Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: UtechSmart Premium 4 Port Aluminum USB Hub (11.81" cable) for iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Mini
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 12, 2014
THIS LITTLE HUB WORKS GREAT KNOCK ON WOOD !!!
I HAVE TWO OF THEM WHICH I PURCHASED AT THE SAME TIME
LOOKS JUST LIKE SOMETHING APPLE WOULD MAKE
I'M USING IT ON MY MACBOOK WHICH IS QUITE OLD - VERSION 10.5.8
CORD LENGTH IS GOOD TOO - NOT TOO LONG AND NOT TOO SHORT
on February 7, 2014
I chose this HUB because it has a silver color matt finish metal chassis (not cheap plastic housing), is 3.0 and has 7 front facing and 3 rear facing ports. Fit and finish are excellent. Each port has green LED lit up when in use, there is a red pwr LED and they are what I would call a soft medium intensity (not obnoxious). Since this unit doesn't have any mounting ears, I used a piece of Industrial Strength/Heavy Duty (4"x2") Velcro 2 part strip to mount it against right upright of a built in desk so its oriented vertically just above my mini tower. The Velcro I used provided a very solid mount but can be easily removed with no screw holes left behind. Now I have all my ports within easy reach, visible, off desktop and I can connect other peripherals etc. to the 3 rear facing ports. The power adapter seems to be high quality and I like it that the hub has a reset button on back. I would definitely buy this hub again!
on November 1, 2015
Needed this for my iMac at work. Fits perfectly underneath on the stand, and looks very nice with the computer.

Function has been flawless, and I can USB to my hearts content without reaching around behind that giant screen.
on December 27, 2014
Much better quality than expected for under $10. All components feel metal and high end.

Update: while useful for small items (keyboard/mouse dongle, USB drivers, etc.), this doesn't provide sufficient juice to power things I really want to have plugged in, like my 4TB HD or my USB DAC. Guess I'll have to keep searching for a solution. Also this thing weighs nothing (really) and will tip over awkwardly if taller items are placed into it.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon October 18, 2014
Great usb hub for imac. This hub matches my $1300 imac perfectly!! The downside to imacs is that all USB ports are on the back!! they have plenty of ports but they are hard to get to. I purchased this hub so that I could have easier access to the ports.. I normally dont use high drain devices on the hub so I cant comment how they work BUT this hub works great for flash drives, charging phones, cameras, etc..

Very high quality
on September 21, 2014
I know this is partially my fault, but I assumed that such a slick looking port would be USB 3.0 - it's not. I finally realized this after spending a half day trying to diagnose why my video editing had suddenly slowed down to a crawl. I had to remove the hub and wont be able to use it anymore (but at least my video editing works again with a USB 3.0 drive plugged directly into the computer).
on May 11, 2015
Worked great. For a while. Now I'm plagued with constant disconnects and reconnects, effectively making it useless as a hub for harddrives or USB monitors. Maybe just a construction issue with this specific one, but without a working one to compare to, I'm offering two stars for looks and initial/intended functionality.

This has the exact same color scheme as Apple keyboards.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2014
Looks great on my iMac...have never figured out why the King of design didn't put "ACCESSIBLE" USB, Audio...ports along the bottom stand, elegance it great but function plays a part in design as well and pulling my computer out to plug something in, just isn't functional since I have a very small space in the Kitchen for my iMac. THIS HUB solves that problem - Looks great, works great.
on April 15, 2014
It is as advertised, designed a la Apple, which is the main reason I picked it over other ones, but it has a slight flaw, it is not heavy enough to stay flat on the desk... the weight of the cables makes it tip to the front, BUT do not be discouraged from buying it.. it is still nice and serves its purpose. I am definitely ordering another one, I just wish manufacturers pay attention these days to details.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
The styling and number of ports is great; HOWEVER...

I bought this to connect to a late 2013 iMac and allow additional peripherals to be plugged in, without having to do the contortions of plugging and unplugging from the back of the iMac.

The System Report says that the Superdrive requires 500 mA, and that 500 mA is available from the Hub. The Hub documentation says that each port is limited to 900 mA. However, there is not enough power to run the Apple USB Superdrive and every time I plug it in (even with no other devices connected to the hub I get a message that the USB device needs power and to connect to a USB port on the Mac. I even tried a USB Y cable with one end plugged into an iPad charger, or a second powered hub to give a separate boost to the power, but that did not work. I was hoping to have my USB peripherals moved off of my desktop and out of sight. I am going to have to find an external CD burner with its own power supply--most these days are bus powered and do not have a separate power supply, in fact I have not been able to find any that have an external power supply. My Canoscan LIDE 100, which requires 500 mA works fine off of the Hub. The USB superdrive works fine when directly connect to the computer.

VERY DISAPPOINTING all those ports and not enough power.

Also, although the vendor info said that you could not CHARGE an iPad using this hub, I did not realize that this limitation would affect syncing. An iDevice must be charging to allow auto synching. You can manually synch the device by opening iTunes, selecting the device and sync options and then pressing the synch button, but it is not as convenient as just plugging it in and letting the computer do what it was designed for.