4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!
You've surely seen a video by Mr. Vijicic. If you are like me, I imagine it held your attention. He's a Christian and an advocate for folks with disability to live life to the fullest, to reject the stereotypes that disabled individuals often face, and live beyond discouragement.

Published on October 8, 2012 by Jimmy R. Reagan

3.0 out of 5 stars Definately inspiring
Initially I wanted to read the book, because I was really interested in Nick's life. I was so inspired by the impact of his life and conferences around the globe. Last september he was in Mexico and his speech was broadcasted in TV.

Published 24 months ago by Angel Roman

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, October 8, 2012

This is his second book, here published by Waterbrook Press, that follows up his very successful first volume Life Without Limits. The cover gives you an idea of what you might be in for with this book and Mr. Vujicic. The subtitle"The Incredible Power of faith in Action" accurately defines the ground he covers.

The book begins with him telling you how successful and busy he has been. If that were to hit you wrongly, he will quickly mute it when he tells you the emotional crisis he has gone through the last few years. He relates that although the first book and speaking ministry have been successful, his company almost crashed at the low point of our economy. This shortly after he had expanded the company, hired new people, and let his parents pull up stakes to move here from Australia to help. His Dad is an accountant and a classic believer in fiscal responsibility! He fell into deep depression and really spares none of the gory details when he tells the story. What he learned and how he dealt with it is worthy reading. He relates to a secret suicide attempt in childhood because of the sadness of what he imagined his life would be. He encourages us in showing how he, a motivational speaker, had to relearn a lesson he should have known well. I can relate to the relearning thing for sure.

In another story he tells about the highs and lows of the journey of God bringing his wonderful wife to him. It is as gripping as a novel, except he draws out real life lessons from the ordeal. You find yourself cheering when he gets her.

The rest of the book is not as good, but he addresses practical matters illustrated by stories of people he met along the way of his ministry. His dealing with bullies, since he had much experience with it, was well done.

The book is in no way theological. It is motivational, with a big you-can-do-it push. It does declare on several occasions that the Lord is also critical to handling adversity, but that is not so carefully brought out. Still, for what this book tries to do, it really succeeds. You will be inspired!

I received this book free from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 .

5.0 out of 5 stars Unstoppable, October 4, 2012
Nick is at it again. This book is a book of hope. It reminds people that they have a life purpose and meaning.

"I've found that when I'm most confused about God's plan for me, when I'm seriously struggling to figure out what I should do to serve His purpose, He will place someone in my path or create a situation to reveal that purpose or to test whether I walk the talk" (19).

I like that Nick was real about his own struggles and wanting to help others get back on track. "If you feel yourself sliding into despair, drained of energy, and depleted of faith, ask yourself, 'What matters most to me? What gives me joy? What drives me and gives my life meaning? How can I get that back" (46)?

"When God calls you to do something, you may not understand or be enthusiastic at first. But you should always be passionate about Him, which means you will do anything for Him" (80).

I really liked reading about how Nick met his wife in chapter three. He shared his own insecurities about finding true love and it is so beautiful to read about how God planned it all out for him and Kanae.

I am thankful for the testimony Nick Vujicic continues to share through his ministries and books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Definately inspiring, January 4, 2013

The main topic of the book is about the "power of faith in action", going beyond our limits, physical or mental. And put into action our words or our beliefs. Nick's faith is well presented on each chapter, you can easily feel how he honors God in everything he does, and writes. His own life is an extreme example of the topic, and I'm sure it's not only inspiring to those with physical disabilities.

Unfortunately there were many things I didn't like about the book. First the long chapter about love and relationships, where Nick shares his love story of how he met his wife Kanae, and his advices on the subject. I'm not sure if it's only me but I found the chapter obviously personal, maybe too much actually. And there's a point where Nick shares his view about his past relationships, which according to him were allowed by God to learn. Let me say I'm not agree with that thought. We were given free will to take our own decisions, good or bad they'll have consequences and only by God's grace we learn from those bad decisions in the future.

The other thing is that half of the book, or more, is filled with personal experiences from other people: tv stars, students, ministry people, etc. They're awesome testimonies about putting faith into action, they're good examples of faith and courage, but then the book itself seems to be more a "collection of" inspiring testimonies than a book written by only one author.

I'm sure that Nick Vujicic's life example will continue to reach more people to give their best in life, and hopefully give themselves to God. But I'm sure he has more personal wisdom to offer from his own life experiences and relationship with God.

