1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars An encyclopedia in itself, June 14, 2009
This review is from: Unjustified Texts: Perspectives on Typography (Paperback)
It is amazing that such a book is so unknown. I realize cost may be a determining factor as well as having to wait for special order but for anything from Hyphen Press it is well worth it.

All in all I refer to this book on a very regular basis, it has become my go-to book whenever I need historical facts and figures, details on various graphic design and typographic matters.
It's important to realize this isn't an encyclopedia, it does not got into historical details before the 1900s, there are plenty of books that discuss these things. But for "all" things contemporary especially in Europe it's a goldmine.

Herein is an amazing collection that never ceases to amaze me by the depth and richness of character. The writing is sublime and it's hard not to have the utmost respect for the body of work that has been reproduced in full in this book.

Unjustified Texts: Perspectives on Typography
Unjustified Texts: Perspectives on Typography by Robin Kinross (Paperback - June 2002)
$30.00 $23.55