Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

This book applies Ericksonian hypnotic techniques to the interpersonal sales process. It covers developing rapport through pacing, using stories and metaphors, eliciting criteria and developing script books amongst many more. This book is full of penetrating insights. If I had one book only on the interpersonal psychology of selling I would choose this. Chapter 10 on interactive audio and video training has such penetrating insights it is amazing it was written way back in 1990 before the web. I find publication lists populated with junk sales books ("101 best closes" and such like). This book is not one of them. It is full of real substance. I wish I purchased it 8 years ago. The techniques they describe can be used in all interpersonal interactions, not only sales. If you have any comments please feel free to e-mail me.
0Comment60 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2002
If you were to buy just one book on sales, this would be it.From how to build trust and rapport quickly, to creating mesmerizing sales presentations, developing questions to overcome the most obstinate of clients and disarm strong beliefs and opinions. This book tripled my sales in a short time.The hypernesia, ideosensory trance and revivication techiques are so effective and easy to use that they should be illegal. The book also offers a series of exercises on how to personalize the techniques for your own products and services. How to build a sales script book and concludes with strategies to become a sales champion and how to overcome stress.Some people may be turned off by the affirmations...I found that they worked when accompanied with visualization and techniques explained. Learning how to turn negative thoughts into positive actions was especially useful to me and my sales team.
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 29, 2008
I was impressed with this book for about the first 160 pages of it.

Its basic stuff about how to use hypnotic language to establish more
rapport with your prospects. Just because it is basic information
doesn't mean it isn't useful.

The last 100 pages of the book is a long pitch for the authors'
script-writing and training services - perhaps this will be of
interest to readers in corporate sales management, but I found
it to be irrelevant.

The chapters on how to use language to increase trust are good.
The example conversations are clear too.

Around page 160 the book turns to sales scripts. Ostensibly
these chapters are to provide us with information about
writing sales scripts... but they really just seem to be
saying - "please consider hiring our firm to write your
script book for you,"

I would have appreciated more "how to do it yourself"
MEAT than all the "its too hard to do it yourself" rhetoric
and filler at the end.

--------UPDATE

I am re-reading this. I think this information is perhaps
better presented verbally than in a book. A book is sure
cheaper than a seminar with the authors though.

It's a useful, non-technical breakdown of useful NLP methods
good salespeople use intuitively. If you choose to use
this stuff it will take real work to internalize it.
22 comments16 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2002
As an NLP Trainer, I have read a good deal of NLP and hypnosis books out on the market today and out of all of them, this is one of my favorite books. If you like me, like to learn a lot about how easily you can be influenced to open your self up to new and better techniques, then you like me will want to read this book over and over again.
Probably some of the best examples of practical Ericksonian techniques outside of the realm of therapy. It will take some practice to master, but it is well worth it.
on April 30, 2001
Very seldom do I find a book that lives up to the expecations set by those who have raved about it to me - this one did with interest.
Firmly grounded in NLP with credit given many times over to Bandler/Grindler, the authors set about in a structured manner relating skill after skill. They are careful to illustrate by painting pictures on how each has been used in at least one case study. So you'll be able to relate in your mind, and of course the rest is up to you to translate then into your own experiences.
Two glaring faults worth knowing before you buy:
1. Authors overused the sales language they are teaching in conveying their own message. For those already initiated in Milton Ericksonian language you may yawn, and wish they would just stick with the passing on of skills. In effect they end up selling their message by using their message - and laying it on REALLY thick.
2. They devote a whole chapter to unashamedly selling the concept of their own interactive courses - unscrupulous in my eyes.
Thorough, practical step by step approach with recommendations in how to practice in the real world. Easy to read, though worth taking in slowly and using as a working manual.
on July 2, 2002
This is a lexicon of solid, practical persuasion verbiage that you can use in your arsenal to help you get past the prejuidiced biases of prospects. I've implemented several of the techniques the author suggests as well as created a book of my own phrases and terms to use when the need arises. This has helped to shape my very own verbal arsenal. Not that you'll rely on ALL of the techniques offered in this manual rather that they're ready and at hand to use when the time comes up. Enjoy & Good Selling!
on March 20, 2007
From Joe Catal, author of the book: Telesales Tips fron the Trenches.

I loved this book! As a national sales trainer I always recomend this book to people. It combines NLP with Hypnosis techniques.

The ideas are simple and can be used in any sales situation. All ideas the authors present are easy to do and can be used in the real world of selling.

Good sales people already use these techniques and may not even know it!

Get the book,I can assure you, you'll apply what you learn right away.

Good job guys!
on September 16, 2011
I believe Warren Buffet said "If you look around the [poker] table and can't find the patsy, it's you!" This book made me realize that I was doing a great job getting into rapport with my clients but was in fact getting hypnotized by it and was believing their excuses. When I used that hypnotic rapport to suggest MY MESSAGE, I started selling.

Great book!
on January 17, 2003
Although this book teaches you hypnotic sales techniques, you don't necessarily need to be a salesperson to use these techniques. Much of life is "selling" anyway. For instance, you have to sell yourself to the other person that you would make a good friend or a good boyfriend or a good employee, etc. The hypnotic salesperson is really a master communicator. Who would not benefit by being a master communicator? Great communication skills is one of the most important traits of any successful person. If you are lucky enough to come across to this book, definitely read it. These skills will prove very valuable throughout your life.
on August 10, 2010
I read this book about 10 years ago and then worked (on the phone) with Dr. Moine.
I now own a brokerage firm and insist that all my sales people study this book. It is not a simple, easy read. Most books on sales are a lot of fluff and platitudes.
If you want to make big $ in sales, well into 6 figues, study this book. Thanks Dr. Moine.