4.0 out of 5 stars It's Alright!!!, May 31, 2006
This review is from: Urban Knights VI (Audio CD)
I looked up the cover of the then-upcoming release of Urban Knights VI and realised it was different from I-V,so I really wasn't expecting to hear the regular urban knights sound.I had a problem with this album:the new material was low.However,they did justice to all the tracks on the album save for Track 5;from Stanley Clarke's "School Days" to Ramsey's "close Your Eyes and Remember"&"Memorias Belias" as well as Usher's "My Boo",you could feel them get the message across without making you realise they were doing remakes.

However the standout is the Wayne Shorter lassic "Footprints".This was a suprise for me in that I expected them to add a little extra or two to the song,but the y rendered it practically note-for note,and I liked it.I think the suprise factor came from Nick Bisesi's flute hovering over the tune to add a real smooth flow.

"Fall Forward" and "Sly" are well-laid tracks,as Bobby Broom tempts us to check out his solo effort "Clean Sweep"as a reminder.

In general,the Ramsey influence is still there,what with Kevin Randolph and Frayne heavily involved in the project.The legend adds a few piano chops to his own song "memorias Belias".It's a good album,worth buying.Wouldn't say it's the best Knights album:II and III are definitely vying for that title.But it doesn't fall short of the Urban standard that we've become familiar with,even if the line-up (and the album cover format) have changed

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for several tracks, February 10, 2007
This review is from: Urban Knights VI (Audio CD)
I have all the Urban Knights CD's. A lot on this CD is weak and non inspiring. Fall Forward track is excellent jazz and toward the end of the track you are transported into another dimension (almost wish they had recorded several more minutes of this track). Come Back Jack is a solid track. The CD is worth it for these 2-songs. The rest of the CD goes fairly dull after that!

5.0 out of 5 stars From NC and I think this is a Great CD, March 1, 2006
KaG Pirate (Greensboro, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Urban Knights VI (Audio CD)
I listen to the CD Urban Knights VI at a book store here in Greensboro North Carolina. Upon listening to the CD's first track I was at peace. I waited about 1 and 1/2 weeks to buy the CD. That was a mistake I should have bought it that day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Urban Knights Vi, April 8, 2013
This review is from: Urban Knights VI (Audio CD)
My favorite song on this album is, MY BOO. If you have a Boo, you will like this tender, romantic song that you can dance and or listen to all night long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Urban Knights VI, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Urban Knights VI (Audio CD)
Great purchase! This was my first CD that purchased by Urban Knights; I really enjoy every song on the CD. Therefore I will purchase the CDs that Urban Knights produce prior to Urban Knights VI.

5.0 out of 5 stars VI is #1, March 23, 2005
Jerry Clark "Mouse" (Nashville, Tennessee United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Urban Knights VI (Audio CD)
I love the Urban Knights series but I must say this one (VI) is my favorite. I am enjoying how Frane Lewis put this one together. With the addition of Bobby Broom on guitar (Clean Sweep - when will that album be reissued)and Ramsey's influence this cd is on the top of my list to buy.

Jerr Clark WFSK 88.1FM Fisk University Radio Nashville, Tennessee

4.0 out of 5 stars the "CD BABY ALL STARS", April 9, 2005
chiburns (T dot-O dot, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Urban Knights VI (Audio CD)
come together to make the best jazz cd of 2005 and I rate it only 4*'s. That's how mediocre jazz releases have become in the past year. Sly and Fall Forward are actually outstanding tracks (go download them on i-tunes for 99 cents each-burn them on cd then rip them to .mp3 files-voila! they're yours). Other top Jazz CD's for 2005 are of course Flipside by Jeff Lorber, Soel's-Memento (don't sleep on this) andd King Britt's Chicago (not NY) Chill Suite-"On the Seventh" which is actually elevator music for the Hyatt Hotel chain. Also, keep an eye out for something called Black Gold Massive in MAY-they have loose ties to "Down to the Bone". Let's hope the state of jazz improves in the coming months-peace....

4.0 out of 5 stars Knight of Knights, May 11, 2005
This review is from: Urban Knights VI (Audio CD)
I do not understand how the guy from NC thinks this cd is weak. I personally think this is the best one yet. Ramsey and these guys really out did themselves this time. This is a must have cd if you know anything about jazz. Outstanding work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet Another One, April 8, 2005
This review is from: Urban Knights VI (Audio CD)
I have every cd that Urban Knights has released. All of them are very excellent cd's. I must say this has to be the best one to date. If you really want some high quality music this is a must purchase.

Urban Knights VI
Urban Knights VI by Urban Knights (Audio CD - 2011)
Rate and Discover Movies