Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Minecraft Think Geek Wall Torch by Think Geek
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 12, 2013
Very useful for stopping Monsters from spawning in my apartment. Also useful to avoid stubbing my toe in the middle of the night.
33 comments| 326 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2013
I bought this torch for a 14yr old fan of Minecraft. He is very happy with this item. That alone makes it worth the purchase.

That being said, it is basically a high-priced cheap lightweight plastic flashlight.
The quality of the paint/graphics on the torch is not perfect.
The on/off switch is decent quality.
The plastic flap for hanging it on a wall is attached by a flimsy flexible plastic hinge. However, it does offer a nice option for hanging on the wall or standing upright on a table, etc.
The box graphics and overall design are very nice.

Overall I would say this is much better used as a display piece than a play toy.

In the end, you are paying the high price due to the high demand, not necessarily the quality. If you understand that you won't be disappointed.
A more realistic retail value of this would be around $20-$25 if they weren't so popular.
44 comments| 207 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2013
This was a present to my little 5 year old son who is currently really crazy about Minecraft. It mounts to the wall so easily (just one little screw) and takes a few AAA batteries. A bit on the pricey side I've noted as it was given by my mother in law but totally cute. Could also be a night light (at the expense of AAA batteries) since it's not too bright.
review image
22 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2013
My 5 and 7 year old love it. It's a pricey flash light but minecraft fans will love it. I bet this will come in handy on Halloween this year as I expect at least one kid will want to be Stevie.
The wall mount screws were not included.
I added a couple real pictures so you can see what to expect.
review image review image
on February 3, 2013
This item is great! Its very bright for such a small light. And i love the option to be able to put it on the wall, just like in the game!

I would recomend this for any Minecraft fan
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2013
This product is great. The fact that you can unsnap the bottom and it angles to attach to your wall at a slant like in the game is an awesome touch. The cost might seem a bit pricey to some, but I'm as frugal as the next guy, but this was just too great to pass up. One is enough for me, but if your pockets are deep enough, go for 64 of them. You can never have too many torches.
on June 18, 2013
I didnt actually order this but i bought it at hot topic. Its surprisingly very bright...this is perfect for when the power goes out. Btw i should say that it needs 3 AAA batteries
on November 16, 2014
Awesome! I liked how this looked as much as my son did.
on December 17, 2014
Bought this for my grandson's 7th birthday. He LOVED it. It is a very nice quality. Sturdy enough to put up with a 7 and 4 yr old playing with it. What I didn't know was that the bottom flipped up to allow for it to be hung on a wall, which my son did. It looks neat and the kids love it. I believe they use it for a night light. I would definitely recommend this gift to any kid who loves Minecraft.
on November 21, 2013
FIRST, we love the torch! BUT, Read all the Reviews and Buy With Caution! We had a heck of a time getting the darn thing to light. We changed batteries multiple time. One time I had a set in and tried turning it on one more time before changing them and it lit up... other days it lights just fine. We did get a batch of name-brand batteries that were meant for electronics, packaging says they give out more power and last longer - I'm not sold on whether that makes a big difference. I read a review that says the space between battery door and spring is too big and causes batteries to not make contact... that could be an issue. Please note that the novelty of this is it's ONLY value. It's cheap, light and plastic and the bulb is a tiny LED light - this is not for "light" it's for fun... and it's an expensive toy for just being "fun". If you are deciding on a toy - my 11-year-old likes his torch, but he LOVES his "sssss-boom!" sound making creeper WAY more. The torch is on a lower shelf with other forgotten toys... NOT on the nail I put in the wall. The Creeper, however, is on the bed and has been pushed for sound every day for months now summer.