Unravel Me (Shatter Me)
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$9.18 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on February 22, 2013
Format: Hardcover
Oh sweet mother of all things good and evil. This story has my emotions wrecked. There are just so many feels.. It's almost as if I've been on one hell of a roller coaster ride a little too long. I may have experienced every emotion possible as I read UNRAVEL ME. Not only did this story cut way deep down but I was also able to see several sides of a few of the characters. It was like meeting them again for the first time.

By the end of SHATTER ME Juliette had begun to grow into herself and started dealing with the fact that she was a monster different... she was special. Juliette has powers and she was beginning to believe for the first time in her life that she was not a monster, that she was in fact a very special and extraordinary young lady. That is not at all the Juliette that we came back to in UNRAVEL ME. Within the two weeks of being at Omega Point it seems that Juliette has lost all self-esteem and reverted back to the frightened and withdrawn child that she was in the very beginning. Let's just say that I wasn't completely thrilled about this. I was am quite fond of the strong, independent young lady that believes in herself and when she's got that confidence she totally rocks it.

While Juliette spends her days hiding away from everyone and feeling sorry for herself, the rest of the people at Omega Point go on with their daily routines. It doesn't take too long before Juliette is put in her place and slowly begins to come back around. Now. That's what I'm talking about. This is who we all want. The bad ass Juliette. The girl who will not let anyone or anything hurt the ones she cares for. Now that we've went through a complete mental make-over with Juliette, we spend more time with Kenji and see a different side of him as well. Kenji was asked to more or less take Juliette under his wing, keep her out of trouble help her train and learn how to control her powers.

Kenji is seriously like a breath of fresh air. I totally dig that man. In my opinion the difference in him is like night and day from the previous book. Kenji is not only completely in control of himself and everything around him, he is charming, witty and seems to be quite the ladies man, if you will. I was super pleased that we were able to spend so much time with him. Kenji would be the best and most loyal friend to have. I was definitely jonesing for one of him to keep for my very own by the end.

We actually don't spend as much time with Adam as we did before. He spends his days and nights at Omega Point always in private meetings and doing super secret testing to learn more about his powers. Adam is still the most kind, and gentle man. He is someone who makes you want to curl up with and just stay. For always. His love for Juliette is strong and powerful and there is nothing he will not do to keep her safe. So, you can certainly understand why all holy hell broke loose when they brought back a captured soldier to Omega Point and it was none other than Warner. Yes, Warner. Mr. Cocky. Mr. I will kill you with my stare but I am just oh-so-so sexy that you are going to melt like ice cream on a scorching summer day Warner. Well, obviously this didn't make many people very happy. The tension was thick in the air and only held the promise for getting worse. Except Warner wasn't the evil man that they all knew and despised. Well, of course he was, but there was something different. There was compassion inside that ruthless man. Not that he would show that side of himself to anyone but it was there. He was just a man with flaws, fears, pain and wild emotions coursing through him. He was human. It was so interesting to see this part of him. He was actually enticing. And entice Juliette is what he did. Not that Juliette planned to see the side of Warner that was decent and almost human but once she did, she could not turn back nor could she forget. There was something there but did she want to face it?
Juliette has learned so many truths throughout the course of this book and the thought on everyone's mind is.. what path is she going to follow? Will Adam ever be able to overcome the one thing that could keep he and Juliette apart forever? And will Warner revert to his previous self, not caring who he hurts or destroys if they happen to cross his path or get in his way. I like to think the good that is in him will continue to grow because that boy drew me in and captured me like a helpless butterfly. And I liked it. A lot.

Besides the fact that this story is truly phenomenal, Mafi has created a world so unique yet so utterly frightening that readers can't help but want to read more. I will certainly be on the edge of my seat whilst awaiting the continuation of the SHATTER ME series.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 20, 2013
Format: Hardcover
After my excitement for this series had been rekindled by Destroy Me, I was really looking forward to Unravel Me. I was sure my dislike of Shatter Me was a situational thing; I must have disliked it because of the headspace I was in when I read it! And then I realized it wasn't Unravel Me per se that I disliked, but it's heroine; it's pathetically whiney, dependent and frail heroine who showed no little growth since Shatter Me.

