Unstoppable Global Warming Every 1500 Years

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 1, 2008 11:30:13 AM PDT
Seeing Eagle says:
"Unstoppable Global Warming Every 1,500 Years," by S. Fred Singer and Dennis T.Avery. It is easier to just call Dr. S. Fred Singer a corporate bag man for big oil like most of my friends call him. Just go about your life and pretend this book does not exist nor the excellent review of the state of atmospheric science Singer and Avery carefully set forth. You may not want to hear their arguments even though Signer was the head of the IPCC years ago. My gosh, to listen to them present their charts and research makes it sound as though our Sun and Sun Spots and their 1500+- year cycle (each filled with smaller cycles) is "the" determinant factor on climate change. For that to be the case the Nobel Prize Committee would have to have ulterior motives! Sheeeez! Surely we can find a way to vilify Singer and Avery and continue to divert attention away from actual awakening reality of their work and into our more popular hate and soul consuming rhetoric railing against them. Most my friends do, so it must be trendy. But then, you may be unique and different than most my friends. I warned you! Singer and Avery remain environmentalists even still. What gives?

To understand the visceral hatred expressed through some of my friends for the work of Signer and Avery, it helps first to try and perceive my friends do not accept that it is even remotely possible Singer and Avery can serve the higher truth even in the face of the scientific evidence that Signer and Avery absolutely base their work on the scientific process.

My friends' world is perceived differently. All known creation is a living organism including all space in our universe creating the embodiment of the Transcendent, of which you and I are a part. In the subconscious of the Green movement, all life is perceived as interconnected energy streams flowing from "form" to "form." "Form" (you and I as well as all other materializations known to us) is energy perceived as function in an unbroken flow amongst all other forms. The universe is a fabric, a matrix of energy flow passing from form to form; each of us is an extension of the Transcendant, but our awareness is evolutionarily and culturally blocked from seeing the connections and energy flows unless found by the full personal spiritual mystical experience of enlightenment, there being several pathways to that experience.

Singer and Avery's science and observations, all perfectly proven and accepted through the scientific process documented and footnoted, add nothing to the Green movement's consuming passion but narrow focus to politicize the healing process of Mother Earth and allow Earth to heal. For the Greens, Mother Earth has been raped by Mankind's taming of Nature and industrial processes run to the extremes stemming from the Biblical imperitive that mankind exists at the top of the pyramid of life. Signer and Avery are viewed as a dark force, a cancer of an alternative reality Greens "know" must be rejected in order to heal Earth and bring all its energies back into balance. Balance will be known by the Greens when it is found; they will know it when they see it.

Green's "enlightenment" stems from a core body of truth emerging from the the 21st century reconnection with the "pre-Christian perceived truth of existence: God and nature are not seperate; the universe around us is suffused with the divine; it is an animistic world that we live in." (Thomas Riedlinger on The "Wondrous Mushroom" Legacy of R. Gordon Wasson, from Ralph Metzner - see further reading #27 below).

The Green movement has become a politicized religious movement. In regards to the mission to "heal Mother Earth" there is no room for the concept of "probability of error." Greens perception of truth and the needs of Mother Earth healing process is driven by mystic awareness acquired through divine insight and is therefore above question by mankind's deluded science whenever the science conflicts with the Greens' political goals.

Implementing mystic "reality" or mystic "experience" into the political reality of our existence leads to a "probability of error" in translating "mystic knowing" back to political power. Greens ignore such concerns of "error." Greens focus on ideals and cite science only if it supports their mystic vision and political cause and they fail to realize, distinguish or accept that the free market industrialist serves human needs with positive outcome. All industrialization must be relegated to their definition of healing Mother Earth. In the Green world, human life is relegated into a new balance and human suffering (your economic struggle to survive) may have to be part of the new balance before balance can be reached and sustained and Mother Earth thus healed. Their ends justify their means. Your existence in this dimension is therefore expendable. Your right to collectively choose life and prosperity must be relegated to the higher cause of Healing Mother Earth.

One does not appease the Green by saying, "but I am an environmentalist too." Perhaps you believe in conservation, especially clean water and clean air, a chemical free environment, sustainability of agriculture, diversity of life, and a balanced healthy food supply, and that carbon dioxide is not a pollutant but essential for life as we know it, or that carbon dioxide has self-regulated before and can do it again with offsetting plant-life growth which feeds on the carbon dioxide. This statement would constitute Green dogma heresy even if supported by scientific fact. You would run afoul of Green's trendy mantra in its current iteration (Oct 2008). You would be rejected as outside the high-most inner loop of enlightenment.

The problem with any mystical experience is the "probability of error" in translating mystic observations back into real world applications. Even the Disciples of Christ wrote differing experiences with Christ. The Jews place much weight on the Talmudic process of debating all outcomes and leaning on the weight of their Sages. Islam allows multiple opinions and leans on the weight of their Scholars (clerics). The old religious systems compared to the Greens seem to listen to opposing views as they evolved, I do not see those desirable old world characteristics in the Greens which have not passed the "Inquisitional group-think posturing" of religious evolution as yet.

Once "error" is introduced to the process it flows at ever-accelerating rates creating a supercharged group-think mentality of suppression of individual liberty and individual expression of will and a form of political correctness that takes on more and more of the characteristics of intolerance at an accelerating rate. This is always the risk and problem associated with a movement becoming a religion, becoming a political party.

.....Or something like that, I could be wrong.

http://www.PeaceandConflictResolution.Org/

Posted on Nov 21, 2009 10:22:47 AM PST
ChakraTease says:
Well said, Seeing Eagle.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2013 9:22:48 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 14, 2013 9:23:31 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 14, 2013 9:25:39 AM PDT
WTF!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years
Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years by Dennis T. Avery (Hardcover - September 13, 2006)
4.2 out of 5 stars (239)