5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff ROCKS!
Published on April 14, 2009 by S. Meador

1.0 out of 5 stars Truffle Oil? Well, at least the oil is real.
Published on January 11, 2010 by A. Thompson

1.0 out of 5 stars Truffle Oil? Well, at least the oil is real., January 11, 2010
This review is from: Urbani Black Winter Truffle Oil
I'm flabbergasted by the glowing reviews that "truffle oil" is receiving on Amazon! Those of you espousing a desire to drizzle this stuff on your food might be sorely disappointed to learn that the truffle flavor in those tiny $[...] bottles of "truffle oil" are made in a laboratory. There's not a molecule of actual truffle in them. It's a sinful shame that's perpetuated despite being outed a few years ago in an enlightening New York Times article called "Hocus-Pocus, and a Beaker of Truffles." Read it and weep: [...].

And if you see "truffle oil" advertised on the menu somewhere, you might ask if they're using any other artificial flavorings in their dishes...

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff ROCKS!, April 14, 2009
This review is from: Urbani Black Winter Truffle Oil
I recently bought an Urbani 3-pack of oils to sample. It had this Black Truffle Oil, White Truffle Oil and Porcini Mushroom Oil. The Porcini didn't do much for me. It was too subtle. I did not like the White Truffle Oil at all. But the Black Winter Truffle Oil is awesome. It has a very strong earthy smell. I used it in a Gruyere cheese sauce over macaroni. It was too die for.

Urbani Black Winter Truffle Oil