Before I get into all of the reasons why Juliette has ruined this series for me, I would like to comment on the one thing things I did enjoy in Unravel Me. With its stream of consciousness narration, Unravel Me manages to succeed at being incredibly fast-paced, even though almost nothing is happening during its 400+ pages. I will admit to skimming over most of Juliette's angsty monologues about feeling inadequate, which means I probably skimmed over most of Unravel Me, but thanks to almost nonexistent punctuation in between Juliettes' thoughts, Unravel Me reads surprisingly quickly for its lengthier size. Mafi's prose, while definitely of the purple nature, is also quite pretty even though it rarely makes sense.

"It's the kind of kiss that makes you realize oxygen is overrated."

This is where I almost put the book down. I should have known then, but I was promised a world of delights if I read through until Chapter 62, so I persevered.

As for Juliette, I'm going to quote from my review of Shatter Me, since it seems appropriate here:

"For the vast majority of the book, she spends her time crying/trembling/gasping/blushing, all while adamantly refusing to understand how anyone, but especially Adam, could care for her. This type of behaviour I could have forgiven, had she shown any growth. But it wasn't until the last few chapters that she went from being a weak, ridiculously melodramatic and frustratingly insecure protagonist into one with the glimmer of something resembling strength."

It's surprising that I could have written that without my quotation marks, you wouldn't have known it had come from a review of a different book! Juliette has seen absolutely no growth since Shatter Me; the description I posted above is equally as fitting in Unravel Me. You know how I know Juliette is supposed to have grown? Because she tells me so!

"I've come to realize that being away from him has forced me to rely on myself. To allow myself to be scared and to find my own way through it. I've had to train without him, fight without him, face Warner and Anderson and the chaos of my mind all without him by my side. And I feel different now. I feel stronger since putting space between us.

And I don't know what that means.

All I know is that it'll never be safe for me to rely on someone else again, to need constant reassurance of who I am and who I might someday be. I can love him, but I can't depend on him to be my backbone. I can't be my own person if I constantly require someone else to hold me together."

But guess what she was doing ten pages previous to this enlightenment? Sobbing on her knees, trembling in fright, and relying on someone else to pick her up.

I understand that Juliette had a tough childhood. I understand that she was tortured at a young age and that there will be psychological repercussions because of it. I understand that this might lead to moments of confusion/angst/self-pity/etc. But understanding and believing are two different things. I didn't believe that Juliette was acting out of some deep psychological torment when she played mind games with both Adam and Warner. I didn't believe that Juliette thought herself a monster, and that was the reason she was so afraid to learn how to control her abilities. And I didn't believe in her inner strength because every time she was pushed, she fell to the ground, crying.

As for chapter 62, I was too distracted by Juliette's complete and utter betrayal to enjoy any of it.
on February 11, 2013
SPOILERS ALERT:

It took me 8 hours to finish Shatter Me - it took me 8 days to finish Unravel Me. Guess that says it all about how I felt about this book - i.e. Unravel me is quite below par compared to its predecessor.

The reason this book did not work was because of Juliette. She's so scared and indecisive most of the time; cowering and escaping from her responsibilities and her power. The first 50-60% of the book is just meandering self-absorption and self-obsession on Juliette's part. All she's thinking about is herself, her own problems, her love life with Adam etc... The rest of the world can hang itself as far as she's concerned - or that's what it feels like to the reader.

Once Warner is brought into the picture again, the story gets a bit better. That is until she spoils it all again by not even trying to get information from Warner about the hostages. Instead, she's fixated again by her attraction to and feelings for Warner - and she's thinking about how he can keep distracting her from asking about her friends. If my friends were being held captive by a sadistic commander, probably being tortured for information, I doubt I'll be obsessing over how gorgeous Warner is instead of trying to get him to tell me about where my friends might be. Honestly, she disgusted me during these parts. Eventually, Warner is the one who proactively volunteers information about the hostages. She never even asks ONCE - she's never truly concerned about anyone but herself.

This is one of those books that made me angry, so I kept leaving it to read something else. That's why it took 8 whole days to force myself to finish it, to see if it'll redeem itself at the end. Sadly - it doesn't.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 19, 2013
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
I can summarize the whole book for you right here:

It's all my fault I'm sorry I'm so sorry I'm so confused confused confused I need to take some time to think about my feelings 1 2 3 seconds pass I'm still confused I'm so sorry It's all my fault. The End.

