5.0 out of 5 stars Standing nearly bald ... I was captivated by Anthony Robbins
"Unlimited Power" is an exceptional compliment to "Awaken The Giant Within" and is easily one of the most powerful books I've ever read. In December 1994, after winning a battle with cancer, I stood, nearly bald, in the audience of my first motivational seminar, conducted by Anthony Robbins.

Shortly after the seminar I read "Awaken The Giant Within" and...
Published on May 5, 2005 by Michael Davis

1.0 out of 5 stars Dishonest!!!!
The publishers of this CD are being blatantly DISHONEST. The CD claims to be the AUDIO Unlimited Power and even includes a statement about it being narrated by Anthony Robbins.

Yet the CD is NOT AN AUDIO VERSION OF THE BOOK. It is simply a recording of Mr Robbins presenting 50 minutes of material at a seminar.

Only in small letters at the back of the...
Published on February 28, 2006 by Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Standing nearly bald ... I was captivated by Anthony Robbins, May 5, 2005
This review is from: Unlimited Power : The New Science Of Personal Achievement (Paperback)

Shortly after the seminar I read "Awaken The Giant Within" and "Unlimited Power" to learn more about taking charge of my destiny. To this day, I refer to these books often for inspiration and guidance.

Over the years, I've read and listened to a great deal of self-help material in my quest to discover the secret to success. Without question, this book provides the clearest and most incredibly inspiring ideas. Since reading this book, I've greatly increased my level of health (by becoming vegetarian), doubled my income, and formed my own consulting company.

"Unlimited Power" consists of three sections:

Section I: The Modeling of Human Excellence

Section II: The Ultimate Success Formula

Section III: Leadership: The Challenge of Excellence

Although the book is quite long, it is a very exciting read. Starting off with "The Commodity of Kings" Robbins talks about how specialized knowledge (information) is available to anyone and can literally transform ourselves, and the world. Think of what Bill Gates, through Microsoft, really owns - almost nothing. Instead, he controls a vast reservoir of knowledge.

In summary, what I enjoy most about "Unlimited Power" and all of Anthony Robbins' other works, is that he challenges you to test his ideas for yourself, instead of accepting ideas on blind faith. Also, I must emphasize that "Unlimited Power" (or any other book for that matter) WILL NOT magically make you successful. It requires YOU to work with the material, develop strategies, and most importantly - take action.

-----------------

Michael Davis - Editor, Byvation

5.0 out of 5 stars Robbins will change your life!, June 8, 2000
By A Customer
This book is priceless to me. I have read almost every self-help book I can find, yet I wasn't changing. I knew a lot about self esteem etc, but it's as if I was waiting for ONE FINAL PIECE, the missing part of how to succeed - in a big scale. And this book gave that to me. It's called Personal Power. If you're like me, having read a lot, know a lot as well, then you need that final piece. This book also gave me lots of effective STRATEGIES to control my mind, and it's scientific. From this book, I used the NLP 'swish technique' to get rid of my nail biting habit in just 2 minutes! That was just 2 months ago and I never bit it since( it actually feels unnatural to do it now). Learn how to increse your energy level and see your vitality 'explode'! There are many strategies in this book, many of them from Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) a science that can change your life, habits, fears, attitude, beliefs etc so quickly (in minutes!) that you'll be surprised. How do you motivate yourself to do the things that are good for you (eg study for that exam earlier) and feel happy doing it, and how to de-motivate yourself (eg to eat that pizza). Once you learn the skills in this book, your mind will be at your command literally (instead of letting it run you). How do you create rapport with people and even strangers so easily that they fell like they know you for a lifetime? Another essential formula I learned from this book got rid of my fear of failure that used to stop me from taking action. Since then, my life, my confidence changed so much that I can hardly believe it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dishonest!!!!, February 28, 2006

Only in small letters at the back of the CD does it say "abridged version".

Avoid the CD. Just buy and read the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good primer but lacks substance, June 9, 2005
DW (Tempe, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
Anything by AR is good, hearing his voice and his ability to speak is motivational, and without a doubt his knowledge of NLP is the real deal.

That's why I was disappointed in this 50 minute CD. There's not enough time to go in depth about the topics, he throws a few lists out there and jumps around in his subject matter.

