5.0 out of 5 stars A convenience
I know what you're thinking, yes they give you creatine, yes you don't need to use a blender, but how do they taste. Well, I was wondering that too, and I have good news for you.

Published on October 3, 2007 by Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, could be a bit softer
These are just ok. They are very hard to chew (you fee like you might break a tooth). If they a bit softer they would be better. Also I prefer the grape flavor over the orange. The flavor is a bit like a chewable Vitamin C tablet. I like that they chose not to use artificial coloring in them.
Published 16 months ago by David Nelson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A convenience, October 3, 2007

The smell is like that of those bottle caps candy you used to get on Halloween, and the taste(I got orange) is also similar to the candy. The only difference is in texture, the best way to describe it is eating orange flavored, superfine sand. It is kind of gritty, but thank god I don't have to use my blender to get some creatine. The chewables are about the size of a marshmallow(the small ones), and you are supposed to take 4 of them daily. As for the results, they are typical for this kind of supplement, so basically however your body reacts to the stuff. I'm satisfied though, I would buy these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Creatine a good body" A critical review., June 14, 2007
This review is from: Universal Nutrition Creatine Chews, Grape Flavor, 144-Count (Health and Beauty)
I have been for almost 42 years a 98 lb weakling. Let's get this out of the way. I'm learning what it takes to build a body. I did some research and discovered that in addition to surplus amounts of protein intake, I'd need to have some creatine to my diet.

It's been about 4 months now, with the weight training, dieting and creating and I've notice remarkable results. I'm seeing legitimate definition especially in my chest and my body feels different, better.

Creatine along with a protein-rich diet and consistent training is doing the trick for me.

I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are awesome, April 24, 2012
I've had good results using different creatine supplements, but these Universal Creatine Chews are by far my favorite. The grape flavor is like eating candy, so you can pretty much look forward to your daily dose rather than having to choke down a couple capsules or whatever. Very easy to take and easy to carry a couple with you for after your workout.

I've seen some comments about weird side effects, but I've personally never had anything like that happen and kind of doubt its a result of any creatine. If you've done much reading about creatine, you'll know its one of the common, studied supplements - and its already in your body naturally.

Great price too. This is going to be my go-to for the foreseeable future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, Effective, November 9, 2014
JNieporte (Ohio, United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Universal Nutrition puts out some good products; this is one of them. You get 144 chewable tablets, which amounts to 36 servings if you follow the jug's directions and take four as a serving. In those four tablets, you get 18 calories and 5 grams of Creatine Monohydrate, plus a few small things.

The jugs these come in is a little big for the size for the actual product; it's 6" tall and 4-1/2" in diameter. The tablets are small, a little bigger than an Altoids mint. They're not gummy or chewy; they're more like an antacid tablet. The taste is fine (I got the orange) but is a little bit chalky. Just drink the water you're supposed to be drinking anyway and you'll be fine. The tablets supply the creatine you want without any adverse effects: no bloating, no jittery feeling, and no upset stomach. After each serving, drink 16 ounces of water. The jug says to take a serving after a workout, but I normally take two tablets before and two tablets after each workout.

There's not a lot more to say about these. Between creatine pills and these chewable creatine tablets, it's becoming easier and easier to taker your creatine without having to chug down a nasty, powdery concoction. The price - $13 for 36 servings - is more than fair for the convenience these provide.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you travel and try to stay fit this is a great product, November 16, 2012
R. Guerette (Sandown, NH USA) - See all my reviews
Traveling with creatine powder is a small pain in the butt, so having these "chews" is a better option. The 'chews' is more a reference to how they are consumed versus their consistency. I had soft creatine chews years ago and thought that these would be soft as well, but they are more like flavored ant-acids, and only two flavors to choose from.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, could be a bit softer, September 5, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient Creatine, September 30, 2011
These chews are decent tasting, and very convenient. Much easier to pop a few chewables than mix powder. The creatine effect is equivalent to powders I've used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, great product!, August 31, 2011
Creatine monohydrate is one of the only workout and exercise supplements that has actually been scientifically proven to help improve your strength and recovery from workouts.

I've been taking creatine monohydrate for several years and one of the biggest problems with most creatine powders is that you have to mix the powder with water and you always end up losing part of the powder as a residue that won't mix and ends up in the bottom of the glass. That's why these creatine chews are a great idea. You just chew four wafers to get your daily creatine boost. With a tasty orange flavor, you'll actually look forward to taking these and all the creatine easily gets into your system.

The creatine chews are such a good idea that I'm surprised no one thought of this sooner. I am definitely going to continue taking this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars works for me, July 27, 2010
I took creatine powder for years, and always thought it helped me gain size and strength. I stopped taking it for a couple of years - thought it didn't matter anymore - then when I decided to take creatine again I bought this, because I liked the convenience of the tablets (easy to carry four of them in a little pill container that attaches to your keyring). Going back on creatine confirmed that this worked for me. I got back the size and strength I had lost when I stopped doing it. You need to couple this with hard work in the gym, and if you do I would say it could help you gain maybe 15% more in size and strength. It will definitely not change your body like steroids can, but does fill out your muscles and make you look better. I like the idea of taking your creatine in small doses spread throughout the day like this product - I think it might have something to do with it's effectiveness.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works for Me, November 29, 2014
It works for me. Read the studies. Maybe 10% of people don't get benefit, but for most people it helps with recovery. And, based on research over the last 20 years, all the fears of liver and kidney problems that kept me from using it years ago seem to be unfounded.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›