I've realized something - it's pretty much impossible to enjoy a book when you hate the narrator. I hated Juliette. In this book she is weak, pathetic and above all, SELFISH. No cool plot twist (there wasn't one anyway) or awesome supporting character (Kenji!) could completely make up for the agony of reading this story through her eyes. **SPOILER** The only times I liked her were when she went all loco and used her super duper strength powers, but those times were few and short lived. Then she'd just go back to her usual self-absorbed weepy self. When she gets shot at the end, I actually got a little hopeful that she'd just die and a different character would take over as the narrator. But no, those damn twins helped heal her. I hate them. Stupid twins.*END SPOILER*

My only enjoyment came from the scenes with Kenji and, to a lesser extent, Warner. Great character development for those two.

I hate leaving a series unfinished but I don't know if I'll be able to stomach the next book. I do want to know what happens next, and am a little hopeful that we see a better version of Juliette, but I just don't know. I didn't really like this one much.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
Now that Juliette is finally free from the Reestablishment she had hoped her life would be a bit easier, but that just isn't in the cards. It seems that even amongst people like her at the Omega Point compound, ones with abilities, she still can't escape the stares of fear. It would seem her reputation has preceded her, and she finds herself unable to fit in. The only bright spot in her day is the little bit of time she gets to spend with Adam, but even that seems to be less and less as Adam becomes further involved with the Omega Point rebel movements. And there's still the looming threat of Warner over her head, as he is a man possessed and on a mission to find her. Her mettle will be tested more than she ever could have realized as she will have to decide just how far she's willing to go to protect the ones she loves. A war is coming and Juliette will be in the middle of it all.

Juliette is such an amazing character, which only became more apparent in UNRAVEL ME. She's always at war with herself as she tries to suppress a staggering amount of power. Not only is her touch deadly, but she has the ability to utter destroy anything with a mere touch. Yet, she doesn't want to have this power, she'd rather hide it and pretend to be an ordinary unassuming girl. Considering what she had been put through in her life, it's a wonder she hadn't turned hard and utterly destructive. She's so very vulnerable and incredibly socially inept, and yet she holds such an incredible amount of power at the same time. Take about an insane juxtaposition. Although I will say that I started to see a change in her, especially by the end of the book where she realized that she doesn't have to go into auto-shut down mode over her abilities. That she could learn to harness them and use them to help the people she has come to care about. She's still got a long way to go, but I'm definitely proud of the path she is on now. Once she fully learns to embrace who she is, she will be a force to reckoned with, and I cannot wait to see the Reestablishment get what they deserve!

After reading SHATTER ME I was fully team Adam as I just couldn't see myself getting over my utter dislike of Warner. I mean I really despised him to the point where he made my skin crawl. He was just so cruel and heartless, I just didn't understand how anyone could possibly root for him. Then I heard that a lot of people warmed up to him after reading DESTROY ME. So, I gave it a shot, but while it showed that Warner wasn't as heartless as I thought, I still didn't see him as a love interest at all. So imagine my utter surprise that while reading UNRAVEL ME that my opinion of him slowly started to change. So slowly in fact that this change of heart towards him crept up without me even noticing. So now, due to some rather interesting plot twists, I am a utter mess about which team I am rooting for anymore. It isn't rare for the to be no clear cut choice in a love triangle, but it doesn't often happen that my "choice" will change without that particular guy doing something major to dissuade me from his side. So imagine my surprise that I find myself almost leaning towards Warner when I can't even figure out when that changed started to happen. All I can say is that this is how love triangles are supposed to be written. You are supposed to be torn up about the choices ahead, and I really feel the need to tip my hat to Tahereh Mafi for the incredible skill it took to pull this crazy triangle off.

I am in sheer utter awe at the incredible range and mix of emotions that I felt while reading UNRAVEL ME. Between the love triangle messiness and the horribleness that is the reestablishment, I was constantly on the edge of my seat. There is just something simply magical about the way Tahereh's words come across the page. I mean the writing is beautiful, eccentric, and lyrical all at once and I can quite honestly say I've never read anything like it. UNRAVEL ME is an utterly refreshing read that is simply not to be missed. I know I'll be counting down the days until the final installment is released.
Format: Hardcover
Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor after reading Unravel Me!!! I honestly don't even know where to start without giving a spoiler induced summary of everything that happened while flailing around the room. Unravel Me starts out with Juliette and Adam at Omega Point working with Castle to try and harness her powers for the good of the team against the Reestablishment. Of course things aren't as easy as it seems, and she eventually ends up working with Kenji, who is just too insanely precious for words.

