Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on August 2, 2012
I really like Heather Graham and want to like this book, but she left me behind almost immediately. The murder of a diver in Lake Michigan by drowning with salt water in the lungs is just wrong. Lake Michigan and all the Great Lakes are FRESH WATER, I should know I live in MIchigan. I am tired of writers not bothering to research more than looking up a few facts on Google and running with it. Errors like that ruin stories for me because I then spend the rest of the book nit picking rather than enjoying the plot. A simple re-read by someone with just a little bit of knowledge would have prevented this.
on September 7, 2012
This entry in the Krewe of Hunters series moved into the storyline very quickly and maintained the suspense throughout. As usual, Ms. Graham's returning characters remain true to themselves, and she introduces new characters in such a way that I feel as if I am meeting them in real life, a writing trait that I prize. I also enjoyed the way she built on the previous book in the series, the Uninvited.
Mrs. F
on August 12, 2012
I usually love Heather Graham, but her writing is so inconsistent in quality. This book had a lot of melodrama paired with several unbelievable scenes -an FBI agent so incensed that he pulls a gun magazine out of a gun, breaks it over his knee, and throws the gun in a corner. Have you ever tried to break a magazine? You're an FBI agent-why would you have a hissy fit & disturb the crime scene like that? The characters just did not have any believability.
on August 9, 2012
The Unspoken by Heather Graham is the latest installment in series of stories about the Krewe, a paranormal investigative unit within the FBI. The Krewe stories are all stand alone, but not having read the other books in the series, I was lost in the first few chapters, as the back story isn't fully explained and references are made to other characters and past events. The basic plot of the story is good and kept me interested. The love interest between Katya and Will develops quickly but is well written. Sunken Egyptian treasure, ancient curses, paranormal activity and steamy love scenes are just part of the reason I recommend this book, however, I advise reading the earlier books in the series first.
on September 12, 2012
Just finished reading The Unspoken and before starting my review I decided to read some of the reviews. All though I agree with people that an author should research a subject prior to writing it, I'm not sure I would focus totally on those errors. I do a lot of reading and frankly have noticed that in 95% of the books I've read (in different genres) that there are mistakes in them. BUT when I read these types of fictional stories, either being mystery, horror, paranormal, romance, I am just looking for an escape. Not focusing on errors so much, but searching for that story that will temporarily take me away from my daily problems. The Unspoken was one that did.

Now on to my review. Another great story by Heather Graham. All though usually her books can be read by themselves, it does help to read her previous books. Especially the last one, The Unholy, to understand the story better.

As usually this had everything I was looking for in a story to get lost in. Intrigue, suspense, romance, mystery, action, etc. I am so glad that Will wasn't overlooked and he got his own story. I wasn't sure at first if I would like the pairing of Will and Kat, but they were amazing together. Major chemistry between them. It worked out well.

The story in itself was intriguing, so many possible suspects. It had me guessing until the end. All in all, it was a great story, even with the mistakes. But to me that's what makes me a fan of hers. Her books have always been interesting, a great escape, that it's worth just reading for the story itself.
on August 17, 2012
The Unspoken is an enjoyable read. I suspect that if I re-read it, there would be clues I missed during the first read. That is a refreshing thought for a book in the para-romance / mystery genre. The story feels like an old Hollywood mystery as Kat unravels psychic dreams and chases mummies. The romance portion of the book is okay. The sexual attraction is a dawning awareness. If you need gritty urban violence, punctuated with foul language, and super graphic sex scenes... move along. if you enjoy a savvy heroine with a couple of vanilla sex scenes and a foul villain - pick this book up.
on September 10, 2015
I have read almost all the Krewe of Hunters books and this one is not bad. The plotting is interesting and the villan is not completely obvious. The male and female leads are reasonably attractive. I usually skip the sex scenes because they are pretty silly but all in all I enjoyed this Krewe book. As someone noted, it's unusual for the deceased to have seawater in his lungs when he drowned in Lake Michigan.
on September 6, 2012
This is on par with the rest of Heather Graham's books--a pretty good mystery with some hints of supernatural thrown in, a romance, --just the kind of book I love. I have enjoyed all of her previous books but enjoy the bonding within each of the two Krewe groups and the group dynamics. I read the part about searching the catacombs at night while the house was quiet and got some delightful chills. Heather does know how to produce atmosphere in her books.
on January 10, 2014
This is the second Heather Graham book I've read. The first being "The Unholy." I did like this one somewhat better than "The Unholy" simply because I liked the subject better, but all in all it didn't do that much for me. In thinking over why it occurs to me that what her writing lacks is suspense. She could be a script writer for a TV series or movie, but for a novel there just isn't that much to keep you reading. I have one more of her books to read because I bought a set of three, but after that I don't believe I will buy anymore books by this author.
on July 16, 2014
If you haven't read any of the Krewe of Hunter books yet than it is best to start at the beginning just so you will recognize what characters go together but not necessary for a good read. I haven't read a Krewe book yet that I haven't loved and immediately gotten the next in the series. There are also some of Adam Harrison's characters in 8 of her other books before the Krewe books started.