Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon May 3, 2012
Personally, I prefer Uno to Skip-Bo, and for players of all ages and both sexes, the Skip-Bo game gets a way more democratic treatment in this set.

In the Uno game:

Seems like the heart of the game, the undercover adventure mode, is aimed exclusively at <12 year old girls. Within the first five minutes of the game, you find yourself picking out just the right bathing suit (one piece or bikini?) and evening gown (does this make me look fat?) for your character. Help. Heeelllllpppp!!!

You CAN'T change your character (you are an attractive young mother with two adorable children and a loving and handsome but clueless husband) or skill level (though I would guess the game has progressive levels of difficulty in the adventure mode).

While you CAN play a quick play game independent of the "Undercover" mode, you can't change the number of opponents you play against, and it appears you always play against the same four characters. Oops! Dang it! I broke a nail!!!

Gameplay for Uno is slow, even with the image quality box set to "Low".

Some aspects of UNO game mechanics are nice, though - you can easily arrange your hand the way you like, and a pointer around the characters makes it easy to keep track of the direction of play (wish the Nintendo DS & Kindle Fire versions of UNO had a couple of these features). You can play a single hand or a points game, and you can also set an option to manually or automatically call Uno. Plus, I did learn how to color coordinate my bathing suit with my hair.

Still, for a quick game of Uno, I'd prefer the manly friendly versions on my Nintendo DS or Kindle Fire.

****

The Skip-Bo game adresses most of these issues (although I can't make my Skip-Bo character middle aged with glasses and a bald spot, at least my Skip-Bo character has some testosterone running through his pixilated veins) and blows the UNO game away (tons of options, and if you just want to play the classic mode, it is available as an unlockable after you go through the tutorial).

All-in-all, this is a nice value, but unless you are the aforementioned <12 year old grrl, the Skip-Bo game will have wider appeal.
on March 4, 2011
We ordered this to play on our computer! My daughter absolutely loves it, and plays it all the time! It is even fun for me, although it is more of a child's game in the adventure part, and the storyline. Overall, I'm glad we ordered it! The kid in me likes it!
on April 11, 2011
we put uno and skip-bo on my wife's computer.She is running Windows 7. It loaded easy and runs great she plays alot of card games and really likes this one now.
on March 15, 2011
Matel used to make an electronic Skip-Bo game however stopped making them years ago. My wife's last one broke and she's been broken hearted (that doesn't speak well for me). I found this game for the computer and she loves it.
VINE VOICEon April 23, 2012
This combination UNO Undercover/Skip-Bo Castaways Caper is the absolute perfect computer game. I ordered and received this about a week ago and not a night goes by when I do not sit down to play Skip-Bo Castaways Caper! It is the perfect game to unwind with and just kick back and have a bit of fun. There are challenges that must be completed (4 matches must be won) and mini challenges in-between where the player is rewarded with a new back card design. Once you have won a challenge, you receive something to decorate your island with. It is so much fun. I have yet to play the UNO Undercover because I am so hooked on Skip-Bo, but if it is remotely as entertaining, it will awesome. Great price for a great game - I highly recommend!!!
on April 9, 2015
Skip-Bo is one of the games I play almost every day. It's great because I live alone and you can play this game with 3 other "friends". I have been playing this game for several years and find that it is still a lot of fun to play. I'm 69 years young!
on April 22, 2012
Love this game - I can play the short quick version for a quick break.
I did not want a game that I had to learn the program with complicated plays.
This game fits my needs - short fast and fun.
on October 29, 2011
The UNO game is not the standard run of the mill UNO game. You have to go through all this shopping and stuff and that's not much to my liking. The Skip-Bo game gives you a choice of classic Skip-Bo or an adventure one. All in all I'm really glad to have this because I had downloaded the Skip-Bo off from a website and had to wait for advertisements between every game. Now I don't have to. :)
on August 4, 2012
I actually bought Uno undercover a couple of years ago...but once I saw Skip-Bo and Uno undercover as a bundle... I decided to take the risk of spending extra money on buying the same game I already had twice to get Skip-Bo uno.... and I am glad I did!!! I love Skip-Bo uno compared to Uno undercover. I especially love how they let you play as a team.
on March 13, 2011
I have a great time playing both games on this disk. It works just fine with my Win 7. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys Uno and Skip-Bo. It's a great deal.