Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

Format: Audio CDChange

on August 31, 2009
Now this is music, i love the way it has a mix of old school, hip hop, jazz, mixed all together to come out with thier own flavor. It's my on the road travel music, makes my drove so easy. All my friends and family that hear it love it too, they have to have a copy. I'm hooked.
on January 7, 2008
This CD is awesome. If you love and know hip-hop but at the same time enjoy jazz, then this cd is for you. All the songs are done so well, that you would think these were the original ones. The jazz is very relaxing and not overdone, so it's perfect to study or sleep to.
on November 27, 2006
I recently bought a few box sets for myself and for all of my friends who are music fans. This box set brings the combination of the hip hop beats that I love with the instrumentation of Jazz which you just can't beat! Where else can you get a 4 cd's of straight hit music! Also, the way it is mixed, you can play all of the discs all the way though and it sounds like you have a DJ at your house spinning for you! I actually used it at a party that my friend was having the other day. If you live in the ATL, you probably heard about this on V103. A friend of mine heard it there blowing up. A definite must have for you an anyone you care about who loves music.
on September 7, 2007
Have been listening to the series for years, and stumbled across this box set. Based on the style (hip hop/jazz) alone, I did not think twice about paying full price for this set. Yes, one must be a lover of BOTH Hip-Hop and Jazz in order to appreciate this style of music. The musical interpretaion/substitute for actual lyrics are well done, and keeps you enjoying the tunes.

You can take your pick from smooth grooves such as "One more Chance" & "Summertime", to more hard cuts like "Lean Back". I mostly have found myself enjoying the variety of songs differently, with good solos standing out on songs like "Treat Em Right" & "You Got Me", to only name a few. Also there is a strong latin influence present throughout this set, appearing to fit very well into songs like "Always on Time", "Lean Back" and "Still Not a Player". I was curious about how these songs were going to be executed, and I must say they ar nicely done in relation to the originals.

If I have to give any negatives, it would be on some of the percussion, but only on a few cuts. There does appear to be frequent percussion/scratching towards the end of some tracks, which lost me on some songs. But by this time, you may be ready for the song to be complete anyway.

On a positive note, this set makes me actually enjoy some songs in which I never really cared for the original artist. I guess by interpreting these songs Hidden Beach has accomplished what they set out to do with me... bring great jazz music, and also establishing true appreciation for original hip hop.
on November 21, 2006
Hey Unwrapped Fans:

I just picked up the Unwrapped box set today and its a must have for all of the fans of the series. I like the way Hidden Beach re- sequenced the album and so it is not just like having all four volumes of the previous cds. In addition, they added some videos and have a little write up on each song and as usual Steve McKeever has his interesting liner notes that go over some of the history of the project. A Must have for any Unwrapped fan, new or old....
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2013
I was excited to get four CD's for such a great price, however all of the songs were kinda similar. Overall the CD's were boring.
on April 16, 2014
If you love old school music... you will absolutly love thes easy listening jazzy CD box set. Everything is included
on March 29, 2011
If you have not purchased this box set do it now. This is the most relaxing music. I started listening to it when I was younger and it really changed the way I view music as it is so relaxing and you can play this for any occasion. No foul language to deal with.I usually play this CD when I am cleaning the house as it really keeps me going.Being a middle age man I can relate to most of the sngs as I listened to them growing up. It truly brings out the music especially if you have some great speakers or headphones.They sound great at my office through my Dr. DRE headphones.A stress releiver and mood setter for sure.
on September 14, 2008
I simply LOVE this 4 disc collection of music! It gives you a great, smooth blend of hiphop, R & B and jazz infused together. You get hours of bumpin' music ranging from artists like 50 Cents to Barry White!
I played the CD's as background music for my 40th birthday party and everyone enjoyed it and wanted to know where I got it.
It's also good music to play while driving on long road trips and when you want to kickback and unwind. If you're a music lover, you need to add the Unwrapped CD's to your collection.
on February 21, 2013
Wow! What an awesome collection of today's hits with a smooth jazz twist. Of the 4 CDs the 4th isn't as good as the first three, in my humble opinion, but still worth the price of the set. Wish I had known about this for my recent road trip to Santa Barbara. I'll have it for next year's annual pilgrimage!