The poverty rate in the United States has not dropped significantly since 1965. And if we continue to expect government and social services to take care of poverty without the help of individuals, nothing is likely to change. That's why the Circles Campaign has captured the imaginations of people of conscience across the United States, including educators, social workers, community organizers, faith leaders, business leaders, and politicians.
The Circles Campaign is an action plan that brings together the best efforts and resources of individuals, organizations, communities, and government in a program proven to raise people out of poverty.
Until It's Gone shows you how to:
- Define, recognize, and approach the problem of poverty in America
- Get started in building Circles out of poverty in your community
- Expand social networks and connect with others outside your comfort zone
- Be a bolder ally to those in need
- Become a transformational leader wherever you are
- Eliminate the barriers confronted by those in poverty
Praise for Until It's Gone:
'To achieve community sustainability, we must address issues of economic justice, which can occur only when there are relationships of mutual respect among the classes. The process that Scott Miller identifies to allow those relationships to develop is pure genius.' --Ruby K. Payne, PhD, author of the bestselling A Framework for Understanding Poverty
'Scott Miller offers us practical hope that we can end--not just reduce--poverty through a change in the ways we think and respond.' --Vicki Robin, co-author of the bestselling Your Money or Your Life and co-founder of Conversation Cafés