An Upraised Chalice sets the tone for anyone ready for their own journey of discovery. Those who would drink from O Neil s chalice of understanding will find its contents full and complex. Near death encounters, a travelogue to the world's spiritual places and their impact on his life and understanding make for a fascinating blend of self-inspection, pilgrimage, and revelation that holds many possible truths that will resonate with many readers. O'Neil's search in a way can be identified as the modern dilemma of 'everyman': "There is a growing sense among many that something major is missing in our civilization - a lack of moral compass, a lack of direction. Many are looking for answers." And the crux of living lies in these questions: "The years turn into decades and sooner or later, (hopefully later) sickness or accidents happen and all are again confronted with the big questions: Why? What's next? What has this life that I've lived been about? As one begins to consider their own eventual departure: What have I been able to do to make things a little better? What have I passed along to make others' lives more beautiful?" --D. Donovan, Midwest Book Review
The remarkable story of a lifetime quest by a modern-day mystic of his world travels and then integrating his experiences back into professional life in America. But what is really interesting here are the practical disciplines that he incorporated into his life that paved the way for his survival in multiple near-death experiences. A fascinating and thought-provoking read. --David Tame, author The Secret Power of Music and Beethoven and the Spiritual Path
About the Author
About the author: Gene O’Neil is a family man, a builder, and a world traveler. He has long been a student and is also a teacher. After a lifetime of extraordinary adventures in studying and experiencing first-hand the teachings of the Great Masters, he wrote it all down so that his children and others might benefit. His background includes:
- A lifetime of studying the Great Masters’ teachings.
- An epic solo quest to the world’s sacred places.
- Great adventures and miraculous divine intercessions.
- Multiple near-death encounters (in the Himalayas, south India, and America) highlighted by Archangel Michael’s intercession, detailed herein.
- Hosting of group-meditation retreats and conducting presentations on the Masters and the Path for 3 decades.
- 15 years operating an Internet marketing agency.
- A 20-year career in professional aviation as a flight instructor and corporate pilot.
- 7 years in aquaculture; designed and build a state-of-the-art aquaculture facility in a passive-solar hatchery.
- Raised a family on a self-sufficient homestead that he built in the mountains of southern Vermont. The homestead was powered by a small hydro-electric plant that he built and operated for 17 years.
- Living long enough to write it all down.