- Paperback: 245 pages
- Publisher: Authority Press (2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1467503487
- ISBN-13: 978-1467503488
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.8 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (55 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #401,915 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Unveiled, the Transforming Power of God's Presence and Voice Paperback – 2011
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. What people do wrong and how far away from God's standards people are
2. How bad the world is becoming as a result of the wrong behavior
3. The low number of people who know what right and wrong are
4. Tons of biblical references proving what right behavior is and what wrong behavior is
5. Stories of what bad people do contrasted with what good people do and how blessed they are for doing good things
6. Closed with a plea for more people to change their mind about good and evil, commit to do right things, and live a happy life as a result
... then this book is not for you.
Everything in Christianity hinges on how people:
1. View God and how he interacts with creation
2. Respond to the Gospel of Christ and the power of his life, death, and resurrection
3. Know God, hear his voice, and allow his full power into our beings and experiences.
4. Respond to hearing God and His power to live in the fullness of knowing Him and who they are in relationship to Him.
Alan Smith is a master at walking people through their own journey of God unveiling the eyes of the heart so they can see who He is, who they are, and how he is fully available to do immeasurably more than they could ask or ever imagine.
I literally took the book and began a journey of memorizing every scriptural reference and praying through the contexts Alan walks us through. What a journey!!!
If you're looking for a powerful tool to walk you through seeing God, yourself, and the world more clearly - then this is for you.
If you're looking for a great resource to learn to discern God's voice most clearly - then this is for you.Read more ›
He challenges the notion that we are supposed to disciple people by either education or rules. That hit home because every "discipleship" program I have ever attended focused on one or two of those areas -- and usually both:
Step 1: Study God's word. Learn about God more.
Ste 2: Apply what you learn -- which is usually disguised as a bunch of rules: read the bible more, pray more, fast, tithe, achieve a deeper walk.
But it doesn't seem to work. So you decide to try harder. Which doesn't work, so you try harder... after awhile, you become so disillusioned that you give up. But that lasts for only a time, and then you decide to give it one more go by trying even harder.
Interestingly, this methodology IS in the Bible... its what the Pharisees practiced.
Jesus didn't make disciples that way. The people who had their lives changed didn't do it by learning more, or trying harder... but by having a face to face encounter with Jesus.
This is pretty much the premise of the book, and it is powerful. I just wish that he wouldn't have been distracted by some rabbit holes he jumps down.
The book is worth reading. But not what it could have been.
Among other personal enhanced skills, corporate worship will NEVER be the same. Personal prayer time will NEVER be the same again. I just want to pay it forward! Last full paragraph of Chapter 7, page 127....yes, please!!!!
Going back after Christmas to reread UNVEILED cover to cover and savor yet again.
That is all. Read it for yourself...enJOY and grow.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is an excellent read. Alan explains the spirit of God in a receivable way.Published 6 months ago by Kenneth Chinn
Save yourself time- read first three chApters and last one. Everything in between is typical pastor speak, thick, hazy, and seemingly disconnected from the rest of the book.Published 8 months ago by J. Middleton
This book helped clarify how God's presence and voice are real and accessible. I recommend this book for those wanting to draw closer to God and want practical steps to do so.Published 13 months ago by Dobbie
Will likely buy the hard copy as well since I will want to reference & re-read all the things I highlighted in my kindle version!Published 13 months ago by VBS
This book will move you to go deeper in your RELATIONSHIP with The Lord and motivate you to pursue a conversational communication with your Lord and Savior.Published 21 months ago by D. Mohr
Awesome insight into the reality of who I am and who God is and how He sees me differently than I see myself.Published 23 months ago by Bryan Shoemaker
For many Christians, myself included, the Bible has been taught to be the way we hear God. (Or should I say the primary way we hear) Alan explains that God speaks to each of us... Read morePublished on December 31, 2013 by Jamie Willis