Customer Discussions > Sherlock Holmes [Blu-ray] forum

Unskippable ads in the purchase version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2010 10:11:43 AM PDT
R. Pardee says:
Hey All,

I rented the SH blu-ray from netflix & loved the movie, but hated the unskippable ads that play when I first put the disc in. That disc had the word 'RENTAL' prominently printed on it, and so I'm *hoping* that there's a separate for-purchase version that does not have that 'feature'. Can any of you who've taken the plunge comment?

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 15, 2010 4:22:45 PM PDT
Sukru Tikves says:
Happening to me right now (Netflix disc).

We'll need to wait until VLC plays BluRays proper. They do have a skip function for DVDs, and I hope they will have one for BluRay discs as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2010 5:15:02 PM PDT
G. Jewell says:
I just encountered the same issue. Although it doesn't help for everybody who rents the disc to say "me too!", I wanted to add something else. I watched half of the movie one night, and was going to watch the rest the next night. Not only did I have to watch all of the ads again, but there was no way for me to skip directly to a chapter. I kept having to press the "next chapter" button while playing the movie to get to where I was before. This has to be one of the most annoying discs ever. I can't believe that any of the review sites didn't mention any of this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2010 5:39:16 PM PDT
R. Pardee says:
LOL--thanks for chiming in. I guess everyone who's actually taken the plunge has no reason to visit these boards anymore?

I hereby pledge to come back to this discussion if/when I ever find out if there are unskippable ads in the purchase version. And if I find out by my own purchase, I will post a (blistering!) review as well.

Crap like this (and not being able to pick up where I left off just by pressing 'play' on a powered-off player--like you can w/plain-ole' DVD) really detracts from my resolve to stay legit & keep away from the torrents...

Posted on Jul 19, 2010 5:34:07 PM PDT
chuck70 says:
i don't like any movies that you can't skip the ads..............sometimes its fun watching these ads if you haven't seen them in awhile but, i want to be able to control that!

Posted on Jul 19, 2010 5:41:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 19, 2010 5:42:13 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 25, 2010 11:48:29 AM PST
R. Pardee says:
Hah--got this for Christmas 2010. The answer is: it does start up with ads, but they are skippable in the purchase version.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 5, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions