Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on May 6, 2013
The palette from this seller is fake. I have a friend who bought her Naked Palette directly from Sephora, and we compared our two palettes after I received mine. Her colors are so much more vibrant and the colors themselves don't even look the same. The packaging is different, the sample of the Primer Potion is different, and the brush is different. Do not waste your money on the palette from this seller simply because it is cheaper.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 3, 2011
**IMPORTANT EDIT** When I bought my Naked palette on Amazon, it was being shipped and sold by Sephora (who also sells through Amazon). Sephora is a registered retailer of Urban Decay products. I can't speak about other people selling it, but if it's coming from Sephora or elsewhere that sells UD, it's legit.

Original review:
I had been eyeballing this palette since it's initial release, like so many other makeup lovers. Of course, what put me back was nothing other than the lack of availability - or when it was available from anywhere that wasn't Urban Decay themselves, it was up to three times as much as retail price!
Stalking various sites that carry Urban Decay, I watched and waited for a little green "In Stock" logo followed by a price no higher than $50. My patience paid off and I got lucky enough to order from this seller for $48 (but I see they now jack up the price to as high as almost $100 when supply is limited, which is an uber bummer.)

Overview:
This palette comes with 12 full-sized Urban Decay eyeshadows, making this a steal and a half. Individual full-sized shadows sell for $17 dollars from Urban Decay. if you bought all of these colors individually (and you couldn't, five are exclusive to this palette) you would spend $204. This palette saves you $156, even more if you count the cost of the packaging and the brush that is included with it. There is also a decent sized mirror that comes covered with a protective plastic film upon opening the palette (mine's still on but it can be removed.)
The palette itself is wrapped in a gorgeous chocolate brown velveteen cover with the word 'Naked' printed beautifully in gold on the inside and the outside. It's very portable - it fits in even my smallest bag - and these eyeshadows can easily be used for a day-to-day look and amped up easily with the darker shades for night time or smokey looks. Most of the colors included are pinky/mauve toned cream colors, mulchy browns, bronzes/golds/browns, and a couple of silver/black/grays. Even if you are more of a color-wearer, there will be circumstances where you'll wish you had this palette and these colors! (Picture day, wedding, job interview, or if you just want a light, golden/bronzey or smoky look with a punch!)

Loves:
The colors are amazing. Absolutely beautiful. I'm more of an original UD girl (I love my rainbow colors!) but I have found these gorgeous 'neutrals' to be both "wearable" for the more reserved, and I have also found them having enough pizazz for even the most unique makeup junkie.
They are very smooth and blendable - I mean very! Some feel almost literally creamy. They require minimal product to produce enough color for an even, opaque consistency on the skin (especially when paired with the Primer Potion, my all time favorite primer. You get a little bottle of it with the palette to try out!).
You get two mattes which is always nice to have in a an earth-toned 'neutral' sort of palette. Urban Decay's mattes are some of the best I've ever used, comparable to MAC squared (in some instances better) in my opinion. The mattes are also in the most wearable colors; a light brown and a darker brown called 'Naked' and 'Buck'. There is also a black color called 'Creep' that has little blue colored sparkles in it (not a glitterbomb like Midnight Cowboy or anything!)that are very subtle but adds a little kick to the black color, which I love. The last color in the palette, a blue-gray silver entitled Gunmetal, is probably one of all time favorite eyeshadows ever.
My favorites in this palette are probably: Sin, Toasted, Hustle, Sidecar, and Gunmetal. Half-Baked could probably sneak in there, too. There aren't any I dislike, aside from the fact Sidecar can have some glitter fallout so it'd be best to do your foundation after and perfect your technique to avoid it as much as possible!

Dislikes:
Biggest gripe: Increased price for the now included brush. Previously, the Urban Decay Naked Palette came with a dual ended 24/7 liner in Zero and Whiskey. I would have much preferred that to the brush. I would pay the increased $4 for the eyeliner. The brush isn't bad, but odds are if you are buying this palette you have a brush to use with it already. Even if you don't, while the brush isn't bad, I've used cheap brushes that work just as well. A lot of people kept complaining about every newer UD palette coming with the Zero liner because they end up having multiples. Well to me, I can never have enough QUALITY black eyeliner and I personally don't have that many Zeros as it is. Even if I did, I would gladly welcome more freebies/cheapies of this wonderful eyeliner. :)
Another gripe? There isn't a matte highlight color. While Virgin or Sin can be used, some people (myself included) would rather do a matte highlight with shimmery lids/crease colors to tone it down a bit. I have done looks using this palette solely and they turn out fine, but most days I do pull out a matte color to accompany my makeup.
What isn't a gripe for me but may be for other people is this palette does have colors that have been in other palettes (like every other UD palette ever made) like the almost always included Smog. I don't mind because I like Smog, but I just wanted to include that.