And Adam? Oh sweet Adam. I don't really play the "team" thing in YA romances, but I have such a sweet spot for Adam, which is mostly wrecked in half when we meet Warner's half naked, tattooed adorned body. I pretty much melted to the floor. Who needs Fifty Shades of Grey when you have Chapter 62 of Unravel Me. Am I right? Despite this, I can't help but feel completely heartbroken for everything resting on Juliette's shoulders as she navigates through her feelings with Adam and Warner, her powers and not to mention everything else going on in this book.

Without spoiling things more than I have, I will say that Tahereh Mafi is, quite simply, a poetic genius with her words. We first saw this in Shatter Me, and the way she crafts her words on the page doesn't change one bit in Unravel Me. Much of my feelings about the characters and where the book hasn't changed since Shatter Me, so I'm very excited to see where the next book in the series will take us.

And can we talk about the cover? I wasn't so excited for the hardcover cover of Shatter Me, and absolutely loved the cover re-design. I don't think it matches the series, but they are stunning.
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
I absolute fell in love with the story and the writing in Shatter Me. I devoured Destroy Me and couldn't wait to get my hands on Unravel Me. Although dystopia is probably my least favorite genre and I tend to avoid the majority of dystopia books, I couldn't help myself when it comes to this series. Although I really like Adam in the first book, there was always something about Warner that fascinated me. Call me sick and twisted but I wanted to know more about the ruthless guy that he was and how he became that way. In Destroy Me, I got exactly what I was looking for and more. I was nervous going into this book because I was so torn over these two boys. But Tahereh Mafi made it easy for me to pick a team by the end of the book and I am even more excited to read more of this series.

After Juliette and Adam narrowly escape from Warner, they are now staying with Kenji at Omega Point which is a place for gifted people like Juliette. People who are planning a rebellion against The Reestablishment. Naturally, Juliette has a hard time fitting in. When new developments start tearing her and Adam apart, Juliette starts questioning her life. So she does the whole `I can't be with you because I'm too dangerous' thing. I have to admit, I rolled my eyes so hard at this point I swear I saw my brain. In her case I kind of got it though. Still, it was hard to see them both miserable, especially Adam! Luckily, Kenji was there to try to lighten the mood. Just when it looks like things might be getting better between Juliette and Adam, Warner is back in the picture.

Warner. *Sigh* It takes a talented author to make you swoon over a heartless killer. When I started reading Shatter Me and I kept seeing that there were actually people that are Team Warner, I thought they were crazy. Turns out I am now one of those crazy people, and proud of it. I tried to fight it. I tried to hate Warner for all the things he's done. I tried to stay on Team Adam. But I just couldn't fight it anymore! I really believe that Warner and Juliette are so much alike that they would be perfect together. They understand each other on a different level and they know each other's darkest thoughts. Warner wants and accepts Juliette exactly how she is and she is the only one that sees the real Warner.

Although this felt more of a dystopia than the first book, I still really loved it. With the same hauntingly beautiful style of writing as the first two books, Unravel Me is a very easy story to get sucked into. I was disappointed at Adam's development in this book though. He was mopey and miserable through most of the book. And with Warner saying just all the right things to Juliette it was easy to fall for him along with her. Plus, she shared some very intense, sexy scenes with Warner that were loaded with chemistry. (Chapter 62 anyone? HOT!) New developments, plot twist and so many good swoon-y scenes, Unravel was a hit for me. I want more! Kenji was almost my favorite part of this book (besides Warner)! He is so funny and is such a scene stealer but he also has a story. A story I very much want to read. I've said this before but I really hope the next novella is from Kenji's POV. Or more Warner. I can always read more Warner! If you have been thinking of reading this series, it definitely deserves a bump up in your TBR pile. You'll be kicking yourself for not having read this sooner.

4.5 out of 5 stars!

Some of my favorite non-spoiler quotes from Unravel Me:
- "I like when he tells me that he likes the way I feel because it goes against what I've heard my entire life and I wish I could put his words in my pocket just to touch them once in a while and remind myself that they exist."

- "I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body."

- "I want so many things," he whispers. "I want your mind. Your strength. I want to be worth your time." His fingers graze the hem of my top and he says "I want this up." He tugs on the waist of my pants and says "I want these down." He touches the tips of his fingers to the sides of my body and says, "I want to feel your skin on fire. I want to feel your heart racing next to mine and I want to know it's racing because of me, because you want me. Because you never," he says, he breathes, "never want me to stop. I want every second. Every inch of you. I want all of it."