I'm a fan so it's hard to be critical, but unless you can pick up a used copy for a couple of bucks this just isn't worth it. Instead, spend one extra dollar and buy his book, Unlimited Power. There you'll have 300+ pages of in-depth, paradigm-shifting material that will have a much greater impact on your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tony is powerful & motivating, June 17, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Unlimited Power (Audio Cassette)
I listened to this tape every day for 2 weeks while reading the book edition. Nobody is more motivating than Robbiins. At the time, I was like a miniture version of Robbins; newly divorced, out of work, alone and afraid. Thanks to Tony's techniques, I turned that all around. My financial life was also a mess and as per TONY'S ADVICE in a edition of Powertalk, I also bought Wealth Without Risk (now More Wealth w/o Risk) by Charles Givens. Givens tecniques did as much for me financially as Unlimited Power did for me on a Personal Development level. Thank you Tony Robbins for one of the best, if not the very best Personal Development books of all time!

3.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD BOOK, May 21, 1998
This review is from: Unlimited Power (Paperback)
Robbins deserves credit for mass advertising the concept of NLP. I like this book better than "Awaken the Giant", less fluff and less pro- moting his other products and $3000 seminars. The NLP techniques are only a partial solution, and not an end in themselves. Easy reading. I also highly recommend "MAXIMUM ACHIEVEMENT" by Brian Tracy and the 'SILVA METHOD" or any good book on alpha waves for maximum mental repro gramming. "SUPERSELF" by Charles Givens is probably one of the most under rated self development book. I don't agree with ROBBINS nutritional ideas and have not found one person including nutritionists who either recommend this regimen or have any measureable results by using it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD BOOK, May 21, 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars A step above positive thinking, February 1, 2004
By A Customer
Some books teach just to be positive. Certainly having a positive attitude is better than being negative, but positive thinking is not enough.
Anthony Robbins teaches positive thinking but goes beyond that to positive doing. That is what personal power is all about, it is the ability to ake action and get the results you want.
Unlimited Power is an excellent book to show you how to bring out that power. Robbins advice works. Try it you'll ove it.

5.0 out of 5 stars the book that finally did it where others failed., December 1, 2000
By A Customer
This book is by far my favourite book ever! It contains so much information to immediately change your life the way you want it, and the bottom line is, the stuff WORKS!

Tony is one of the most sincere, caring, motivated guy that i have ever seen. And he's a great role model for me. This guy is congruent.

I've read hundreds of self-improvement books, none that comes close to this. This book got me to take MASSIVE ACTION, where before i was just reading but never really applying.

I see quite a few bad reviews of Tony's book. The truth is, these people are looking for a quick fix- WITHOUT wanting to apply Tony's stuff in their lives. If you wanna change something no matter how small it is, you gotto ge WILLING to TAKE THE ACTION to change it.
Many people finished reading the book and say,"Hey my life's still the same, no change".This is the clearest example of the saying that Tony always say " Many people know what to do, BUT they don't do what they know."

The thing is, IT'S ACTION THAT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, NOT JUST KNOWING IT. Ralph Waldo Emerson said "What you do shouts so loudly at me that I cannot hear what you are saying." It's an age old problem. So don't blame the author if you haven't changed your life. Take responsibility for your own non-action.

Your LIFE is in your hands... all he'd doing is giving you the tips and knowledge that IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO APPLY, then you can have a change.

Get this, IF YOU JUST READ FOR KNOWLEDGE BUT DONT TAKE ACTION, YOUR NEXT 5 YEARS WILL BE THE SAME AS THE LAST 5.

If people are not willing to use what they know (cos they think just knowing is enough), then NOTHING can help em!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, June 20, 1998
This review is from: Unlimited Power (Paperback)
Anthony Robbins encapsulates the best personal development strategies and combines it with NLP to create rapid change. This book will improve your entire life from reaching goals to rapport with others. I also highly recommend "Business By The Bible" by Wade Cook and the timeless classic "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill.

Unlimited Power : The New Science Of Personal Achievement
Unlimited Power : The New Science Of Personal Achievement by Anthony Robbins (Paperback - December 22, 1997)
$17.00 $9.57