5.0 out of 5 stars Durable tent, weak stakes
Published 23 months ago by A. Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off not well enough described in Purchase description
Unit is missing a pole or two. One tent pole assy. Cracked. One strap for cover cut off and missing. Very disappointed that seller with held actual condition or tent especially at that price what a rip off not cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Published 16 months ago by Sean Kevin Keikialii Lyons II

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable tent, weak stakes, October 22, 2012
This review is from: Usmc Marine Combat Tent Military Issue
I've been using this tent since 1999 when my unit was first issued them, and I've used it in below freezing temps, desert heat, sandstorms, tropical downpours and one particularly severe hail storm. I even recall a sudden sandstorm in Qatar that knocked over all the port-a-potties and destroyed 3/4 of our large billeting tents, but no staked-down 2-man tents were even damaged (a couple did blow away because they hadn't been staked down at all). Even with the mistreatment that Marines give to supply issued equipment ("it's not mine, and if it breaks they'll give me a new one") I've never seen a tent fail to the point of being unserviceable. I didn't buy my tents through Amazon third-party vendors, but every Marine accumulates extra supply issue ("if they don't ask for it back, you don't give it to them") and I left the Corps with 5 tents of my own and still use them when I go camping. A camping trip I went on in the White Mountains this summer it rained heavily every day we were there and I did get some water bleed through, which is easily fixed by treating the tent and the fly with a spray water-repellant, but other style tents became completely saturated.

I'm 6'3" and have plenty of room to stretch out inside this tent, but it is short and I'm only able to sit or kneel hunched over trying to get dressed. I've never had to share one with another Marine (seniority has its perks) but my junior Marines were always doubled up inside and the vestibule provided plenty of cover for their packs. Both sides of the tent have horseshoe openings with screen windows, but the fly only has a horseshoe opening on the front, the back having just a vertical zipper. You can't tell by the item description pictures but the fly is reversible; desert tan on one side and either OD green or camo on the other. The stakes are hollow alluminum with solid alluminum caps. They'll work great in sand or topsoil, but they'll snap trying to drive them into rocky soil and you can pull the cap off the stake trying to remove them from hardpack dirt. Each tent should come with more stakes than actually needed to account for breakage, but these tents are used and maybe not SL-3 complete.

I have purchased a new Lightspeed 6-person tent for my post-Marine Corps life just so I can stand up and have more room to move around inside the tent, but I will never get rid of my Marine Corps 2-man tents and still take one with me everytime I go camping just in case my big tent fails.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tent I've ever owned. Period., July 19, 2012
This review is from: Usmc Marine Combat Tent Military Issue
Tent is build very well. Small but holds up great against the elements. Been using it since 2000 with hundreds of trips under its belt. I never go camping without it, even if I don't plan on using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy tent, roomy for one. Absolutely love it!, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Usmc Marine Combat Tent Military Issue
I love this tent! It is sturdy and has enough room for me and all of my gear. Two sleeping bags will fit side-by-side, so it can be a two-person tent. I like elbow room, so this is perfect for me. I purchased this refurbished Eureka tent from Field Gear & Protection. Field Gear included the strong U.S. military flourescent orange tent stakes and enough poles for erecting both the tent and the rain fly (if you want to use the fly separately from the tent). The tent has two doors with zippers that can either allow for screen openings or can be fully closed. I used this tent on the ground for three nights in a row in weather that was in the 40s. I was comfortable. I had no problem with condensation. I set the tent on a tarp. The underside of the tarp was wet when I broke down my campsite, but the tent was dry. There is a covered vestibule area outside the front door of the tent under the rain fly that provided protection for my boots and other gear that I didn't want to put in my tent. The opening on the other ("back") side of the rain fly is a vertical zipper. The rain fly on the back side is angled out as well so I was able to put some small things outside the tent on that side too. It is very easy to set up. Once it is up and staked, it would take a lot of harsh weather for it to be uprooted. It is everything I wanted in a tent. Kudos to Field Gear & Protection for their beyond-belief excellent customer service!

I hope you found this helpful. If I can answer any other questions, please feel free to ask in the comment section. I will reply as quickly as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars USMC combat tent., October 28, 2013
This review is from: Usmc Marine Combat Tent Military Issue
I bought this tent after much shopping around looking at different options. I wanted something that was just right for one person and was not of cheap quality. I was not dissapointed. I love this tent. I purchased it with a condition of new in a scuffed up box. when it arrived I was supprized to see that it looked as though it was shipped straight from the factory. It was in A1 100% new condition. The box didn't even have a mark on it. I have used it many times a couple being in single digit temps. The only complaint I have is the stakes are not the best but they work. If you hit a rock or are driving them into frozen ground they can bend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Usmc Marine Combat Tent Military Issue
item was exactly as described ! I didnt think it would actually be camo , but to my surprise it came with the camo also ! and with a repair kit

4.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love this tent, August 17, 2014
This review is from: Usmc Marine Combat Tent Military Issue
I absolutely love this tent. I had been eyeing one of these for a few years and finally splurged. And over all well worth the money. The tent is very sturdy and I didn't reallynotice the carry weaight on my Molly ruck. You can defiantly strip out most of the repair kit and drop a little excess. But if you are a trying for something on the minimal side then this isn't for you. Now my only complaint is how thin and rubbery the floor is. If you don't put a tarp or good footprint down you will defiantly get a snag or tair quite easily. Just last week I took it out for a three day trip into the smokies. We put it up on a tent pad of small packed gravle and it defiantly did a number on the tub floor. That is truly the only issue I have honestly had. It rained off and on and all my gear stayed dry. And the light discipline rain fly helpes if you need that extra hour or two in the morning. I have been searching for a footprint that will fit this and haven't had much luck. And I like to do dispersed camping and hiking so an extra tarp is out of the question weaight wise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Usmc Marine Combat Tent Military Issue
Received as described in new condition with repair kit, stakes and reversible rain fly. Pair with some Aluminum Y Beam tent stakes (included stakes are basic) and this tent, if properly cared for, will out last and out perform any regular camping tent. Slightly heavy for the ultra lite backpacker put for those situations just pack a bivy, like the USMC 3 season, or surplus Army Gore-Tex.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off not well enough described in Purchase description, May 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Tent, December 21, 2013
This review is from: Usmc Marine Combat Tent Military Issue
Tent is perfect. All the parts are here.
The repair kit and all. Very nice. I'm very happy.
Arrived sooner than predicted. Set up in the living room right now much to the wife's dismay.
Good seller. As I messed up the first time and canceled the order became I thought I found one cheaper.
Reordered and seller mailed me to make sure I really wanted to order it. Happy I did.
Look forward to getting other things from this seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand new and well worth the cost - A high quality tent, September 3, 2014
This review is from: Usmc Marine Combat Tent Military Issue
Brand new condition, never used. This one was the Eureka model. It had the tent and pole repair kit and weighs 9.5 pounds. This will make a good four-season tent as it has solid walls instead of mesh. The rainfly does not let light through so it's nice and dark inside which you may or may not like. Well worth the cost.

Usmc Marine Combat Tent Military Issue