Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 14, 2013 11:43:36 AM PDT
JCF says:
Any information of what unrated will be? does it worth or it just another gimmick to make cash?

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 11:08:27 PM PDT
PlanetHell says:
Would be nice to know. I would hope it would insert some blood or possibly something filmed they took out that is a part of the original book. Still loved the movie but the Brad Pitt beating the zombie with a clean crowbar was pretty dumb. There is nothing on Wikipedia or here and the movie is being released in seven days?

So first it's tax charges on amazon, now no info b4 the release? Quess I am canceling my pre-order until I know what's going on here...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2013 2:12:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2013 2:13:20 AM PDT
JCF says:
i was thinking to cancel too because the regular edition is cheaper and i really want to know if the unrated is really worthy because if the only change is the blood, that's not something important in my opinion since i liked the movie even without blood. Bu i want new parts or the so commented ending that did not see the theaters or if Amazon can exchange it after the release for part reimbursement.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 6:00:53 PM PDT
REMays says:
According to Roger Edwards review on "Contains Moderate Peril ", the material is more violent alternative takes of existing action scenes and features mainly CGI effects work. There is no additional plot, although there may be some nominal changes to dialogue. Overall the unrated cut is an improvement over the theatrical print in so far it offers a more traditional zombie movie experience. However, compared to other examples of the genre, even the unrated version of World War Z still remains relatively sedate in terms of violence. The movie is far more focused on the scale of the zombie outbreak, rather than the standard gut muching mayhem of say a George Romero movie.

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 3:35:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2013 3:36:00 PM PDT
K.B. says:
I just watched the unrated version this afternoon, and it's significantly bloodier than the theatrical version. Some of the zombies are killed in more graphic ways (Pitt crushes a zombie's head with his foot in one scene.) There is also more spraying/spurting blood from the zombies victims. The scene where Pitt cuts off the Israeli soldier's hand is now much more bloody and graphic (as it should have been.) Overall, a much better version than the theatrical one. This one definitely would have been rated "R", but it's still quite tame compared to either "The Walking Dead" or any of the Romero zombie films.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2013 5:04:46 PM PDT
JCF says:
Thank you for sharing your after-watch review of the unrated version. I will keep the movie them when it arrives so i can watch the bloodier version and for everyone else that don't like blood can enjoy it too. I have a niece that like zombies, but as you know, that means blood everywhere and i don't let her watch it as she would like, but the pg 13 yes.

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 11:17:27 AM PDT
Frank Barker says:
Does anybody know if they intend on releasing an unrated DVD, non-BR version?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Aug 14, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
World War Z (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
World War Z (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) by Brad Pitt (Blu-ray - 2013)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (8,002)