Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 20, 2014
I purchased these smoke detectors in mid-January, after realizing that over half of the ones in my house were no longer functioning. When I first received them, one out of the three wasn't working, but I assumed it was an issue with the battery that was included and set it aside. This morning, at 3 am mind you, a second detector started chirping. Again, I assumed it was just the crappy batteries that came with it, and replaced it with a brand new one. Well, that didn't help. Brand new battery didn't help the first one, either. So, after 3 months, two out of three are headed to the trash (too late for a refund). So mad!
on July 7, 2013
Most homes need 6 alarms or more so we purchased 2 packs. The price was right, the quality outstanding, and the product shipped on time. Completely satisfied with this transaction. You do need to replce the batteries before installation, as they just don't work with them.
on July 26, 2013
Very basic, but that's ok for the price. Needed something to satisfy a building permit for my county. The alarms have to be removed to change the battery. The first two units started with the "low battery" chirping within a couple of minutes. Replaced all three with Rayovac alkalines, and the units were all ok. I tested the supplied batteries and they all were in the acceptable range. Strange...
on May 14, 2014
I bought a bunch of Kidd detectors from Lowes and wanted a few extra to cover the corners I missed with those. A few nights later made the stupid mistake of trying to broil a steak in the oven that I marinated. Burned to high hell and fill my entire house with smoke. Every kidd detector went off even if they were rooms away from the smoke. Took one them down and shoved it in a boot while I cleared the smoke out. It still went off in the boot as well many times. All three of the US smoke detectors (that were much closer to the kitchen than the Kidd units) didn't do a thing.

Unless you're trying to fool someone during a fire safety check (and risk every person that sets foot in that building) these things are a horrible disgrace and will likely get someone killed some day, if they haven't already.
on May 13, 2013
They do what they are made to do-- must replace the cheap batteries that come with it however. installed in the morning & that night all 3 were beeping for the battery.
on November 24, 2014
I have never had trouble with smoke detectors before, but these are awful. The batteries are plastic- wrapped and almost impossible to install. and no instructions for installon were given. There was a feeling of fragility in the wiring and the plastic hood over the wires. . The things will beep while one is trying to force the batteries into the weak plastic holder, but when it comes to testing the unit, it refuses to beep then. . I can't trust them to work, so why use them. They are worse than nothing...if somebody hears the beep at battery installation, he might think that the thing is working, but, if it is, why won't the test button perform properly. I am afraid to use these because I can't trust them, and with smoke detectors, trust is EVERYTHING.
on July 24, 2013
I was surprised how loud these were. We just happened to test the old alarms and they were so quiet there was no way you would hear them go off before getting burnt alive.

Easy to mount. Seems to have a good lifespan according to the replacement recommendations.
on November 25, 2013
These things are cheap and they get the job done. They come with little tiny screws and no anchors. If you are installing in drywall or plaster, you'll want to have some anchors on hand. Perhaps you'll want some standard sized screws as well. Since the screws are so short there won't be many situations when a customer should be putting the screws directly into the wall...
on February 12, 2014
In a case of you get what you pay for, I received these and immediately placed the battery in and while the alarm is ear piercingly loud - the thing would go off randomly when you connect it to the base it and kept going off until I pulled the battery out.

Am I doing it wrong? There is only one button and pressing stops the alarm momentarily but then start up again.
Seems like a wonky sensor or something
on January 8, 2015
2 out of 3 units worked out of the box, but one of those "chirped" several times before settling down. The non-working unit kept ringing, so I had to remove the battery.

Goid news, Amazon shipped me another package, so I ended up with 3 good units. In returning the defective units.

Also these were manufactured in 2012, so they are recommended for replacement in 2022