Automotive Holiday Deals Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > SCRABBLE forum

Uploading an active game doesn't work

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 29, 2012 1:36:38 PM PST
Every time I try to go back into a game the program takes forever to start. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 5:50:55 AM PST
It is definitely a bug of some kind - I'm having the same issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 6:04:03 AM PST
Thank you Claudia. I thought I was doing something wrong. I hope someone comes up with a solution. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but this didn't help. I am a scrabble fanatic and I have players waiting for my next move but I can't get to the games. UGH!!!!

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 7:19:07 AM PST
I am in the same predictament. It won't load at all but will allow me to play single games? Very frustrating.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 5:56:54 PM PDT
Meredith Low says:
Same issue here. I need to unistall and install and then it load my games. Very annoying. I need to do this at least once a day.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 8:02:16 PM PDT
JEN says:
I have same issue, but I returned my k fire for other problems. With the new one, it bringss up games better and faster. I have lost ongoing games...all disappeared at once. That was very frustrating. Wondering if playing at peak times strains the system. Geek squad couldn't give any answers.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 4:49:44 AM PDT
I uninstalled the program and reinstalled and it seems to work for a while. This is only a temporary solution until it happens again. I have a feeling that being linked with facebook might slow the program down.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 8:48:59 AM PDT
All the same issues with the game on my Kindle Fire. I called tech support and just gave the textbook fix which is to clear the data in "applications" or to
reinstall the game. Both work only temporarily. One would think by now they would realize there is a problem with the software that needs to be
fixed and just refund people's money and take the game down until it is fixed. They are stealing consumers' money.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 7:58:24 AM PDT
JEN says:
All my ongoing games just disappeared. What's that about? This is the 3rd time. Now I have to start all new games and cant reestablish connection with a favorite opponent. Why isn't there decent tech support or improvement?

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 8:07:10 AM PDT
Try to uninstall and reinstall the app. Also you have to sign back into your accounts, both Scrabble and Facebook if you have it. This should bring back your games.

I did find one way to circumvent the situation of and it works most of the time. Pick a random game and when the game comes up, delete the game. It will say your scores will not be affected and give you the option of going back to the main page or start another game. Go back to the main page. This should bring up your old games if you have any.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 1:01:21 PM PDT
greened3 says:
I've had the same issue and what just worked was to logon to Origin and then logon to Facebook on the Origin options page. Although I was already logged on to the Facebook app, Scrabble didn't recognize it and I didn't see the Facbook icon before I logged in.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 2:31:56 PM PDT
I have the same issues and it gets old but I do the same thing that Barbara does to get to the main menu. I also think that if you have a lot of games going at once that will bog it down. I don't think it is the Kindle though because my sister plays on a Nook and has the same issues.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 8:55:35 AM PDT
Thanks for that message. I was glad to hear it was not just on the Kindle. I hope they resolve this soon with a new app update.

Posted on May 5, 2012 8:48:13 PM PDT
Dora Totoo says:
the app won't update to my saved games. It keeps trying to update... then finally says "something went wrong" please pull down to retry.... over and over. I have uninstalled, re installed to no avail.

I went on vacation on April 1st, got back April 16th, I let my online opponents know I'd be gone, but I haven't been able to log on to my games since I got back, no way to contact my online opponents either... dang. I miss my midnight scrabble before I go to sleep.

I am wondering if this bug came with the update to the single player part of the app, seems like the issue arose when I downloaded the update.

Posted on May 6, 2012 4:34:32 AM PDT
Make sure you are signed in to all your accounts, i.e. facebook and scrabble accounts. This may be the problem.

Posted on May 12, 2012 10:58:12 PM PDT
Donna Stapp says:
I have the same problems mentioned in the above. Extremely can take hours to make one move because I have to wait and wait for it uninstall and reinstall and them still wait forever for it to update. Evenw when I'm logged into FB it thinks I'm not. It really wasn't even worth the $2.99 I paid for it's down to $1.49 and I don't think it's even worth that. The prroblem keeps getting worse as time goes by, as well.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 6:19:47 AM PDT
K. Locke says:
Thanks. After my games disappeared again I tried signing into origin and found them!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 6:35:25 PM PDT
Have you found an answer to the Scrabble game not working? I have the same problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 9:54:21 PM PDT
Dora Totoo says:
it worked for a bit, now I am having the same problem. Like someone else mentioned, if I start anew game with a random opponent... then I can see ALL my games and play them, then I just delete the random game before really starting. I have to do this every time I turn on my kindle... kind of a pain!

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 9:35:40 AM PDT
Same problem, ongoing games won't load...fix it programmers!

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 9:54:48 AM PDT
Donna Stapp says:
@Sir Walter: This is just a discussion thread. You need to send your request for fixes to customer complaints:)

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 12:09:32 PM PDT
H. Hanford says:
Hi, I had the same problem with this game, but it's fixed now. I went to and scrolled through the "solutions" (which don't work) until I finally found a place to email them. It was hard to find!!! Because it was so difficult to find, I wasn't particularly nice in my email, and I said either fix it or give me my money back. I never heard from them directly, but, once I left that email, I got an update on my Kindle which fixed it and now it works, even if I'm on FB or my iPhone app for Scrabble.

Hope this also works for all of you - I know it's a pain.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:39:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 12:40:09 PM PDT
Donna Stapp says:
Where or where did you find the place to email them??? I've searched high and low!

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 12:46:32 PM PDT
Meredith Low says:
I play and had the issue. All of my games are through FB even though I play through the Scrabble ap on my Kindle Fire. To resolve I opened the Scrabble ap, signed on to Origin, signed on to FB and then signed out of Origin. Once I did that once, the problem does not happen anymore. I learned it from another post thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:57:42 PM PDT
H. Hanford says:
Hi Donna,
I know it's a pain. Go to (after you've signed in or created an account.
At what kind of issue, type "scrabble" (Kindle won't come up), keep trying issues until the gray areas of "contact us" are lit up and you can then contact them. That's the only way to do it that I've found. Hope it helps!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  SCRABBLE forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Feb 29, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
SCRABBLE by Electronic Arts Inc.
3.7 out of 5 stars (6,062)