- "Please."
He says "Please don't shoot me for this."
And he kisses me.
His lips are softer than anything I've ever known, soft like a first snowfall, like biting into cotton candy, like melting and floating and being weightless in water. It's sweet, it's
so effortlessly sweet.
And then it changes.

And just for fun (and because I couldn't help myself) here are a few of my favorite Kenji quotes:
- "I am not moody--"
"Yeah, bro." Kenji puts his utensils down. "You are moody. It's always `Shut up, Kenji.' `Go to sleep, Kenji.' `No one wants to see you naked, Kenji.' When I know for a fact that there are thousands of people who would love to see me naked--"

- "Okay, hold up," he says, turning to block my path. "We both know there's no way you haven't noticed all of this" -- he gestures to himself -- "so if you're trying to play games with me, I should let you know up front that it's not going to work."
"What?" I frown. "What are you talking abou--"
"You can't play hard to get, kid." He raises an eyebrow. "I can't even touch you. Takes `hard to get' to a whole new level, if you know what I mean."

- "Have you ever had a girlfriend, Kenji?"
"What?" He looks mortally offended. "Do I LOOK like the kind of guy who's never had a girlfriend? Have you even MET me?"
***
Read more of my reviews at:
Nereyda @Mostly YA Book Obsessed
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 13, 2013
Format: Hardcover
My Thoughts: This series just keeps getting better and better. I am really starting to enjoy Ms. Mafi's writing. It just flows with such ease, which allows you to be read continuously without taking any breaks. But now that its over, the wait to book 3 is going to be extremely long. However, I am looking forward to reading the novella Destroy Me and get to know more about Warner.

What I Liked: This book really took off for me. It was action packed, filled with good suspense and some nice hot scenes. There were also some very sad moments, moments that crushed your heart and moments were you found yourself feeling sympathetic towards someone, which you would not have before. And boy of boy there is an INTERESTING TWIST thrown at you that you will not see coming!

What I Didn't Like: Once again there wasn't much I didn't like, however the problem with reading so many YA books, is that after a while you are able to start predicting plot twists. And there was one scene in this book that reminded me a little too much of Cassie Claire's Immortal Instrument series, hence why I gave the book a 4.5 instead of a 5.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Format: Hardcover
I fell in love with Shatter Me. Like, it was love at first chapter. Getting the chance to read Unravel Me had me jumping around the room with glee. It.did.not.disappoint. Oh my gosh, it certainly did not disappoint. Actually, I had high expectations of this book and it exceeded them, which is insane. I cried at least three times throughout the book though it was probably more. They sort of blended together. There were chapters that were so hot I found myself fanning myself. After reading both Shatter Me and Destroy Me I went from being 70% Team Adam / 30% Team Warner to being about even. This book fluctuated. I actually think I may be slightly more on Warner's side.

As much as I love the love triangle between Warner, Juliette and Adam I really think my absolute favorite character is Kenji. We get to see so much of him and he has different sides. He has the best lines, hands down, in this book and he has such a vibrant personality you can't help but love him. He also seems so real. Not to mention, I should have counted the amount of times he said `***' in this book, it was definitely his favorite word. (My favorite saying from him is "Holy *** on a cracker") Kenji is so much more powerful than you could ever imagine. He is one of the best people Juliette could have around her. He helps her harness her powers and he loves to joke with her but he doesn't bullshit with her. He tells her how it is and I adore that about him. He is blunt and well, someone needs to be so I'm glad it's him.

Adam is so damn swoon-worthy. He truly is. I'm swooning over him right now, actually. He's so passionate and in love with Juliette it makes me incredibly jealous. My heart breaks for him in this book, hell my heart breaks for a lot of characters in this book but Adam is the first and the heart break never stops. He goes through an incredible amount of growth and discovery; I really can't wait to see what he manages to do in the last novel.

Juliette. Oh Juliette. Where to begin with you? I want to give her a hug. We thought we all knew the extent of her power but it turns out, she can become so much more than what she already is. It's actually rather frightening what she is truly capable of.

We also find out in the hands of one of the guys who loves her, she is a danger to him but in the hands of another guy, she can share her extreme power. It's quite a miraculous find...

Without writing a ten or so page review, there is not enough space for me to write about everything I want to write about. This book is so much more addicting than Shatter Me and I thought that book was like a drug. This book is like being addicted to everything with no restraint control whatsoever (not that I would really know what that feels like but you get my drift...).

