5.0 out of 5 stars DC Universe Classics: Donna Troy as Wonder Girl

Published on March 9, 2012 by Calenion

4.0 out of 5 stars Good figure overall, November 3, 2010
Benji McDonald (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DC Universe Classic Donna Troy Figure (Toy)
Donna Troy is a pretty nice sculpt. Unfortunately her lasso isn't removable, but it's not a huge deal. My main complaint is her arms--they are WAY too short. Other than that, everything else about this figure is solid. It's very well painted and her face looks really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars DC Universe Classics: Donna Troy as Wonder Girl, November 2, 2010
Amazon Customer (Meridian, ID, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DC Universe Classic Donna Troy Figure (Toy)
Released in Wave 13 from Mattel's DC Universe Classics, this representation of Wonder Woman's younger sister, Donna Troy, as Wonder Girl (during her 1980's stint with the New Teen Titans) is certainly the best yet produced action figure of this particular character. The sculpting and paint job (especially Donna's elegant facial features) are excellent and rate even better than Donna's previous action figures from DC Direct's Infinite Crisis line from four or five years ago. While she does come this time with a DC Comics 75th Anniversary collector's pin and a piece of her wave's build-a figure, what I like best is that this Donna Troy figure (even with heeled boots) can stand in a stable display pose without a support base (which wasn't included, anyway).

All in all, this figure is an excellent investment for action figure collectors who enjoy proudly displaying their best finds.

Rating: 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gus loves Donna Troy, May 20, 2010
gus miranda (Mexico city, Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DC Universe Classic Donna Troy Figure (Toy)
Well, this is one of my favorite comic books person. And have an action figure is incredible. In this case, I have to thanks not only to DC comics, but Amazon.com, as well, to come true our dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Collectible, March 13, 2014
This review is from: DC Universe Classic Donna Troy Figure (Toy)
Great figure, my only issue is with "DC" not releasing all their figures in a standard 6" model, they are all over the place, each 6" doll is built on a different scale & are varying heights, even while being billed as 6" figures, but the price was great & the figure is awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars love, February 27, 2014
This review is from: DC Universe Classic Donna Troy Figure (Toy)
this was what i was looking for and glad i was able to find it at a reasonable price. thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, April 27, 2013
This review is from: DC Universe Classic Donna Troy Figure (Toy)
i love this figure line, pose ability without sacrificing costume accuracy, it's my favorite action figure line for my superhero pursuits.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughters favorite, February 24, 2013
This review is from: DC Universe Classic Donna Troy Figure (Toy)
Donna Troy is my daughters favorite and I was so happy to receive this item in great condition, on time and a great price. Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars POS, May 1, 2013
This review is from: DC Universe Classic Donna Troy Figure (Toy)
My three year old daughter had the leg come off in her hand the second day she had it. I was too busy to send it back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wishing for more, March 9, 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: DC Universe Classic Donna Troy Figure (Toy)
I'm a collector of DC Classics and though I don't own a tremendous amount I do have enough for easy comparison. First off let me say that I don't like her arms. I know its a trend with the female bodies, but especially on Donna they feel extremely fragile (only cheetah from the same wave beating her out for 'most likely to break'). The joints are tiny to give her a feminine and slender appearance but to be honest I'd rather have them look a bit off and be bigger, than have to worry so much. I'm also under the suspicion they didn't make separate left and right forearms. Mine came in with what looked like two right ones, as the single star was facing the same direction, and they curved slightly in the same direction. I've since flipped one arm around, and though it looks a little bowed now, its better.

She has basic articulation for these figures, which is to say very nice. My only complaint is that her arms are hard to find a good pose for. They aren't that long, and don't have the articulation to move inward very much for a crossing bracers pose. I've tried making a realistic punch but its hard considering her arms are so very thin. Once at the right angle, they don't look much like an arm anymore. Her legs move the same as other female bodies, but I find it hard for her to keep her balance in any pose other than the one she is pictured in. Her legs feel a bit rubbery to me, meaning they tend to slowly go back to their original shape once I've posed them. Wish the joint was more fluid in that respect.

It may be that this character is suited for physical action poses, and the figure isn't, that colors my view. My Raven figure is of a similar design and I dont have any qualms about her, but she is casting a spell from afar. This figure didn't wow me, and I'm glad I got it for $10. The costume is well painted, the hair is nicely designed (Though it will hinder her head movement). It looks nice, just doesn't play very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 29, 2014