4.0 out of 5 stars More of a gap filler than a full-fledged novel
Confession: I love Stone and Dino and will happily open any Barrington novel. But UNNATURAL ACTS was a weird one, almost like a place filler between D.C. DEAD and whatever comes next. Other reviewers have commented that it focused more on Herbie (now "Herb") Fisher rather than on Dino or Stone. I agree. It sets Herbie (oops, Herb) up for greater roles in future books, and...
Published 23 months ago by GAE-LYNN WOODS

1.0 out of 5 stars Stuart Woods Must Be the Laziest Writer Alive
Stone and Dino are back, sort of. The same women are back to service them. The Knob Creek, Johnny Walker black, martinis and champagne flow. Millions of dollars are bandied about. Fancy cars abound. The only thing that has changed is that poor Elaine has died and her eponymous restaurant has closed. What are Stone and Dino to do? Where will they hang...
Published on April 20, 2012 by L. Young

1.0 out of 5 stars Stuart Woods Must Be the Laziest Writer Alive, April 20, 2012
This review is from: Unnatural Acts (Stone Barrington) (Hardcover)
Stone and Dino are back, sort of. The same women are back to service them. The Knob Creek, Johnny Walker black, martinis and champagne flow. Millions of dollars are bandied about. Fancy cars abound. The only thing that has changed is that poor Elaine has died and her eponymous restaurant has closed. What are Stone and Dino to do? Where will they hang?

Interestingly the once dynamic duo seem to yield center stage to the once hapless Herbie Fisher. No longer Herbie, but now Herb or Herbert to fit his new station in life, he is now a senior associate at Woodman & Weld, a star attorney after a mere two years out of law school As always everything in a Woods novel happens at the drop of a hat without work. Herbie even has his own secretary and associate, as well as making a lot of 'rain' for W & W.

The novel contains the same witless dialogue as the last half dozen novels, the same easy sex and the same non-existent plot. Woods (or his ghost writers) seem to have given up plots years ago. That's why I call him the laziest writer alive. He can't even be bothered with thinking up a good plot as he did years and years ago. The novel is slapped together without thought, sent off to the publisher and promoted to poor saps like us. This will be the last time I read a Stone Barrington novel. Stone is hardly even in the book. Maybe Woods should consider a new line of books - the Herbert Fisher novels.

1.0 out of 5 stars $12.99 for what??, April 17, 2012
I've read all of Stuart Woods books and this is the biggest disappointment! Where is the story line? Half way through and still waiting for something to happen. Don't waste your money on this!

1.0 out of 5 stars I paid $12.99 for this, April 17, 2012
Amazon Customer (JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unnatural Acts (Stone Barrington) (Hardcover)
Sorry Stuart but this is my last book from you......what happen your books used to be so good now they are just trash.....no story line.....no good mystery...no anything...and the cost is just too much for this.....it should have been sold for $.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Garbage, April 22, 2012
I deserve my money back. Seriously. This is ridiculous. Nothing but ramblings. There is no story at all.

I usually always finish a book I decide to read. I haven't quit a book in years. This is that kind of book. At halfway (which was being overly hopeful) I could no longer stand it. This is true garbage.

I have read EVERY of this authors books up to this point. No kidding. His last one was pretty bad but I thought I'd give him one more chance. This serves the worst-book-of-the-year award for sure. Never again will I buy a book from this author.

I can't get my wasted time back but I, and anyone that bought this drivel, deserve a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars This one pushed ME over the edge, April 25, 2012
I have hated the last several Stuart Woods'books. I can't call them novels--because "novel" implies new thoughts, new stories, new ways of looking at old characters. There is nothing new in any of the last several books. Take heed readers, many reviews here says his work is not enjoyable. This was the final one for me. I have been pushed over the edge--i will never purchase or read another load of his trash. Who can possibly like, let alone empathize with any of the characters??--my husband always says a book can still be good even if the plot is thin, if its been a good visit with the characters--i have decided to shut the door on this group of characters--forever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad,Bad,Bad, April 21, 2012
I've been a Stuart Woods (Stone Barrington) fan since day one.
Ihave always looked forward to his new books. This one is so bad I will never read another. The person who said this book is worth 99 cents is off by 98 cents. Herbie as the new star...give me a break. And where's the plot?? Don't bother with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars It really is an "unnatural act, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Unnatural Acts (Stone Barrington) (Hardcover)
Put this on the bottom. A truly bad read. Stuart Woods should have left this one on the computer. This one is far below his ability. Next time I look at a new offering from Mr. Woods, I will read the reviews before I buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars I just wasted $$ on this book....goodbye Stone..nice knowing you!, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Unnatural Acts (Stone Barrington) (Hardcover)
I bet if I burn the book, it'll go up in flames in 4.2 seconds! Not only because of its limited pages but also body of work! I've noticed, maybe in the last 2-3 years that Woods' books were becoming short stories, small segments and story lines wetting your appetite for the next Barrington novel! But what the heck? This was like a Monday Soap Opera but in written form. Terrible plots, no mystery, no excitement, Stone's in the sack again..Elaine died? HOW?, Herbie Fisher the main focus? Gimme a break...I'm done with Stone Barrington and Stuart Woods...

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Joke, April 18, 2012
Arthur Radley (Undisclosed Location) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unnatural Acts (Stone Barrington) (Hardcover)
This so-called "novel" is a joke -- a truly bad joke. You could get more information and entertainment by reading a piece of Charmin -- new or pre-owned.

1.0 out of 5 stars The slide continues..., April 19, 2012
Woods returns with Stone Barrington and Dino Bachetti. I'm asking myself now why I ever started reading this author. This book lacks a storyline, interesting characters and readable prose.

The people in Woods' books do not face adversity, every suggestion is met with no resistance and accomplished with a minimum of time and effort.

The book is awful, do not bother.

Unnatural Acts (Stone Barrington)
Unnatural Acts (Stone Barrington) by Stuart Woods (Hardcover - April 17, 2012)
Used & New from: $0.01