Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Halo Reach forum

Using the DMR

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2010 7:53:09 AM PDT
IPhantom says:
First off, let me just say I'm not great at Halo. I'm not terrible either, but definitely one of the weaker players among my friends. The main reason for this is that I'm simply atrocious with the DMR. While I usually do pretty well with the regular assualt rifle, I literally getting completely dominated in every game of SWAT because the DMR is the primary weapon.

That said, is their any tips to using this weapon beyond just practicing? Any pointers are appreciated.

Posted on Sep 16, 2010 8:58:30 AM PDT
J. Hasbrouck says:
It's all about headshots. I'd recommend you get some aiming practice by playing some firefight and choosing the 'all grunts' option (its called something like gruntpocalypse or some crap).

That should give you plenty of targets to hone your skills on.

Posted on Sep 16, 2010 9:19:09 AM PDT
IPhantom says:
great. will defintely try that.

Posted on Oct 4, 2010 2:47:05 PM PDT
MadRaven says:
another enemy that's good for honing your aiming skills with the DMR in Firefight or campaign mode are Jackals, If they are coming right at you or have their shields turned toward you, aim for their hands at the notch in their shields to make them open up and then go for the head when they do, i've gone from being a lousy shot at distance with the DMR to almost sniper-accurate in just a couple of weeks this way

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 8:23:14 PM PDT
C. Hyland says:
I had a lot more luck with the DMR then I did the BR - another good trick is to make your shots count - don't squeeze the trigger as fast as you can - let your reticule reset, make your shots count. Another is to remember that as long as the enemy has shields shooting him in the toe is the same as shooting him between the eyes, as soon as you pop the shields, try to land every shot on the head. On normal difficulties I think it is only 2 or 3 shots to an unshielded elite's head to put him down.

Grunt birthday party is an excellent way to use Pavlovian behavior modification to train for targeted shots... Headshot on a grunt - confetti - *YAAAAAY* makes you feel kind of warm inside.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2010 9:44:55 AM PST
The grunt birthday skull is pretty awesome. Glad they kept it from Halo 3.

I train by shooting long range and only head shots. Makes it easy when your closer. Another is spin around corners and practice going right for the head, works on reflexes.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 3:39:45 PM PDT
MadRaven says:
Also, another good positive self-reinforcement is trying to shoot the helmets off the mid-level Brutes from distance in any Firefight missions can be amusing
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Halo Reach forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 16, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo Reach
Halo Reach by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars (1,410)