Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on November 13, 2013
After researching for wireless keyboard/cases for my tablet, I couldn't find one that had good reviews AND was the appropriate size. So I took a gamble with this product and I'm glad I did.

This case is capable of holding tablets between 7"-8" yet the Dell Venue 8 Pro is 8.5" Most cases carry tablets between 7"-8" and 9"-10" so this a big problem.

HOWEVER, this DOES fit my Dell tablet but it's a VERY TIGHT fit. This doesn't damage the tablet or interfere with the functions other than the Windows 8 button on the side that you'll rarely use. This case fits perfectly with my tablet that perfectly aligns with edges of the case (meaning it doesn't stick out) since the case itself is 9".

I love the bluetooth keyboard because it's so much easier to use over the touch screen keyboard. Although, typing does takes some time getting used to because of the small keys. Another thing is that it doesn't have a place to store your stylus BUT there is space between the keyboard and the tablet that you can fit a stylus there and don't have to worry about it falling out when the case is closed. I can fit my Dell active stylus there which is a little bigger than a pen and it has plenty of room.

After playing with it, I soon discovered (or didn't read the details) that the keyboard is detachable from the case! That blew my mind! It's held by magnets which snaps correctly into place.

Overview, this case works well the tablet and charges pretty fast. The typing shifts your normal typing position over to the right a bit making you turn the keyboard in an angle in order to type. Other than that, this is a great case!

Remember, the Dell Venue 8 Pro is 8.5 inches, so this version case (7in-8in) CAN hold this tablet but you have to stretch the elastic corners to the max. I was worried that I would break the elastic but there's enough leeway to stretch it so that it can hold the Dell tablet in a snug fit. The case closes with ease with the stylus and keyboard making this purchase an excellent choice. BEFORE I was about to buy this, I was looking at the bigger version of this case (9"-10"). I took a gamble and assumed that the bigger version wouldn't hold my tablet properly since it is capable of holding an ipad. Therefore this case (7"-8") should be more a choice.

And I was right. This case fits perfectly.

Just note that you will stretch the elastic to hold the tablet. Don't be afraid to do so, this won't damage your tablet and it hasn't left any marks ever since I've been using this. It will cover the Dell Windows button (which you won't use because it was oddly placed to begin with) and it won't press down on the button either. You can still press the button but usually you will forget that there's even a button there. Please face the buttons OUTWARD when placing this tablet in. Meaning the buttons like the volume and power button should be facing out and not near the keyboard. Note: I do have a screen protector.

*I typed this with the keyboard and tablet*
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2013
Purchased this case to go with my new Quantum G-Tab 10" G-Tab Quantum Android 4.2 HD+ IPS Quad Core Tablet PC (10.1-Inch IPS, WiFi). Out of the box it looks like a high quality leather cover. The fit for this particular tablet is PERFECT!!!!! The Bluetooth keyboard was found and connected easily to my G-Tab. Initially I was concerned that when I wasn't using the Tablet, it seemed as though it lost its connection to the keyboard but me being new to tablets, I soon found that as soon as I needed the keyboard, it was there and available. Back flap works well as a stand. The only negative in my mind (which is very minor) is that the latching strap when closed would work better if it were magnetic. Not sure that's really a negative it's just a design preference.
All in all, A great deal on a high quality, very nice looking leather case.
I would Definitely buy again
I would recommend to my friends (already have)
on December 5, 2013
Pros: Overall, this leather case has a great design, is light, and is flexible. The keyboard is removable, the fake leather feels nice, and the tablet hold feels pretty sturdy.

Cons: After 2 weeks of light use, the "=" key fell off. This is TWO weeks of light use. I wonder how many more weeks I get before all the keys fall out. A product should be more sturdy than this.
on November 11, 2013
This is perfect as a key board and for watching movies. It's a good quality made case with the look and feel of something double the price. I bought it to use with my 10" G-Tab Quantum Android and it's perfect fit. Computer stuff usually gives me fit's because I'm so awful with it, had I known how easy it would be to set up...I would have purchased one a lot sooner. It was so simple I did it in a couple of minutes! I'm very happy with this purchase and highly recommend it!

I had to return the G-Tab and went with the Kindle 8.9 I was going to send the key board back but thought I would try it on the Kindle. It works for the 8.9 but it's very loose and will fall out rather easily. I took a rubber band and stretched it behind the Kindle to pick up the slack and it works fine, It's not noticeable. I liked the key board so much I decided to keep it...rubber band and all!
on November 27, 2013
I bought this based on the one reviewer who purchased this for the Dell Venue 8 Pro. It fits this well and the keyboard connects quickly without issue. There is a bit of lag on the keyboard but it could just be me getting used to typing on something this small. The tablet fits this well, the other reviewer indicated need to stretch the hooks a bit and that is true but it has enough stretch to accomidate the Dell Venue without issues.

The other item is the mention of one of the hooks covering the start button on the Venue 8, this is true but it still works for me. As the other reviewer indicated using the start button isn't really needed. I just swipe left from the edge and get to the start screen that way (works better than the button and seems more natural anyway).

The case is nice, a bit bulky I think but given that the Venue is a new product I am sure that there will be some new cases out soon for it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2013
I am so happy with how quickly this item shipped to me! Not only did it get here fast, but it looks like something I would have paid $50 or $60 bucks on! The keyboard buttons all work smoothly and it's pretty much turned my plain tablet into a laptop now. I would recomend this to anyone with a tablet who wants a keyboard or even just a case. (The keyboard is removeable too). Love love love this product!
on September 23, 2013
The product was 100% as described. In great working condition, readable directions made connecting very easy.
I would recommend this buyer to anyone and every one. I fell like I got a great buy.
on August 27, 2013
Thanks for the quick shipping. We just received this late yesterday. So far it works great! I use it to keep a log during our camping trips. For me it is easier than typing on the screen. The only thing missing is a loop for a stylus. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a separate keyboard and a nice case for their tablet.
on January 3, 2014
I wish I could give this 3.5 stars. For the money, it's definitely a fairly decent product. Not great, but not awful. Here's why I say this:

1. Keyboard: While it takes a little while to get used to because of the small keys, that's to be expected. And you do get used to it. It's a sturdy keyboard

2. Case: Decent. It's sturdy, but there's no hole for the camera and the "stand" that let's it stay upright can't really be adjusted much. Also, the case only barely fits a 10 inch tablet.

3. Manual: This is my biggest complaint. The manual is very small, clearly not written by an English speaker, and not at all helpful. I am pretty good with computers and electronics, so I eventually figured things out, but I'd feel bad for someone who is more of a "novice"; I pretty much had to figure out how to connect the keyboard to my tablet or how to charge the tablet.
on June 30, 2014
This item broke after a week. One clip broke...Then a second, and then a third clip broke, making the case completely useless except the keyboard. I was super careful with it too. Not happy. :(