4.0 out of 5 stars Must-have for Disney trip planning
Published 24 months ago by savingsinseconds

3.0 out of 5 stars Walt disney world with kids is better
I prefer the other guide it is more accurate and less ad based, I think there is definitely some paid sponsorship in here promoted
Published 11 months ago by J. ozsoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Must-have for Disney trip planning, September 22, 2012
This review is from: The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2013 (Unofficial Guides) (Paperback)
This guide is my favorite of all the books we bought for our previous Disney trips. It is so thorough and honest. I felt that most of the opinions and reviews were in line with our own based on our experiences at Disney. The info on dining is so helpful. We had the 2011 version and hoped for new reader comments in the 2012 edition but most of them are repeats. This one does have updated information on newly renovated rooms and rides. A must-have if you want to save time, money, and sanity on your Disney vacation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the daily park guides, December 10, 2012
We bought this in tandem with the much larger Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (sans the kids). This book contains many helpful recommendations on rides, attractions, and restaurants that are best to do with the little ones. As I am someone who likes to over-plan, my favorite part is the daily trip guides which easily lay out steps to see entire parks in one or two days (multiple guides are given based on the age of the child, too!).

5.0 out of 5 stars The Alpha and Omega for Walt Disney World Travel, December 18, 2012
roberjo (Lagrange, GA) - See all my reviews
Excellent guide JAM-PACKED with useful tips, great advice, excellent discussion, and practical travel knowledge from what is obviously years of Walt Disney World travel experience.

When paired with the online information from the website and the mobile applications this becomes the ultimate strategy guide and trip adviser for traveling to Disney World.

On top of the critical information for where to stay, how to get there, and crowd levels, there is critical information for parents traveling with small children and older children.

It seems like every possible trip scenario has been thought of and discussed and planned for with this guide.

I would recommend it to everyone looking to plan a Walt Disney World vacation in 2013.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a Disney person, but this book really did the trick!, May 1, 2013
Cold in Minnesota (Apple Valley, MN United States) - See all my reviews
We just returned from our first trip to Disney and I have to say this book was worth every penny plus. I'm not really a Disney person, but our family (husband, wife, 5 year old, 3 year old) had a fantastic time. A big reason for that was the detailed information in this book that was written in a well constructed, easy to follow manner. I would highly recommend if you are new to the park and have small kids since it made a world of difference, in particular in lowering our stress and increasing our fun time.

My only one piece of advise not called out clearly in the book... if you have little ones, stay close to the Magic Kingdom. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and while nice (the animals are very cool), it is a 1/2 hour bus ride to Magic Kingdom where you will probably spend more of your time. That is particularly true if you do like the book suggests and get there at open, leave after lunch, and return in the early evening. That is 2 hours of bus travel. I liked the Lodge, just not worth the travel with little ones.

Overall though the book was a fantastic addition to our trip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better to go with the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World versus this "With Kids" version., January 18, 2013
We bought both the "with kids" version and the bigger general version for 2013. While the "with kids" version does have a lot of helpful tips and day plans specific to those with children, I felt the general guide was better and contained the information I needed. This "with kids" version is a little choppy and I don't care for how it's laid out. Had to do lots of flipping back and forth through the pages to find what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our "go-to" resource for planning our Disney trip, May 14, 2013
This was one of our two "go-to" books that were the most useful to us in our trip to Disney World -- the other being "Walt Disney World with Kids 2013". It has good, practical tips, and great explanations of each ride that helped us make informed decisions for our family. I highlighted, bookmarked, and made notes of its great suggestions during the months prior to going. Thanks to its insight, our extended family group of eleven people traveling together made wise, cost-effective decisions on everything from when to go, where to stay, what to pack, and how to tour efficiently around the different parks. My father marveled at the end of our week, "I don't think we could have squeezed any more out of our time here. We did everything we wanted to!" Thanks to the tips provided in this book, I totally agree with him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Detail and Plans, July 20, 2013
We took our six and eight year old granddaughters to Disney World and Sea World for a week by ourselves at the end of June. This book was a really terrific help in planning our days ahead of time. I was able to write out itineraries, which we were able to use as guidelines for our days. Of course, we deviated from the plans here and there. But the info in the book gave us a lot of pre-Disney knowledge, which was very helpful. Because of the info in the book, we decided to go very early in the day and return to our off-property resort in mid-afternoon, when the girls started to droop. We did not eat at Disney nor Sea World, but wore waist packs with snacks, sandwiches & bottles of water at the ready. There is a wealth of information in this book for all types of families. It is especially nice to have the rides/activities rated by different age groups. Big help in the decision-making. Also included are suggestions for what to bring with you -- like inexpensive rain ponchos, etc. (I bought mine at Walmart.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful book, May 22, 2013
Kristi (Evanston, IL USA) - See all my reviews
We have a family of "Disney experts" but this book had some tips / tricks for even the most seasoned WDW fans. Tips on child-friendly rides and restaurants and how to get the most out of your time at the parks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, May 10, 2013
I have used the Unofficial guide for every Disney trip since 2000 and wouldn't go without it. Now that we have a child, this adds some great insight into the trip with her.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-buy for 1st-timers, May 9, 2013
My husband and I used this guide for 3 visits with our sons over the last 5 years and found it an invaluable tool- and totally recommend their adjunct app as well. We got hooked on the book series when we used the "regular" version for a visit to WDW without kids a decade ago. We were able to see ALL 4 parks over 4th of July weekend with VERY minimal time spent in lines. I totally recommend these books (the with and without kids versions!). Its a great reference manual and guidebook!

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2013 (Unofficial Guides)
Used & New from: $0.01