Basically, if you've read and loved Shatter Me there is absolutely no reason for you not to pick this book up the day it's out. If you haven't read Shatter Me then I ask, why not? You really need to get on that. Unravel Me was so much better than Shatter Me which is saying a lot because I loved Shatter Me.

Reviewed by Jessica @ Step Into Fiction
on April 14, 2013
4.5 stars

'We have plenty of time, is what Castle should have said. We have all the time in the world, is what he should have said to me. But he didn't because what he meant tick tock is that our time tick tock is shifting. It's hurtling forward heading in an entirely new direction slamming face-first into something else and
it's almost

time for war.'

The sequel to the amazing Shatter Me, Tahereh Mafi really outdid herself this time, making obvious improvements and adding satisfying romance, heart stopping action and endless twists. Anyone who fell in love with Shatter Me will be absolutely speechless when they finish this whooping 500 pages.

After escaping to Omega Point where there are people with special gifts, Juliette feels finally free. Free from everything. Of the past, of her gift and Warner. And she is completely wrong. As war brews closer and closer, Juliette has to make her own sacrifices and actions that could possibly change everything forever. It's a triangle of death.

I am in love with Tahereh's words. They are so original and outlandish compared to other authors, and I love it for that reason. Didn't like the hyperbole and exaggerations in Shatter Me? Don't worry, there's barely any of that in here. None. Thankfully though, the prose still stays, as beautiful as ever, so entrapping that I loose myself in it at times. The voices Tahereh creates are so real and loud that they feel like they're shouting at me- instead of being in this pretty book. Is it the short sentences? Of the characterisation of the characters dialogue? Or even the imagery? Or maybe all of that together? I seriously cannot pin point what made me love this writing so much, but it's there, and that's all that matters.

For some time I refuse to talk about the characters, there is SO SO much I want to gush about Juliette but I think it'll go on forever. But in simplified version, Juliette changes as a character in Unravel Me, she becomes braver and more and more invincible in some matter, then packed with her blunt sense of humour... that just completely tops off everything. I relish her personality, it's so full of hope, control, clear minded-ness and most importantly, fortitude. Juliette really gets to show off her gift and kick ass-ness in Unravel Me. So be prepared to get blown away.

'"Do you like Shakespeare?" he asks me.
An odd segue.
I shake my head. "All I know about him is that he stole my name and spelled it wrong."'

Two of me favourite supporting characters were James and Kenji, while both hold totally different personalities, I love them equally. James is Adam's little brother who was also taken to safety in Omega Point, while we do not get to see him at all in the first half, when we do have his encounter with Juliette, I almost cried. I won't quote anything as its too precious to quote for peeps who haven't read Unravel Me yet but yeah...it's a real subtle and emotional scene that nearly tore me into two. James is so much like Adam, he's eager, thoughtful and straight minded, definitely the cutest little dude ever.
Kenji is one of those fun, playful characters, and Tahereh surely describes him perfectly. Kenji seemed to lighten every subject and make me laugh when I was on the verge of heart break or infuriating screams. Somehow, I felt that it killed the feeling too much and was overused a bit. But all the same, Kenji rules!

'"I am not moody-"
"Yeah bro." Kenji puts his utensils down. "You are moody. It's always 'Shut up Kenji.' 'Go to sleep Kenji.' 'No one wants to see you naked Kenji.' When I know for a fact that there are thousands of people who would love to see me naked-"'

Don't get me wrong, but I felt like the first half of the story was pulverised with romance. The story line felt slow as the book was focused on the romances more in the first third. But once things got moving, everything was alright.
In Shatter Me I was Team Adam.
In Destroy Me I was Team Warner as we got to see everything from Warner's perspective and made me feel horridly sorry for him and saw why he did such cruel things. Clearly, I had forgotten how much I loved Adam until
Unravel Me when I was Team I-refuse-to-choose I feel like I'm still leaning towards Team Adam but now, I have given a piece of my heart to Warner, who is still quite a bad guy in this novel. This is a great example of a good love triangle where I cannot even choose with absolute idea. For now, to make things easier, I'm Team Adam.

Dramatically addictive, Unravel Me will satisfy everyone, playing on each emotion possible to exist in this world. There is a killer cliffhanger that undoubtedly made me want to punch something. Oh well... Recommended to lovers of...ANYTHING. HA.