4.0 out of 5 stars UN/NAMED, April 7, 2010
This review is from: Unnamed: Unsuspecting Heroes Singled Out by God (Paperback)
Chris Travis has hit on a unique concept with his first text effort. This book is not only an interesting read, it is a great resource and study guide all-in-one. He gives examples of real-life, generally unknown, characters in Scripture that were used by God to work His will.

He then makes the case for how God can also work with each of us in a similar manner to do great things, and draw us closer to Him.

The Scripture references present the basis for each character, and Chris then provides numerous other passages to support and expand each concept of how God can work with us, and within us.

A valuable book that will be read and re-read, and would be a great tool for small groups or Bible Studies.

5.0 out of 5 stars A touching, inspiring book., February 17, 2010
Chris Travis has written a beautiful little book. Each chapter has something that will inspire you, touch you, give you chills, sometimes make you smile and maybe make you cry a little. This is a celebration of what God has done and can do with ordinary people, just like you and I. If I were a preacher, each chapter would be a sermon in a series and I'd steal many of the stories and illustrations. Chris Travis is a gifted writer and paints some beautiful word pictures. I would only add more stories of heroes. So, preachers and teachers, if you do use the book, tell many stories of every day heroes. I'm giving this book to some of the heroes in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be an Unsuspected hero, February 28, 2010
I have read this book three times and still find new hidden messages not only in the characters but the intended messages. WOW. I love this book. Simple and yet thought provoking. A class using the guide is a must for adults as well as children. I teach Junk Art and my purpose is to reveal to the children the idea that "you don't need money to be an artist" all you need to do is to look in the junk drawer in your kitchen or the recycling bin. Chris Travis writes that you don't need money or a title to be a hero. We are all unsuspecting heroes when we do for others as we would have them do for us. Simple kindness. Simple smiles. The references he uses from the Bible are just astounding. I have read most of these references and I am most appreciative that I claim this book as mine. It is a goldmine of wonderful ways to interact with people of all ages. Stop and ask yourself, how can I be an "UNNAMMED Unsuspecting Hero Singled out by God". Beautiful book. Can't wait to get the study guide for our youth group at Garden Park Unity Church in Cincinnati, Ohio. Love the name and the cover of the book. Thank you Mr. Chris Travis for a job well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you want to be part of an adventure every day?, March 12, 2010
Chris obviously has a gift to take bible passages and relate them to your everyday, "ordinary" life. If you have ever wanted to think you are living an adventure, and that what you do makes a big difference, this book is for you! His words will definitely inspire you while you are reading. But more importantly these words will ignite you to engage in the world a different way as you step out the door each day.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Read!, March 7, 2010
L. Walsh (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
I am so thankful that Chris Travis wrote this book. If someone is having some questions in their faith or has trouble in believing, this book is for them. The book talks about normal people, not celebrities. It helps put things into perspetive that most people can understand. It's not preachy and gives advice how to better understand our faith and be a hero for the Lord.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Groups, April 14, 2011
As the minister of a church I am always on the lookout for good books to use in small groups. "Unnamed" (and the accompanying study guide, purchased separately) is one of them. The author's writing style is clear, engaging and transparent. He makes the stories from Scripture come alive as we read. In the group I'm currently leading we have people who do not know Jesus and others who have known Him for years. Unnamed is challenging all of us to ponder how God can use us to have an impact. I can't wait to see what this author writes next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unnamed is Unmatched, July 2, 2010
M. Travis Dinkins "mtdnk" (Pleasant Valley, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Chris Travis has demonstrated on his first publication that he is a force to be reckoned with. His interpretations and descriptions are enlightening and entertaining. I especially liked the tale involving his experience on the beach. I expect (and hope) we will be hearing more from this fabulous composer in the NEAR future!

5.0 out of 5 stars soak it all up, because it is all good!, March 4, 2010
If you want to be encouraged, buy this book. If you want to restored, buy this book. If you want to be challenged for the purpose of your life, buy this book. If you miss Chris Travis, buy this book! He speaks to you in such a personal way that you feel he's right there talking with you!

5.0 out of 5 stars uplifting!, February 24, 2010
This book was truly uplifting. Having met the author inspired me to buy the book, but its content propelled me in reading it and really enjoying it. I love how personal it is and can reach any audience. Would even be great to work through in a bible study! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Read, October 1, 2010
This book was very inspiring. The writer had a nice balance of Bible stories and contemporary situations to illustrate his point. By the conclusion of the book, I felt I had a more positive perspective about my daily actions and the worth of my life.

Unnamed: Unsuspecting Heroes Singled Out by God
Unnamed: Unsuspecting Heroes Singled Out by God by Chris Travis (Paperback - February 4, 2010)
$9.99 $8.99