Disclosure: I received this ebook for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living Life with Unstoppable Faith, October 28, 2012
Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic © 2012 written by Jackie Paulson (BOOK #2)
This is the second book Nick has published. I want to thank Blogging for books for a free copy for my review. Vujicic is pronounced Voo~yi~chich). His disability did not stop him from enjoying adventures, fulfilling and meaningful career, and loving relationships. His goal is to share with you the unstoppable power of faith in action that has helped him create his own good life.
Nick wrote this book as he was so inspired by people who asked him for advice and guidance in dealing with challenges in their own lives. The chapters cover topics that were asked of him the most and include:
* Personal crises
* Relationship issues
* Career and job challenges
* Health and disability concerns
* Self destructive thoughts, emotions and addictions
* Bullying, persecution, cruelty, and intolerance
* Dealing with matters beyond our control
* How to reach out and serve others
* Finding balance in body, mind, heart and spirit

Nicks desire is to help you and inspire you to overcome whatever challenges you face.
I love the photos from years ago until now in the middle of the book too. What a personal touch!
Thank you blogging for books for my free copy for my honest review.
© 2012 Jackie Paulson

5.0 out of 5 stars Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic, October 21, 2012
Amazon Customer "Gail" (Jackson, SC, United States) - See all my reviews
I received a copy of Unstoppable from WaterBrook Multnomah. I have never heard of Nick Vujicic before reading his book. I was blown away by how Nick has overcome the odds of being born without arms and legs. Unstoppable is a book that focuses on circumstances that many people face everyday. He talks about personal crises; relationship problems; health and disability; and even bullying.

I was so touched by his story of what happened in Mexico and how the power of prayer can make all the differences in all of our lives. Nick Vujicic is the director of a nonprofit organization Life Without Limbs. Since I
loved reading this book I plan on reading his previous book Life Without Limits. As a parent of a child with a disability, I would recommend this book. For no other reason that it reminded me that just because my child has a disability, she is still a person who can do anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and full of joy!, October 21, 2012
Once again, Nick writes from the heart about life and its challenges from a God perspective. He paints a clear picture that God created each of us for a purpose and that God uses our disabilities or challenges to connect with others. This book is a great reminder that we all have value and purpose and that when we reach out to others, we are blessed in return.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible book!!!, October 17, 2012
Nick was so candid and transparent about his life and struggle, and I like walking beside him on his journey. It was such an encouragement to me during my current spiritual walk, and I am sure whoever reads it will be lifted up as well!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Book Review - Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic, October 10, 2012
Jeff Randleman (Southwest Missouri) - See all my reviews
I love reading stories about overcoming adversity.

And that is exactly what Nick Vujicic has done. Born without any arms and legs, Nick could be expected to give up, overwhelmed by the difficulties of life facing someone with such disabilities.

Nick did no such thing.

In Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action, Nick describes the power of faith and how it has enabled him to do things he, or anyone else, ever thought possible.

In the book, Vujicic talks about his struggles, from being bullied to thoughts of suicide. he talks about lessons learned, from faith and love to financial difficulties. And he talks about dependence and independence, depending on God more and depending upon himself less.

Here's what I liked about Unstoppable: Nick tells his story, and it is fascinating. He also adds the stories of several people he has met who have overcome tremendous obstacles in their lives, and how they have stayed faithful to God in the process.

On the other hand, though, there were a few things I didn't like about the book. While the content was excellent, Nick's writing style aggravated me. It didn't flow well, and jumped around too much. Some chapters were hard to follow because of this. It seemed, at times, like rambling.

All in all, I enjoyed reading the book. And the points he made in each of his chapters were solid. This is a book I can certainly hand out to teens in my youth ministry who may be struggling. I'm sure it will be encouraging to them, as much of it was to me. I'm sure it will be to you as well.

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from Multnomah Books as part of their Blogger Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Read Unstoppable Again and Again, September 4, 2013
You've probably heard of Nick Vujicic. You may have even read his book, "Life Without Limits" or heard one of his inspirational speeches. I had heard of him only in passing, but his story intrigued me. This book touched a deep part of my soul and awakened a spirit of hope within me.

From the first words in the book, I felt as if Nick was speaking to me, as though he was sitting in my living room carrying on a conversation with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the voice of the book and felt immediately at ease with the heavy topic at hand. "Unstoppable" is about "faith in action" ~ how to work your own faith and make it become an active part of your every day life.

I felt deeply moved in reading Nick's recollections of his early struggles, how he candidly spoke of his suicidal thoughts, and general sadness, and of how he overcame the pain in his mind with the faith in his heart. I felt honored to have this insight into his personal strife and inspired by the strength of his faith to overcome that in amazing ways. Nick has a gift for sharing the hope in God's word, and he succeeds in doing just that in this book. I recommend this book for anyone in need of inspiration and an uplifting of the soul.

I received this book free in exchange for my honest review ~ from Blogging For Books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for anyone who faces adversity, October 8, 2012
This book is full of heartbreaking and heart wrenching stories. Nick builds those stories into his message of "unstoppable" and how his faith has gotten him through some horrific situations as well as how his faith has helped so many others get through their dark moments in their lives. It took me a while to read this book. Although the end result is an uplifting message, there are so many depressing stories that I just couldn't fathom too hardship at a time. Many of the stories make me wonder if my faith could possibly be that strong. So many messages are universal. Even if you don't have strong faith, the messages Nick relays are often that of determination, communication and understanding.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has or is encountering some struggles in their lives. Although the book does drag on at times, the messages are clear and easy to incorporate into any of our lives.

Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action
Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action by Nick Vujicic (Paperback - October 2, 2012)
Used & New from: $3.97