band was so tight, 10 minutes in my arm was numb. It felt like I was wearing a tourniquet to work out with. I'm happy with the extension band for my tune belt iPod holder/case.
on August 30, 2010
The armband works great with my iPod case. It's made from comfortable elastic material so that the Velcro stays on nicely and pulls off easily. Also the material ensures that the Velcro will not wear out so quickly. I highly recommend it and the seller ships promptly too.
on July 19, 2010
on April 22, 2011
I bought this armband for my cellphone but it has become a dual purpose armband, at work I use it to carry a radio and the rest of the time I use it for my cellphone, I found out that it works best on a long sleeved shirt as on a shortsleeve it has a habit of sliding off of the bottom of the sleeve because it is shorter than the top part. You have to keep it fairly tight around your arm as it has a habit of sliding down your arm if it is to loose it also will slide sideways around your arm, and if you keep it tight enough it will minimize it from moving around. I ALWAYS HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY CELLPHONE SLIPPING OFF OF MY BELT AND THEN LOSING IT and if I PUT IT IN MY PANTS POCKET IT WOULD CRACK THE LENS. With this armband and a good holster I feel much safer with my cellphone. If you can get used to it sliding around some it is a pretty good deal. so far i like it and I don't think I will go back to wearing my cellphone on my belt and as my radio at work is much heavier than my cellphone and works very well for it as long as the armband is tight enough.