Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on October 2, 2000
There is no question in my mind that this has to be the worst movie ever made. I don't think I have ever seen a more blatant collection of abhorrent acting in my entire life. It starts with an overly-emphatic Ice-T warning viewers of impending violence and vulgarity, but he neglects to mention the utter stupidity that plagues the entire movie.
Despite my negative review, I would actually recommend seeing this movie as an incredible insight into the pseudo-gangsta lifestyles that Americans continue to support economically. Be sure to pay close attention to the dialog of "Big Pun" and "Fat Joe." You will know who they are, the names are quite acurrate. Not only are they completely inarticulate, but even trying to deduce what actual words are being spoken is virtually impossible.
on October 14, 1999
To call this garbage is to insult garbage. What the @#$% is Ice-T thinking, producing junk like this?!?! There is literally not one redeeming feature to this "film", save the music (which IS slammin'!). Albert Pyun cements his rep as the world's worst filmmaker, with his ridiculous filters and those long (!!!!!) stretches where people. . .DO NOTHING AT ALL! Ice, I'm your biggest fan dude, but manure like this will destroy your film career faster than you can say "OG". I give this film an "F". Cube's doin' "Three Kings" (one of the best of the year) and you're in this?!!! Think about it T. Your music is unparalleled; get the films on point. Peace.
on December 2, 2003
MUCH OF THE CAST AND THE CREW FROM ''CORRUPT'' HAVE REUNITED TO MAKE THIS TERRIBLE ACTION/HORROR MOVIE. A PREACHER [SNOOP DOGG] SEEKS VENGEANCE AGAINST A CRIME SYNDICATE THAT BURNED DOWN HIS CHURCH AND KILLED HIS FAMILY. LIKE ''CORRUPT'', IT'S REALLY SHORT, IT'S CHEAPLY MADE, IT'S FILLED WITH ICE-T SONGS, AND IT'S UNDENIABLY BORING. I ONLY WATCHED THIS BS JUST TO SEE THE LATE GREAT BIG PUN. EVEN THOUGH THIS MOVIE WAS JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER THAN ''CORRUPT'', IT'S STILL A HORRIBLE MOVIE. THE MURDER SEQUENCES ARE VERY CORNY AND VERY UNREALISTIC. THE SPECIAL EFFECTS ARE OK, BUT THE MOVIE IS VERY VERY WACK. SNOOP DOGG DID THIS KINDA ROLE MUCH MUCH BETTER IN ''BONES''.
on April 24, 2001
First of all, I don't wanna diss Ice T nor Snoop Dogg. But I feel that I must warn everybody about this ridiculous movie. Not only the movie is ridiculous but the price too! The fight scenes are very fake (you can see that they don't even touch each other ever). The shooing scenes are even worse. No special effects were used what so ever. Snoop Dogg & Ice T both got better movies out there, so just stay away from this one! PEACE!!!
VINE VOICEon July 3, 2005
You'd think with all of Albert Pyun's years in the film business, he'd improve to some degree. He's always been a hack, but sometimes he'd come out with something enjoyable. The Sword and the Sorcerer and Cyborg weren't great films, but fun. Since the mid nineties, Pyun's been cranking out movies like there's no tomorrow....And they're all friggin' horrible! Dreadful! Awful! Rotten! Crazy Six? Corrupt? Adrenaline? Wrecking Crew? Pyun has managed to make the worst direct-to-video movies sitting on the video store shelves. Like a bad case of syphillis, it looks like Pyun isn't gonna just go away. Who greenlights these films? His name should send up tons of red flags and have producers and distributors booking the next flight to Puerto Rico. Well, Urban Menace may just be the worst of the bunch. Never before has a 75 minute film felt like friggin' Ben-Hur. 75 minutes seems long if someone's sawing through your leg with a hack-saw for that amount of time, and Urban Menace is right on par with that....maybe a bit longer even(it doesn't help that you'll pause it every few minutes to get up and do something more exciting or useful like picking up the living room or taking out the garbage) . Basically the whole film is shot in a warehouse with a camcorder and some rappers. Ice-T is the floating headed narrator(a movie this plotless and juvenile needs no narrator) who warns the viewer not to watch the film if they're offended by Shootings, stabbings, explosions, bodies on fire, and other assorted mischief. I doubt they could afford a campfire with this film's budget, let alone a body on fire. The film is sprinkled with snappy dialogue and witticisms that put Kevin Smith to shame; Lines like, "Go smoke a blunt, that's all you're good for". That quip was brilliantly delivered with panache by Big Pun. And how the hell did Pyun get these rappers into this film? Pyun must have had some photos of Snoop Dogg naked with an aardvark, coz there's no way Snoop could have agreed to do this on his own free will. As for Ice-T, I don't think the man has ever turned down a single script sent to him. And Big Pun doesn't seem bright enough to realize that he was actually making a film. I simply cannot recommend this film to anyone, not rap fans, action fans, or even bad movie fans like myself. I guess even I have standards when it comes to bad films.
on October 5, 1999
I have just viewed this movie and it is the biggest waste of film ever. I wish I would have come to this web site and read all the negative customer comments first so I would have known not to rent it.
The actors were horrible, the action was phony as phony can get. There was a scene in which Snoop had a gun in each hand shooting at his enemies. He must have fired at least 20 shots from each gun and I don't know of any pistols that hold 20 bullets.
They used too many cuss words, too. I am not the type of person who doesn't like movies with swearing but it gets VERY irritating when every other word (literally) that comes out of the actors' mouths are cuss words.
The props were bad too. No blood. Snoop was killing people with knives and guns and I don't remember seeing any blood anywhere. It might be because it was so boring that I wasn't paying attention.
Also, I would like to know how anyone could kill off all those people by himself. It can't happen. At first he was using stealth. That was a little more realistic because the bad guys couldn't see him. But when he was standing out in the open shooting, I think some of the hundreds of bullet flying in his direction would have hit him.
DO NOT BUY OR RENT THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!
on June 15, 2004
this movie is absolutely ridiculous, you have to be kidding me this is pathetic
on October 19, 2003
Looking at the cover and reading about rhe movie made me think: "Dang, this can be one funky movie with Snoop Dogg and all" but watching the movie almost made me puke.
First of all the filmmakers are using some really weird filter which makes everything seem all fluffy and weird. And the sound is very weird as well, as well as the camera-work.
And there is no introduction in SNOOPS mission, the movie starts in a factory in Russia and ends one hour later in the same factory.
And the only words that the "actors" are saying are stuff like: "Dang, I wanna Smoke some W**d" and "M****erF**ker, Kill That N***a"...
If I would have made the movie It would have been 200 times better
on December 27, 1999
This movie was painful to sit through. I just knew that it had to get better, but it never did! Please don't waste your time seeing this one.
on October 6, 2007
Albert Pyun is a strange director. Some of his movies are very enjoyable while others are just incompetent in every way. "Urban Menace" falls into the latter category. The story is incoherent, something about a bunch of guys running around killing eachother for some reason we're never really told. Snoop Dogg was apparently some sort of priest of the church that burned down in the beginning of the movie. Anyway, I didn't care about any of the characters and was completely uninterested in the so called "story". The picture quality is extremely bad.

Watch this movie only if you want to see some of the most incompetent filmmaking available on DVD.