Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Package Quantity: 1|Size: Each|Change

on September 19, 2012
I actually own both this Dessert Decorator Plus and the Dessert Decorator Pro. I already owned the Pro, and was given the Plus as a gift. It actually sat on my shelf for quite some time before I had a project that required two kinds of frosting, so I busted this one out and have actually begun using the Plus more than the Pro. I've been using the Plus regularly now for about 3 and a half years, and I'd estimate I've used it close to 100 times.

Although the Pro's tube is longer and holds more frosting, I actually like the Plus more for a few reasons - first, because the Plus has a clear tube, it makes it easier to ensure that I have filled the tube and not left any air pockets. It also allows me to monitor how much frosting is left in the tube - after a while, I have been able to anticipate how far I can get with the amount of frosting before I must refill. Finally, I feel like I'm able to clean the smaller, clear tube easier (it is easier to clean the entire length of the tube, and also easier to see that it is clean).

As another reviewer mentioned, I also cracked the coupler. Just remember to tighten only until you feel resistance. My coupler cracked about halfway, and I have been able to continue to use it (carefully now). I also recently contacted Wilton to find out whether they sell the couplers individually, and their great customer service department sent me a replacement of both sizes for free! They arrived about a week after I contacted them - just another reason I like the Wilton brand. (And yes - if you use the smaller coupler, you can use standard metal tips with this decorator - just remember to tighten gently - overtightening with a metal tip is how I cracked my first coupler!)

Finally, I just want to share some advice. A lot of reviewers seem to have a hard time filling the tube. I use my hard plastic offset spatula to scoop the frosting from my mixing bowl. Using the spatula's full length, I'm able to scrape the frosting inside the tube, and also get it all the way to the bottom to make sure I have no air pockets. Also, I leave the plunger inside the tube, and fill from the side with the tip. This allows me to adjust the plunger's location so I can control how much frosting I put in. Finally, when you're on that last cupcake and need that last bit of frosting, use as much as you can, then remove the top (the tip, coupler, and the section that connects the tip/coupler to the tube), put some plastic wrap over the back side, and push the last bit out with your thumb. With practice, no one will ever know you were desperate for that last bit of frosting!
44 comments|298 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2010
I bought this because a cupcake recipe I was going to make called for frosting the cupcakes using a pastry bag with a star tip. I like to bake, but knew nothing about decorating desserts. So I went to my local Michael's and was quickly unnerved by the many various tips, pastry bags, etc. available. Then I saw this handy tool --- it is completely reusable, unlike the disposable pastry bags, and very sturdy and easy to maneuver. Plus, it comes with a variety of tips to make a number of different design elements, and other tips that Wilton sells can be used with this tool as well. I actually did just a very simple swirled top for the cupcakes, but I look forward to trying some of the other designs --- stars, leaves, rosettes --- now I see how user-friendly this tool is. It's also very easy to assemble/disassemble, and cleans in a snap. Overall, just very fun to use and a good way to be creative and impress your friends and family!
1111 comments|228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2014
Saved the day when decorating a shower cake. Really easy to use. Cake came out great!
review image
22 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2014
This is so useful! I used it once so far and it was perfect! So easy to maneuver and my cupcakes looked amazing. Nobody believed that I actually made them.
I had one from Martha Stuart and it was just awful. A big mess.
on May 26, 2014
I am SO not the type to submit a review, but I just had to for this item. There is not a creative or coordinated bone in my body, but my daughter insisted on specifically "handmade by Mommy" cupcakes for her birthday. I went to Amazon for the right tools to help me cheat my way through this request. I have never been so impressed by a kitchen gimmick as I was with this tool! My cupcakes came out looking better than any cupcakery out there! I colored my frosting, loaded it into this bad boy and piped away on my homemade cupcakes - they were beautiful & looked appropriate for a magazine photoshoot!

This is very sturdy, super easy to use, has multiple tips for decorating (along with a how-to guide) and is a breeze to wash! EVERYBODY at the party commented on my cupcakes and I sent them straight here to order one of these! You will NOT regret this purchase, regardless of your decorating skill level!
on March 6, 2015
Made cupcake decorating so much easier! The cupcakes came out so beautiful and I didn't need a piping bag to do it. Definitely a must have for beginner bakers!
on December 22, 2011
The Wilton Dessert Decorator is a wonderful gadget! My favorite thing about this item that it does not leave a mess! While the lever pushes down the frosting down the tube, it leaves it CLEAN. Just like the photo. MUST BUY.
on March 5, 2015
I really love this thing!! It's the coolest, easist cupcake decorator I've ever used. I've used it three times so far and received complements on how pretty my cupcakes were. I had bought something similar to this years ago but it didn't work at all and it just made a big mess so I was very hesitant about buying this. After reading the positive reviews I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did because my cupcakes were so ugly before and now they look professional! Its actually fun to use. It does take a little extra time for clean up, but not any harder than a pastry bag. Warning: This does use a ton of icing. I had to make a double batch to ice 20 cupcakes. Just FYI. But I'd still purchase this. Don't hesitate! Give it a try!
on March 22, 2015
Great substitution to regular pastry bags. Well I started my baking journey with this tool and I am glad that I did no. While my friends are complaining about fragile pastry bags, I am totally fine with the decorator plus. To make the cookies stay in shape, the batter might be solid and stiff, so to push them out using flimsy pastry bags is not easy. Coupler cracked indeed, but still works. I also bought the whole set of Wilton Decorator Tips and the larger ones in that could be used with decorator plus. As another reviewer suggested, I will call the company and ask for coupler replacement and hopefully I could get another one which could also be used for other regular (small) Wilton decorator tips.
review image review image
on March 31, 2011
This is a great way to easily decorate your cupcakes. The filling of frosting was easy and how to dispense it. Very nice!

Update(5/13/11): So far so good. Very easy to use. After using it for awhile icing cupcakes my thumb started to hurt. Depending on how thick your icing comes out will depend on how hard you have to press down.