General consensus:
If I run out of this palette I will buy it again. It IS a permanent item but UD didn't really expect this much demand for it, so it's just on back order! Keep your eyes open, wait, fill out the "alert me when this item is in stock" form from Urban Decay, but DO NOT spend more than about $50 for this palette! I would and have recommended this to a friend, and I am in love with this palette and have used it every day (on myself and others) but once since I got it about a week ago.

edit: the brush ended up breaking on me and the gold lettering that reads 'Naked' on the outside is coming off. The second, is not a big deal. The first is a serious bummer. I take good care of my brushes, so that shouls not be happening! :(

...but I still love this palette.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 24, 2013
I trust Amazon and thought I was getting a deal. I know Amazon is not to blame for this seller's product, but Amazon should SHUT THIS SELLER STORE DOWN for selling fraudulent products. Claims to be Urban Decay, shows photos of the real Naked Palette (including the primer potion which you get with it), but what comes is a knock off with half-filled pans, a different brush, and heaven-knows-what for ingredients.

DO NOT USE THIS PALETTE. Demand a refund immediately. You don't know what it is made of and some may be incredibly harmful. Since this is an illegally made knock off do NOT take your chances that the creator may have cut many corners with regard to healthy/safe practices in manufacturing and ingredients.

Am petitioning for a refund and will ship back or toss in the trash.
on June 20, 2013
This product is NOT authentic Urban Decay. If you've never used the Naked 2 you may not notice, but it is definitely a knock-off.

It took a close inspection to figure it out, but this is how you can tell (with photos):

Do not buy this product from this seller. Find a reputable cosmetics dealer like Sephora and order it. It's the same price. I love Amazon and often use it for the Prime Shipping, but they need to do something about this seller passing a knock-off as genuine!
on February 15, 2013
I have been dying to get this palette for a long time now. My husband got it for me for Valentine's Day. It is a fake! I have compared it to the actual Naked palette in Sephora. The item came from China! Even though the seller said it was from Sephora. As a result the colors aren't very pigmented. I am very disappointed and urge you to just get the item from a department store or Sephora instead of Amazon. Amazon, please make sure your sellers are being truthful before people spend good money on products. Thanks.
on November 12, 2012
I'm not entirely sure that this product is even REAL.

First of all, the shipping tracker was completely off.

Secondly: the packaging was awful. The bubble wrap around the product wasn't even sealed down properly. There was a flimsy piece of sticky tape holding it down. When I opened it, the packaging around the product had been ripped.

The product itself has issues too. There appears to be dried glue on the top of the lid near the letter D. On the inside, the words NAKED are in a completely different spot and are all scratched up.

The eyeshadows themselves look NOTHING like the UD eye colours. Specifically Buck, Virigin, Sin and Half Baked. They're all muted and not nearly pigmented as they should be. Four of them were cracked and the primer potion was leaking (and does not look like the real thing).

I have requested a refund. Even if this is the real thing, it has come completely destroyed. Not happy at all. AT ALL.
on April 3, 2011
I love Amazon.com and think they do a terrific job. However, I removed this item from my wish list and they asked why so I could help improve their site and that's why I'm doing this....

This EXACT SAME palette is available for $48 at sephora.com (vs. the $80 + here)

So I gave it 5 stars because it's an Amazing item but I'd give the price 1 star.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 4, 2011
Okay, so I buy all my makeup from drugstores, so I couldn't understand why an eyeshadow palette would cost close to $50. But after seeing all the hype about it, and seeing how pretty the colors looked I decided to check it out. I went to Sephora and lightly ran my finger over the "Half Baked" color. I was surprised to see a highly pigmented beautiful gold swatch on my finger. I could immediately tell the difference between this shadow and those you'd buy from a drugstore. If butter came in a powder form, this is what it would feel like. And after it got it on my finger, I rubbed it against my arm, expecting the color to wear off; usually, with cheap eyeshadows, you rub your fingers together and the color's gone. Not with this one.

Also I have heard many people say that this is *the* palette for creating almost any look you can imagine (that doesn't involve bright colors), and upon seeing the colors in person, I think so, too. The packaging is also quite sophisticated looking and compact. Seeing that these are so pigmented, I also imagine they will last quite a while.

My only complaint about this product is that I know it used to come with an eyeliner. Now it comes with a brush (still has the small primer bottle). While the brush is very nice (looks too nice to even use), I would much prefer the eyeliner. It's sort of silly that they bumped up the price for the brush, when I think most people would rather have the eyeliner, as I've heard that Urban Decay's liners are incredibly smooth.

SO that being said, I still think this product is overpriced, but it is probably worth your money. You won't be disappointed with the quality. And because the colors in this palette are so great, I can see this becoming my go-to palette for daily wear. If you have this palette and you're traveling, you don't need to carry much else with you as far as eye makeup goes, other than eyeliner and mascara. Oh and there are LOTS of great tutorials on Youtube using this palette, as it is SO popular, so have fun!
on February 6, 2013
Did not like at all its soooo fake, copared to the one in shapora and can not compare at all... will never buy from this seller for false advertising and one more thing did not come with the primer like showed in the picture.... not happy buyer as you can see.
on July 9, 2013
I bought it as an original Naked palette but when it is arrived it was fake and this is a bad way to sell a fake palette as the original and also the price is the same as the original although it is fake.