4.0 out of 5 stars Good mounts for cheap
Published on July 7, 2009 by NoNoBadCat

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money
Published on January 27, 2011 by steve

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mounts for cheap, July 7, 2009
This review is from: Universal 4 Black Satellite Speaker Brackets / Mounts for Walls and Ceilings 1VE (Electronics)
These speaker mounts work great with the speakers for a Sony STR-KS2300 (relatively small speakers). My speakers use a factory keyhole mount on the back (the kind that slip on top of a screw). I tried my speakers in both ceiling mounted and wall mounted configurations the mounts worked just fine. The mounts come with the hardware to mount into wood studs, concrete, and drywall.

Impressions: These speaker mounts were easy to mount and adjust to point speakers toward an optimum listening area. I've only compared these mounts to the brand held in stock by the local Best Buy (Init). Indeed, Best Buy's Init speaker mounts felt more sturdy (thicker, more solid plastic, and ratchet-like adjustment); however, Best Buys's mounts are also almost 4x the price. If you have heavy speakers, I would be careful with these mounts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Mounts bad Hardware, December 6, 2007
The mounts are great, actually one of the better pairs i have bought.
Pros: Holding quility and design are great
Cons: Crappy hardware, i replaced every screw in the mounts. and then i had to replace the wall brackets b/c they were very cheap. cost about an extra $12 for 4 of them, well work the $12 to not have to deal with screws that strip to easy.
With the new hardware they look and work great and there are alot of different configurations you can use to make them fit most anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value!, July 26, 2009
No long-winded writeup here. These mounts are sturdy, easy to set up and worked perfectly on my Yamaha 5.1 setup. I've had these for over a year now with no problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Value of All Speaker Mounts on Amazon, June 21, 2012
I am not certain what some of the other reviewers received, but I will gladly describe the mounts I received when I ordered these at nearly $9 about 6 months ago. I am a professional Home Theater/Stereo Installer. I have been in the business for over 30 years. Most of the mounts I have seen, ordered, used and replaced are a complete joke. The alternative is that they are functional, but at a price that no one should ever pay. Kind of like sunglasses that cost $2.00 to make and then are sold for $300.00.

Now to the specifics. I have used these mounts for speakers weighing 10lbs. or less. The number of options available is no less than 10 for each mount. That is, the screws provided, the plastic segments are removable or not depending upon your set up. The quality of the metal in every screw I have seen is just below a high quality stainless steel. The threads are precise and the gauge is exact. I was slightly confused when I received my first set, but upon examination of the screws, metal inserts for threading the screws and the plastic segments and cover caps I was very impressed with the variety of installation options. I never had to head to the hardware store for any parts not provided and none of the speakers I have mounted has ever moved, fallen or been damaged in any way. The same cannot be said for mounts priced at $50 or above. Again, this is my experience. The instructions were written by an illiterate and confused person - but if you carefully analyze all of the many parts supplied with these mounts, you will find that the mounts offer incredible versatility for almost every situation. I believe the only reason that you cannot mount heavier speakers on these mounts is the male to female connection of the proximal (nearest the wall) plug into the base wall mount. It is simply a slip fit mounting that is not long enough to provide support beyond the 10lb limit. This fitting is then secured by a Allen bolt which screws through the female extension of the wall plate into the male extension of the arm extending from the speaker mount.

The sets I have received all had metal threaded receivers built into the plastic to allow threading of the bolts into a very secure and difficult to strip connection. Segments of the plastic arms are removable or rotatable for proper distance from the walls and precise aiming of the speaker satellite units. The plastic mounts and arms are paintable, but require some abrasion to increase adherence of the paint. You cannot go wrong with these units, although it may take you a little time to understand all of the possible configurations and which screws/bolts to use. For 10# and under these are by far my first choice. Feel free to ask me a question if you are having difficulty.

If the male/female slip fit at the wall mount were longer (size does matter) I would have given this 5 stars. As I see it, this is the only minor flaw in an otherwise elegant and reliable satellite speaker mounting system.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, January 27, 2011
steve (North miami, Florida, United States) - See all my reviews
I do not normally write reviews but had to with these speaker mounts. If you turn the screw more than a 1/2 turn more than snug they strip out, which can cause the plastic mount parts to seperate making your speakers crash to the floor. Secondly, they cannot handle any more than a 5 pound speaker since the knuckle joint is not ribbed, causing you to once again tighten the screws down so they do not rotate out of position, but if you do that, they strip out. This is cheap Chinese product. Save your time and money. I am going to order something better and send this crap back once I get my stereo hooked up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it if you need it, September 22, 2013
Love them. A must have for any audio lover. Works great for my small sony speakers and are very easy to install.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly easy to install, but some screws not tight enough., August 6, 2013
My surround (Polk audio) speakers are comparatively heavy - probably about a couple pounds. The brackets themselves allow for different mounting angles and comes with extra pieces for extending etc. However, on a couple of them, the screws to lock the angles in appear to be not as tight / strong as I would like, and they fall over a bit. I am fearful of tightening them too tight based on other reviews, so that I don't strip the threads. The mounting posts worked for me - as the back of the speakers has 1/4" (I think) threaded holes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mounts, May 4, 2013
I have had these for my Polk speakers and I have never had an issue with them coming loose or moving.

3.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, February 20, 2013
Don McVicker (Gridley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
For the price, they are fine. They were definitely lighter than I expected. The included instructions were minimal with the usual diagram that was poorly labeled. All in all, an okay item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the price if speakers are light, February 3, 2013
craig chambers (Mansfield, MA, US) - See all my reviews
Used these to mount small Sony satellite speakers. You can move the speaker after they're tightened, but if you leave them alone after mounting they work fine. Good value for the price. Spend more if you're looking for something to install in a high-end home theater room. For our basement system they're perfect.

Rate and Discover Movies