Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

86%
14%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 26, 2004
This is quite possibly one of the meanest/angriest and darkest albums in OOMPH!'s catalog. All the tracks are heavy metal rockers, it slows down on the track "Foil" however and gives you a hint of what's to come with their next 2 albums (Plastik & Ego). Dero's vocals are extremely angry on this album. Favorite tracks that remain stuck with me include: Anniversary, Gekreuzigt, Unsere Rettung, Willst Du Mein Leben Entern? and B#@#ard. People that are turned off by only German lyrics can be happy with this band, they usually do a 50/50 split in German/English. If you like this album I highly recommend that you go for their other albums as each one has their own unique sound.
on February 23, 2002
The band's first CD on their new record label, Virgin. One of OOMPH!'s greatest! It is very hard, yet on the song "Foil" Dero shows a bit of what is to come with the next album "Plastik" This song has some very well performed songs such as "Gekreuzigt" which also had an amazing music video. Dero's voice and anger is greatly amplified in this album yet some songs bring a sense of peace. A great album to choose if you're just getting into the band or if you just don't have it yet!
on October 6, 2010
The only difference between the older release and this one is the album cover. And I quite like both so I didn't really care which I bought.

This is one of Oomph's earlier albums created in the late 90's. It has a very dark and heavy mood to it. I like all of their music oldest to newest, but thats because I am very eclectic. If you only like heavy sounding riffs and hardcore singing, this album is inbetween the transition that they made. So you might like it. If you only like their new stuff that is more hard rock/electric sounding, then this might not be the purchse for you. If you are awesome like me and like both sounds, check this out!

1.Mutters Schoß (The intro song to the album. It sets the mood and the lyrics are very dark, the sound of a baby crying in the background, seems like a symbol of the loss of innocence.

2.Unsere Rettung (And straight to one of their most genius songs ever created. It starts out with the eerie sound of symbols and bells, then the metal comes into play. Dero's singing is growling and shouting, and he does it with a few points of melody. My favorite aspect of this song is the lyrics, if you know german or read the translation, its about the overly obsessive mindset of religious people towards the end of the world. And their chorus lyrics "Ave Satani et stupor et christi" is latin for "Hail satan and stupidity and christ" Very powerful.

3.Die Maske (Great song, most of the songs on here will be heavy riffs and hard vocals)

4.My Hell (starts out very soft, then blasts into insane metal, then gets soft again, then attacks you with its awesome metal. If the immediate tranistions don't bother you, this song is awesome)

5.Gekreuzigt (If you are a new fan of Oomph! and think that Gekreuzigt 2006 is good, then here's your chance to hear the original. In my opinion its the best, the only one that matches up is the gekreuzigt re-mix, not 2006. The music video is way better for this song, the newer music video is crap, and very strangely so. Its like Oomph! went through a small period of bad experimentation with music videos, and gekreuzigt 2006 was one of them, along with "The power of love" Which was equally bad (video-wise, I like the song itself though)

6.Zero Endorphine (Wonderful Instrumental, possibly meant to be an intermission.)

7.Willst du mein Leben entern? (Very interesting sound. I like it quite a bit)

8.(Why I'll never be) clean again (5 stars)

9.Unrein (The second best song on this album. It has so many different elements that its insane. Starts out soft, gets a little harder, then it goes insane. Then it gets into a really cool groove.)

10.Anniversary (Probably one of my least favorite songs, but it still has good elements to it. The singing isn't too special, I think thats why its not as strong. Otherwise the instrumentals are great)

11.Foil (A very beautiful song. Its soft for most of the time. But at a point it will go into a synth solo with drums and guitars, and its just epic.)

12.Bastard (when I first hear it, I wasn't too impressed. But after a while it really grew on me. There are points of the song that are "eh" and there are other points of the song that are "Awesome!"

13.Another Disease (Some of the singing in english of their early albums was a little awkward in composition and delivery. But it is easily overlooked when you listen to the music, and for the most part the slight awkwardness doesn't bother me.)

14.Meine Wunden (Insanity!)

overall a really good buy for Industrial Metal fans. This band is underappreciated in my book.
on May 31, 2003
i can't imagine not having this album. it is powerful, dark, and heavy listening. the first 4 tracks are like nothing else. that's not to take away from track 5 and on -they are excellent as well. i've listened to several new cd's lately and all the songs i find myself remembering, and singing to myself are from this album. i think my neighbors are afraid to knock on my door and tell me to turn it down when i'm playing it. did i only see one other review for this album? that surprises me, i thought there'd be maybe dozens, when i saw so few i had to contribute, i hope this helps anyone considering this album. it is my favorite oomph! album. i have defekt, plastik, and ego also.
on March 13, 2010
If you like high energy metal music then this CD is one to choose.
Unrein has a similar feel to Slayer but in German and some songs in English too.
Good to kick start your night or day. Oomph is a great band with clearly heard lyrics and awesome musical talent.
on January 19, 2015
One of they're best albums.
on December 29, 2005
I heared clips of these songs and thought that this was going to be a good fast and heavy oomph compared to their album Warheit oder Phlicht. It was a little bit more angry but all the songs were too long with slow parts that dragged the songs down. The singers voice sounds darker and meanier which was a plus but I didn't like it when he sang in english. Some of the songs had promise but they aren't that hard hitting. This cd is way too expensive so I bought it from another seller that said it was new but it was used and the last track scips.