Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 24, 2014
This unit replaced the transformer that was lighting up my DSC alarm unit (but that transformer was two-pole and tapped out to a lightning strike). This transformer unit here is three-pole variety and has that all-important ground wire. You know the little guy. He's the meek little green dude that says, "For just one-third more labor, I can keep your house from burning down!"... Note that this plug configuration is a little weird. If you use it as the top of a two-gang, you have to lose the top set screw permanently and it's heavy, so it may fall out from it's own weight over time or in 6.0+ earthquakes. If you use it as designed in the lower plug of a two-gang, you can use the set screw, but be advised that the unit occupies significant space below the outlet, so make sure you've got room.
on July 22, 2015
Got this to replace a transformer for my DSC alarm. The old transformer had 2 terminals (no ground). This one has a ground, but I didn't use it since I was just swapping into the existing connections. It wired up the same, and if you look closely on the back, there's a little ground icon to indicate that the middle terminal is the ground terminal, which I just didn't use. It's been working great, and the price is certainly right.
on January 5, 2015
Saved a lot of money installing this myself. Not only is the actual product cheaper, but it's extremely easy to install. Highly recommend to purchase this instead of getting it through your security provider.
on June 27, 2014
The alarm monitoring company wanted to charge me $100 for a service call (plus the cost of the part). So I decided to save some money and do it myself, ordered the part and installed it no problem.
on January 4, 2015
Works better than original type because of the ground prong which provides more support for the weight when unit is mounted in a garage ceiling.
on May 14, 2014
This replaced a failed Brinks alarm system transformer perfectly. Happy to have peace of mind back again. Quite happy it does the job.
on October 19, 2014
Needed this as a replacment power supply for a Linear AE1000 Plus. The same part from the local dealer was 2 to 3 times the price.
on April 29, 2016
Replaced the old plug on my alarm system that blew up. This works. It does what it's supposed to do and hasn't blown up yet.
on April 29, 2016
This product was exactly what I wanted and works like it should. I am happy with my purchase and the quick delivery.
on November 17, 2014
Replaced old transformer on alarm that went out. This one has a ground on it and has alarm back up and running!!!