Urban Fantasy Series suggestions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2011 11:16:49 AM PDT
I am looking for suggestions on a good Urban fantasy series to read. I have been an avid Fantasy reader and have been in love with the fantasy genre since reading the hobbit in high school.

I have recently discovered Urban Fantasy and have found it to be a bit of a guilty pleasure. My favorite Authors are Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind, Brandon Sanderson and Jim Butcher.

I have read all of Jim Butchers work as well as Patricia Briggs and Kim harrison are there any other good Urban Fantasy series out there???

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2011 8:19:13 AM PDT
A. Poole says:
Based on the authors you say you like you might also want to try

Kevin Hearne - Iron Druid Chronicles
Ilona Andrews - Kate Daniels Series
Seanan McGuire - October Daye Novels
Karen Chance - Cassie Palmer Series

These are all urban fantasy books (NOT paranormal romance, which if you are new to the UF books you'll find that it is sometimes hard to get the two genres seperated). Ohh, and you didn't mention George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire Series, if you haven't read these yet, and you are a fan of Terry Goodkind and Robert Jordan, you should absolutely read them (they are traditional fantasy books).

A good website to check out when you are trying to find new books is goodreads.com, they have a section called listopia, just go to "best urban fansasy series" and it gives a long list of options. Happy reading!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2011 8:20:08 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 25, 2011 8:20:40 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2012 5:28:31 AM PDT
Marg says:
I just finished a very interesting and well written urban fantasy book. It's set in the future and has great underlying messages written in a fun, interesting way that kept me very engaged. Check out "Whatever Became of the Squishies" by Claire Chilton. Great priced book and I don't think you will be disappointed. Great for adults and children! You will love the main "heroes" and hate the villains pretty quickly. Carla is purple and lives in a green colony....the author does a fantastic job touching on some very serious issues without coming across as preachy. I loved it! The 2nd in the series is due out soon.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 3:57:11 PM PDT
The Zodiac Series by Vicki Pettersson
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6)
River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6) by Patricia Briggs (Hardcover - March 1, 2011)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (572)