5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas gift from a photo buddy
Published on January 2, 2012 by PEG

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy plastic material for a coffee cup mug.
Published 7 months ago by liberator son

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas gift from a photo buddy, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Universal Nikon Lens 70-200mm f/2.8G Thermos Coffee Cup Mug (Electronics)
I knew nothing about these Nikon thermos coffee cup mugs until I received one as a gift. Because the official looking lens box looked used I thought my friend had probably gone on Craig's list or E-Bay and bought a used lens for me. The lens seemed lighter than it should and I already had a 70-200 mm lens so was wishing he had asked me if I needed that size before he bought me one. What a great surprise when we finally got the sunshade off and opened the top. I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be showing it off to other photography friends.

PEG

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, but check box first, September 21, 2012
I got this item as a gift for a photography enthusiast and she LOVES it. It is a full-sized thermos with excellent little details.

The shipping box was carefully packed and arrived intact. The item packaging however was old, dented, and dirty; a tiny detail piece of the lens had come off at some point in storage or shipping. It glued back on easily but I would have liked the item to be better cared for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a real lens., September 22, 2012
E. Lan "EL" (Sugar Land, TX USA) - See all my reviews
It looks like a real lens. I like it has "Nikon" on it. The gold plate even shows "Made In Japan". The lens hood can mount reversed just like real lens.

It only holds 12 oz or less. I realy hope it can hold more than 16 oz at least...

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost exactly!, August 28, 2011
It looks just exactly like the real one.

I bought it for my father who owns a real 70-200 lens and he liked it too much! Now he is making jokes to his photographer friends.

If the price falls below, I would buy more!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, December 27, 2012
I bought this mug from OBD-HotSales and it arrived cracked but Customer service was AMAZING they where great they called me right after i sent them an email. It took longer for me to get to my phone than for them to contact me! Vernon (the Customer Service Rep) was very understanding and cooperative. The product is great I love the quality and detail on it I couldn't have asked for more from the product. I would recommend it to any photographer amateur or professional its real eye catching. I would also recommend it to anyone who just wants something functional yet peculiar that separates them from the rest.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy plastic material for a coffee cup mug., November 30, 2013
liberator son (California, USA) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a gift for myself. A great replica of my 70-200mm VR lens. I gave 2 stars on this item because the slider buttons on the side of the lens is not movable and the plastic is so flimsy that the Gold band on top of the lens broke when it was dish washed. The hood on this lens does not hold tightly that it falls off if you are not careful with it. Together with this I bought a 70-200 canon replica and the sliders on that one can be adjusted and the material of that one is a way better make than this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars It fooled my Husband, July 6, 2013
My husband is a big Nikon fan, that's why I ordered the coffee cup mug. I didn't tell him that I had ordered the mug and when I received it I gave it to him and told him it was a gift. He opened the package and thought that it was a real lens, that how real it looks. He told me I shouldn't have spent that much money even though he loved the lens. I told him to look closer and twist the top. When he found that it was a coffee cup mug he was so surprised that he couldn't believe it. He has told everyone about the lens and how I fooled him. That is why I gave it a five star rating because it looks so real and it is very hard to fool my husband. He uses it every day.

1.0 out of 5 stars never used it, July 3, 2013
used if once and never again. the edges are sharp, the hood and lens cover are separate so its a hassle to take them on and off when all you need is drink your coffee. the base is not very stable either. and the plasticky smell does not go away!

5.0 out of 5 stars love!, June 5, 2014
I loved the idea and the product works well! I bought it for a girlfriend of my who is into photography and she loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars fun gift, March 26, 2014
This was sent to a friend who is an ardent photographer as a surprise gift. We found out exactly which kind of lens he had and bought the same type for him in a mug. He was so excited to receive it.

Rate and Discover Movies