Sony STRDH720 7.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $169.49
Wii Upconversion Lag? Have others experienced a lag between audio and video when outputting a Wii signal over HDMI? The review below mentions a problem with this, and I'm wondering if others have had the same experience.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3TPJCPHOD8OK8/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004QOA92A&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=

I'm deciding between the 720 and 820. The 820 has a variable A/V Sync offset, which the 720 does not, so I'm thinking I might need to get the 820 if this is an issue. It's important to me that all of my video inputs can be output to single HDMI cable.

Thanks for all feedback.
asked by Matt Wright on June 18, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Update: I went ahead and bought the 720, and have not had any problems with lag on my Wii. I have the Wii component cable going into the 720, and a single HDMI cable sending all of my video to a projector. It looks and plays great.
Matt Wright answered on July 29, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I wonder whether the component video cable might be the key. Perhaps the user who had problems was using a composite cable instead. I'm about to order this receiver and try it with my component cable.
Andy B answered on July 29, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Matt, thanks for posting this. I had the same question and couldn't find an answer. Is it possible that the latency the reviewer perceived is due to upconverting the signal to 1080i, and you are simply converting the analogue to digital signal without changing the resolution? I'm not clear on whether converting implies *up*converting, couldn't really find an answer... but based on your feedback I think I'll give this a shot.
Scott Beuker answered on November 26, 2011

A
Scott, glad you found the post useful. I believe the Wii's max resolution is 480p, so there's some conversation going on, maybe? Like you I don't really understand the details on this stuff. I do know that I haven't had problem at all with audio and video being out of sync using the 720.
Matt Wright answered on November 28, 2011

A
Hi, just purchased Sony STRDH-720 and would like to connect my wii using component cables. The problem is no image is being displayed when i connect the cables in.

Could someone point me in the right direction as to which imputs to connect the composite leads into and also the audio leads?

Thank you

Alistair.
A. Roberts answered on January 7, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The wii might not be compatible with this thing because it doesn't have HDMI input.
Jeremiah D. Hereth answered on August 14, 2012
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product